• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis Schröder is better right now than Jeff Teague

NBASupes

He is better overall. He is more impactful in terms of running an offense, passing, getting others open shots, flair passing, controlling the tempo, defensive intensity, offensive BBIQ, and he is elite at running the PnR which is Horf's game.

We need not to waste time starting Bobby Jackson 2.0. Start Schröder now.

• Like 1

... and NBASoup HATES Jeff Teague so you must take anything related to JT with a grain of salt. Yes Schröder looks good in summer league but he can't finish at the rim and his shot is very inconsistent with his feet set and non-existent when off the dribble. He's got a ways to go before he's stealing minutes from Teague.

• Like 2

I think there are certainly some aspects that come more natural to Schröder, and I think it is pretty clear that he will be a better player at the point guard position long term. However, I don't think he is a better player in the now.

I do think the kid is going to be a star though. Looking at how he played vs players that fans want to tank to get in the 2014 draft, I have no qualms about saying that this kid would be a top 10 pick in 2014 had NBA folks been able to follow him for another year.

• Like 2

But you're watching Schröder against summer league competition. Sure, he looks promising and is showing a load of potential, but saying that he's better than Jeff Teague right now is a little premature.

I don't care if this was NBA Cares Basketball camp. I seen more impact and dominance from Dennis than I've seen from Jeff. Dennis makes everyone much better, he controls the game at an elite level, his passes are superb. His defense is good. Could be better but his defensive intensity is top notch. I don't see why can't be as good as a rookie Rubio right now.

... and NBASoup HATES Jeff Teague so you must take anything related to JT with a grain of salt. Yes Schröder looks good in summer league but he can't finish at the rim and his shot is very inconsistent with his feet set and non-existent when off the dribble. He's got a ways to go before he's stealing minutes from Teague.

If Jeff had PG skills or was a reasonably paid 6th man, you can call me a superhater saying the stuff I say but as a starting PG, what have you seen from Jeff that's more impactful than Dennis?

Taking into consideration Teague's willingness to go and play for LD - I have a feeling you will get your wish supe.

Teague is still trade-able (short-term) as long as he agrees to the deal.

If Philly can flip Jrue Holiday for Nerlens Noel and a 1st round pick in 2014, then the Hawks can get a similar haul for Jeff Teague, who is better across the board than Holiday is.

If Philly can flip Jrue Holiday for Nerlens Noel and a 1st round pick in 2014, then the Hawks can get a similar haul for Jeff Teague, who is better across the board than Holiday is.

Hell naw, Teague is not as good as Jrue Holiday.

• Like 2

Ahh yes - but was Philly really doing that for the reason you think? Many think it was a tank move.

So Schröder is better than Teague and he is shooting like 30% in the summer league while Teague shot 47% against real NBA players...Oh okay.

SL percentages are always down because of the schedule of games and practice. Twoadays with games is not easy at all.

• Premium Member

Of course, just like I did with Lillard the year before.

Sooo only the positives of summer league counts for Schröder but not the negatives like the poor shooting percentages over all and the 6 turn overs in the last game

• Premium Member

He is better overall. He is more impactful in terms of running an offense, passing, getting others open shots, flair passing, controlling the tempo, defensive intensity, offensive BBIQ, and he is elite at running the PnR which is Horf's game.

We need not to waste time starting Bobby Jackson 2.0. Start Schröder now.

SMH... At times I really wish you would have stayed a Pelicans fan...

• Like 2

Career numbers:

Jrue Holiday -- PER 15.1, TS% 0.508, eFG% 0.478, ORB% 3.1, DRB% 9.4, TRB% 6.2, AST% 28.8, STL% 2.3, BLK% 0.8, TOV% 16.9, USG 22.3, ORtg 101, DRtg 106, WS 14.4, WS48 0.071

Jeff Teague -- PER 15.5, TS% 0.534, eFG% 0.489, ORB% 1.1, DRB%, 8.0, TRB% 4.6, AST% 29.0, STL% 2.5, BLK% 1.2, TOV% 16.5, USG 20.8, ORtg 105, DRtg 105, WS 14.3, WS40 0.106

So, no. Not only is Holiday not a better player. The ONLY thing he does better than Teague is rebound.

Honestly, I'm not sure what Dell Demps was thinking when he made this trade. The 76ers made out like bandits.

• Like 3