• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Baller Mind Frame- "Hawks offseason: Which player will be missed the most?"

Colin

http://www.ballermindframe.com/2013/07/20/atlanta-hawks-off-season-which-player-will-be-missed-the-most/

Good article by some random dude with a cool name.

This brings us to the main point: how much will the Hawks miss Josh Smith?

Not that much.

While there will be noticeably less highlight-reel dunks and rejections next season, the Hawks put themselves in a much better position by signing Millsap to an affordable two-year, $19 million contract. Not only are they committed for less years and less money than they would have been with Smith, they also added a player who looks to fit very well into newly-hired head coach Mike Budenholzer’s system. While there may be a drop-off in Hawks jersey sales due to Smith’s departure, there will almost certainly be an increase in efficiency with Millsap’s addition. Hawks fans may feel the most devastated about Smith leaving Atlanta, after all, what is there to argue about now that Smith and his shot selection are no longer impacting games?

Edited by Colin

I think we will miss Josh more than most of us are willing to say. He lost some games for us, and won some games for us, but I think his +/- is generally positive. Horford got a lot of easy buckets assisted by Josh for example.

Will also be interesting to see how he impacts Detroit.

I think we will miss Josh more than most of us are willing to say. He lost some games for us, and won some games for us, but I think his +/- is generally positive. Horford got a lot of easy buckets assisted by Josh for example.

Will also be interesting to see how he impacts Detroit.

Some of the passes that the two of them made to each other really gave me hope for the future at times. They had been building some chemistry throughout all our complaints.

• Premium Member

We will miss Zaza but he hasn't played a single playoff game the last two years. I won't miss him being out when we need him the most.We will miss what Josh did for us but it isn't like we haven't replaced him. Millsap and Brand are very good replacements, probably an upgrade.

Definately Ivan. I remeber being anxious and couldn't understand why the Hawks took their sweet time signing Josh away from Memphis in 08. I was pissed we might lose him, and relieved we retained him with hopes that he would always be the player he showed during his middle years here, most notably 09-10. Now, I don't miss him one bit.

Did I miss Ivan signing somewhere else? Why is everyone so sure he won't be back?

I assumed since we seem to have PF covered pretty well, and also because although he busts his a** on the court, I'm guessing he doesn't fit what DF and Bud want for the team culture.