• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Elton Brand to ATL.

CJB

• Premium Member

If you are this upset that you make Hotlanta sound like a grief counselor compared to you then what's the point? I don't want to lose you as a fan but I just don't get being so unhappy with the Hawks as a team and ownership group that you'd want to be a fan.

Do you think Cubs fans actually think they'll ever win a World Series? That's how I see the Hawks. We'll never win a title. We can't even make it to a conference final. That doesn't mean I'm going to stop being a fan. I am disgusted by the A$G and the commitment to mediocrity but I will still root for the team even though it is hopeless.

• Like 1

There are lots of PG's as good or better than Teague. That was already covered in another thread though.

That makes 8 mill or less per year? Name em. And Im not talking about rookie contracts if you wanna go there. Edited by terrell

Some of the vultures on here make logging on almost unbearable. You just wait for any news whatsover to leach together and suck blood. Zaza better than Brand? WTF! Sense has escaped many of you and I pity you.

Teams were clearly tripping over themselves to sign Elton Brand. That's why he got a 1 year 4 million dollar contract.

That said... Whatever.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

That makes 8 mill or less per year? Name em. And Im not talking about rookie contracts if you wanna go there.

I'm more worried about having a championship team than I am who got the best bargain.

Teague is an average passer at best. His defense is terrible, and his shooting is on and off again.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 2

They got the finals didn't they? They're a title contender are they? It's going to be extremely hard to get a player to build around with the way Ferry is doing it. Why couldn't we give it a shot in what is supposed to be a deep drafting class?

Yes they did. LAST YEAR. WHEN HARDEN WAS THERE. THlS YEAR HOWEVER, THEY WERENT FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO KEEP James. And what happened? They lost to a Memphis team with NO SUPERSTARS. A western Conf final Memphis team that is. lmao Edited by terrell

Do you think Cubs fans actually think they'll ever win a World Series? That's how I see the Hawks. We'll never win a title. We can't even make it to a conference final. That doesn't mean I'm going to stop being a fan. I am disgusted by the A$G and the commitment to mediocrity but I will still root for the team even though it is hopeless.

Well I hope it doesn't kill you prematurely Soth! BTW, my boss is a Cubs fan and this was perhaps my favorite day at work ever when I sent him this video...

• Like 1

Teams were clearly tripping over themselves to sign Elton Brand. That's why he got a 1 year 4 million dollar contract.

Y'all are good at spinning stuff. What does this comment have to do with anything. There were 2 sought after free agents this offseason and neither wanted to come here. Not Ferry's fault so get over it. No one is tripping over each other to get to anybody that is left. That's why they are left. Brand is a better acquisition than Zaza and I love Zaza. I honestly think he is a better acquisition than Dalembert also although I would love to add him as well.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Well I hope it doesn't kill you prematurely Soth! BTW, my boss is a Cubs fan and this was perhaps my favorite day at work ever when I sent him this video...

Whenever I win the Finals with the Hawks in NBA 2k games and they show the little celebration after it...I do kinda get a little choked up knowing I will never see it in real life.

• Like 1

Whenever I win the Finals with the Hawks in NBA 2k games and they show the little celebration after it...I do kinda get a little choked up knowing I will never see it in real life.

People are starting to warm up to the continuing mediocrity ahead.

I sort of fell into that trap last year myself.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

• Moderators

As long as we are committed to ensure we aren't acquiring lottery draft picks and are content just to make the playoffs this season, I like this move for our front court. Brand has the length, heft and skill to still be a valuable rotation player at both the 4 and 5. This increases our playoff odds/seeding for 2013-14.I am done complaining (for the moment) about our not going after a franchise talent and if you were putting a crew together to win next year without putting our cap situation in a bind long-term then this is a fine deal.

Im starting to think Ferry plan is to just build a playoff team with as little committed salary as possible. Im sure once the new CBA came out with harsher punishments for teams in the luxury tax ASG freaked out and needed someone to come in and drop salary but remain competitive.

In the future Im guessing we are just going to keep signing Vets to 1-2 year deals so we can remain competitive without any long term deals.

I dont see us doing anything else for the next couple of seasons.

I doubt that. If that's what the ASG wanted they could have kept the prior management, because what you described is basically the state of the Hawks for the past five years.

• Moderators

About 20 franchises have been mired in mediocrity (meaning no championship apparently) for the last 40 years. I'm guessing it ain't easy.

Personally, I view being a legit championship contender as above mediocrity so I envy teams like OKC, Stockton/Malone Jazz, etc. even without a ring. Teams that start the season knowing they have zero chance at a championship are more appropriately described as mediocre.