• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pero Antic will sign a 1+1 deal with the Hawks

DawsonsCreek

Pero is a great team player and a little general on the paint.pros:-good at block out-rebounding-plays tough defence-good on headsout, fast enough for pick n rolls-scores crucial 3 pointers-smart player, always sees the assist-210 centimeters height makes him viable as a C too-goes for the dunk-experienced, knows what to do-can play the transition-good charactercons:-doesnt try often mid range shots, shoots mostly 3 pointers and dunks/drives-doesnt block the ball often-cant play any well with back to basket-affected emotionally on bad referee calls(happened alot in domestic league finals where situation is bad)i believe Pero can succeed on the NBA because he plays on the coach plan and is able to play really smart basketball and help his teamates to perform better tooHe had a contract at Olympiacos around 500.000 dollars per year and team didnt renew it so he is a free agent.He was substituted by a younger PF but if he stayed could help the team alot.Was 6th player on stats last year.Enjoy Pero, the 'alani'Best wishes for Hawks and Pero,

an Olympiacos B.C. fan.

• Like 1

I wouldn't expect to much from him, he is a physical strong PF(not a C) with a good entertaining factor. I think his style of play fits better to FIBA ball, where he isn't that dominant beside an very impressive 2011 Eurobasket. Talking about this tournament, i don't understand why no NBA team take a look at Bo McCalleb, even when he is small i think his skillset is better suited for the NBA then FIBA ball and even here he is really really impressive.

I wouldn't expect to much from him, he is a physical strong PF(not a C) with a good entertaining factor. I think his style of play fits better to FIBA ball, where he isn't that dominant beside an very impressive 2011 Eurobasket. Talking about this tournament, i don't understand why no NBA team take a look at Bo McCalleb, even when he is small i think his skillset is better suited for the NBA then FIBA ball and even here he is really really impressive.

I believe best fit from Europe for an NBA team is Milos Teodosic.

Check him, has something of Ricky Rubio.

Like the guy before said. Pero Antić is macedonian. He most likely has some serbian roots because of his last name Antić.

He was born in Skopje, lived his whole youth in Skopje, started his basketball career in Skopje. His whole family lives in Skopje as does he. He's been playing for Macedonia for years before he played for Red Star. He's played for youth teams there and so on.

Just because he is a fan of Red Star, played there and has a tattoo of their supporters that doesn't make him serbian.

Hi Daminko,

I agree with you, Pero is born and raised in Skopje and plays for Macedonia, but he is ethnic Serb; like Kobe is raised in Italy, but we all known that he is American.

It is not so important, cos' before the First world war Macedonia was south Serbia, so basically, all Macedonians are ethnic Serbs, just Pero's family never changed there las name, so that's why is so obvious.

Pozdrav iz Banjaluke.

Edited by SerbianHawk

Miloš is best PG right now in Europe, but PG with the greatest potential is, of course, Dennis Schröder.Question is only how fast he will adapt to the NBA style of play.

• Moderators

Well, I don't. What does that mean?

p.s. Serious question, not being sarcastic.

The text earlier on this page (Red Star Belgrade, etc.) explains it well.

http://zurnal.mk/content.asp?id=20137220317 (translate to English)

Skopje, July 2 - The captain of the basketball team Macedonian Pero Antić, never concealed that is a fan of the Red Star, a team whose jersey he wore in the period from 2005 to 2007.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delije

Delije (Serbian: Делије), in Serbian generally refers to a brave, strong, very tall man or roughly translated as Hardmen, is an umbrella name referring to the supporters of various sports clubs that compete under Red Star Belgrade Sports Society banner.

Now as another matter, I'm scared to ask Pero what "Ready to Blow a Load" means. (Re: SerbianHawk's avatar) Hey Dolfan, did he steal that tee from Brent Grimes' birthday party?

~lw3

• Like 2

I doubt it, Teodosic is a great PG but i think on this position FIBA and NBA Basketball require different Skillset. In the NBA you need to create much more for yourself, or play 2 man plays while in europe it is more about organisating the team.

Schröder for example, is a player i always said that he fits much better to the NBA style of play then to the FIBA style. For FIBA i think even germany have 1-2 better suited PGs Posted Image

Jasekevicius my favorite FIBA PG, on the other hand didn't make the transition from FIBA to NBA. Calderon is also on of the best in international competion, and i think he is stronger there then parker for example on NBA rules he is a solid starter nothing more and parker is one of best.

And for me McCalleb style as a score first guard, with a very good eye for his team mates is a much better fit for the NBA then Teodesic(who would be also in the NBA a better defender but i doubt that he can use his strengths in offense).

Edited by CrazyEye

The text earlier on this page (Red Star Belgrade, etc.) explains it well.

http://zurnal.mk/content.asp?id=20137220317 (translate to English)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delije

Now as another matter, I'm scared to ask Pero what "Ready to Blow a Load" means. (Re: SerbianHawk's avatar) Hey Dolfan, did he steal that tee from Brent Grimes' birthday party?

~lw3

LOL nice catch on the t-shirt! And don't be hating on my boy Brent Grimes.... 2013 NFL Comeback Player of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year candidate :)

• Like 1

You're a little late on this one, Endy. We traded Andersen awhile back to Rockets for a draft pick.

Sorry, I was being a smart alec. Anderson is when I quit getting the least bit excited about a "great prospect stashed overseas". Decided a play like that was about as valuable as stock options instead of pay raises. <grin>

Schröder for example, is a player i always said that he fits much better to the NBA style of play then to the FIBA style. For FIBA i think even germany have 1-2 better suited PGs Posted Image

Exactly. Like Parker, he always had a problem to adapt to FIBA style of play. I hope Schröder will be as good as Parker.

Well, I don't. What does that mean?

p.s. Serious question, not being sarcastic.

lethalweapon3 did a great research, but let mi try to explain this way: In Europe you have teams whose fans are mono-ethnic or mono-religious ; like Celtics fans are only catolics, Rangers only protestants, Red Star fans - Delije are only Serbs, or Dinamo fans only Croats...

Edited by SerbianHawk
  • Like 1

Hi Daminko,

I agree with you, Pero is born and raised in Skopje and plays for Macedonia, but he is ethnic Serb; like Kobe is raised in Italy, but we all known that he is American.

It is not so important, cos' before the First world war Macedonia was south Serbia, so basically, all Macedonians are ethnic Serbs, just Pero's family never changed there las name, so that's why is so obvious.

Pozdrav iz Banjaluke.

I don't mean to get into political/historical debates but this is just not true and it's rather silly.

Anyway Pero's mother is macedonian but his father has serbian roots but he was also born in Skopje. So Pero is far more ethnically macedonian than he is serbian. Just because he has a not macedonian sounding last name doesn't make him not macedonian.

He will play for Macedonia in this years Eurobasket staring in a month, so anyone wanting to see Pero play can check him out there.

Is that guy Anderson still stashed down in Australia? Another overseas center hopeful. I've been waiting on that guy that was raved about by many for what 5, 7, or more years now? Is it soup yet?

Hawks traded that dude's rights to Houston a while ago. But I admit I was waiting on him also. It's because of dude's like Anderson, that I have no patience or trust in leaving players overseas... They never show up later.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I don't mean to get into political/historical debates but this is just not true and it's rather silly.

Anyway Pero's mother is macedonian but his father has serbian roots but he was also born in Skopje. So Pero is far more ethnically macedonian than he is serbian. Just because he has a not macedonian sounding last name doesn't make him not macedonian.

He will play for Macedonia in this years Eurobasket staring in a month, so anyone wanting to see Pero play can check him out there.

Macedonia isnt a nation its a geographic region, so all this talking is pointless.

People that live in FYROM are slavs, albanians and other balkan origined people.

There isnt a macedonian race really.