• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Brand the latest vet to choose Hawks over others

Nicholasp27

Nicholas I agree we are headed in the right direction and players recognize that. But please tell me what "sources" indicated Paul was going to choose us if not LAC.

Brand said other good teams were courting him but he chose ATL because of Ferry and what he is trying to do. Said we will be as good as those teams that were courting him with his help.Korver chose us over othersBrand chose us over othersMillsap chose us at a bargainSources indicated we were the team Paul was interested in if he left LA (DOC ruined that tho)Lou chose us at a bargain last yearWe are beginning to be desired, no matter what the haters may say...the culture is changing, and this before we even play the season with BUD as our coach and smoove gone

He says nice things about the team that possibly gave him the best offer. That's a surprise.

Brand said other good teams were courting him but he chose ATL because of Ferry and what he is trying to do. Said we will be as good as those teams that were courting him with his help.Korver chose us over othersBrand chose us over othersMillsap chose us at a bargainSources indicated we were the team Paul was interested in if he left LA (DOC ruined that tho)Lou chose us at a bargain last yearWe are beginning to be desired, no matter what the haters may say...the culture is changing, and this before we even play the season with BUD as our coach and smoove gone

I really do like the signings, I wish we had Zaza, Ivan and Asik for Josh. I hope Bud is a very good coach cause Drew Is. Aside of Jenkins and Scott, who from the summer will play at Philips? Muscala, Mack and Cunningham I suppose. That would make 11. Make that 12 I forgot about Carroll.

Edited by Swatguy

Sothron, get in here. You have a post to like...

Just laughed so hard I nearly choked. I imagined someone yelling to another person who's in another room and then that person getting there and being like what was the big emergency.
  • Like 2

* Everybody on Hawksquawk apart from Sothron and Hotlanta1981 likes this.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

* Everybody on Hawksquawk apart from Sothron and Hotlanta1981 likes this.

Yes, mediocre or washed up players deciding to sign with the Hawks should make all of us smile. Let's all remember that magical time we signed a 34 year old backup power forward. It was clearly the missing piece to our championship puzzle.

• Like 1

Yes, mediocre or washed up players deciding to sign with the Hawks should make all of us smile. Let's all remember that magical time we signed a 34 year old backup power forward. It was clearly the missing piece to our championship puzzle.

I don't know why I am responding because I think you are unwavering in your opinions, but nobody claims that he is the missing piece to our championship puzzle.

In our eyes (speaking for most of Hawksquawk), for the first time in a long time, we feel as though we are on a good road to eventually build a legitimate franchise that can compete for championships. Nobody is saying we have arrived this year, but we are building a solid foundation based on team-first, high BBIQ individuals, high value contracts, and versatile players. Also, we have an unbelievable amount of flexibility and can adapt depending on how this season goes. Each one of the things I have listed have not been true (maybe outside of BK's 6'8" short-lived fantasy) for us.

Obviously negative things can happen, but we have a reason to be excited. Is the future uncertain? Of course, but it always has been and it is for everybody. Relax!

• Like 1

I think the important thing to recognize here is that throughout the signings, everyone has said the same thing be it returning guys or those new to the fold and that is...

"Danny is building something special here and I want to be a part of that."

I have to say it was said by everyone we signed if I am not mistaken. Whatever Kool-Aid DF is stirring up, whoever sips from glass wants more and that's key.

• Like 1

Soth used to be a quality poster but he is just now a clone of Hotlanta. Still don't know why Hotlanta posts here anymore with JJ gone.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Soth used to be a quality poster but he is just now a clone of Hotlanta.Still don't know why Hotlanta posts here anymore with JJ gone.

Thanks, I guess? In case you have not realized it myself, Wretch and AHF as well as Hotlanta, nbasupes, and others have expressed genuine concern over the future of our franchise. So either we're all "clones" or perhaps, just perhaps, there may be a reason so many quality posters are concerned about the Hawks.

• Like 1

Why can't you just be a fan and not an owner/GM? I felt bad for you when you were run off but you have this bitter tone in all of your posts regarding every...single....thing Atlanta Hawks. The board would love to have your positive attitude back.

• Like 2