• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What's your take of Shelvin Mack?

NBASupes

My take on Mack is simple. During the season, he was the best player on the roster at running an offense last year. That includes Devin and Jeff. He wasn't above average at anything but he was not sorry at anything as well. He was basically average with no real strengths or weaknesses.

During the SL, he had some moments and a lot of WTF moments. He had to run a complex offense which no one else ran in SL outside of us. He struggled quite a bit at it while Dennis seems to be the natural at running an offense. With that said, if he is back, I am cool with it. If he is not, oh well. He's a 3rd PG. That's his thing. He doesn't really hurt us if he is on the court for 5-8 MPG. That's the main job of a 3rd PG anyway. Just to either add a little bit of value or to not hurt the team.

What's your take on Shelvin Mack?

I like the guy. He's a hard worker, and honestly sometimes it helps to have PGs with different skill sets and methods. He always runs. I agree that there were a few WTF moments during SL but he usually followed it up with a really good pass or defensive act. For being shipped around as much as he has, I'm really surprised he hasn't found a solid "home" yet because his play at Butler was pretty strong. Hope he can make the roster.

• Moderators

...if he is back, I am cool with it. If he is not, oh well. He's a 3rd PG. That's his thing.

My thoughts exactly. We can take him or leave him, IDC. He's the 3rd PG which only get big minutes in blowouts and when Teague/Schröder are out.

Shelden+Marvin+Fusion Dance= ShelVin, super scrub? Hmm, no 80s babies or people knowledgeable of Dragon Ball Z here?

Er, guess I'll let the Wiki do the explaining

he Fusion Dance is a short series of poses that are performed by two characters of equal power levels and roughly equal size. In the series, the result of a correctly performed Fusion Dance is a superior being whose power is multiplied severalfold over that of the individual fusees. If one character performs the dance wrong, then it will result in an obese or a skinny character who is much weaker than either fusee individually.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Fusion_Dance

this is exactly what im befuddled about, i m hearing from the summer league crowd like he is a messy hotdog that slips through your hands.

but i remeber when we replaced progo for him and i felt a lot better during the season, like i said he wasnt wild, the offense flowed better he would also occasionally hit a shot to me he just looked the part.

this is exactly what im befuddled about, i m hearing from the summer league crowd like he is a messy hotdog that slips through your hands.

but i remeber when we replaced progo for him and i felt a lot better during the season, like i said he wasnt wild, the offense flowed better he would also occasionally hit a shot to me he just looked the part.

In SL, there was less team chemistry as usual and Snyder offense was more complex then what we ran during the regular season.

• Moderators

I felt during SL, Shelvin was trying to do too much and was trying to make that team "his". Then Schröder started showing out and he could see that backup PG spot slipping through his fingers. It felt like because he was trying to do too much that it made him look BAD. With that said, I can take him or leave him. We already have 6 guys from that SL team that's a sure thing (Jenkins, Scott, Schröder, Cunningham, Bebe, and Muscala). How many more roster spots do you use on SL guys?