• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are you satisfied with what the Hawks have done

Vol4ever

Are you happy with the offseason moves and direction of the team?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hell no. I freaking love the draft picks. Bebe and Dennis are positives. I hate the free agency moves. Every damn move as well. I don't see the fits. I hope this team losses every game. Call me selfish as a fan but I want one of those prime talents in the NBA draft in 2014.

Really look at Charlotte who is suppose to be a bottom 3 team with Philly and Sac-town. Their starting lineup is as good as ours with a worst bench but their starting lineup is as good as ours. Look at Sac-Town. They even have a lot of talent as well. You really think this team is any good. We are just average. I expect only 40-42 wins because of Horford, experience, and BBIQ. I don't even see the fits, post presence, and the ability to create your own shot from that I expect 25-30 wins. Add injuries and the tank is the limit.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I was hoping for more this offseason, but I'm happy with it so far. Can't control players' minds and force them to sign with us, but at least Ferry is making moves and not just sitting in one of the upper offices of the Philips Arena playing solitaire. Ferry works hard for this organization and I appreciate him. It's nice to see GM actually act like a real GM. We signed the top assistant coach in the league and revamped the rest of the staff with great expertise. We snagged a few good players in the draft and I would say that all three have the possibility of being great. Jenkins and Scott both got better. Teague and Horford are both still here and Brand was a nice pick up for the bench. I feel that Brand is something this team has been missing for quite some time - a post player off of the bench. The fan fave KK was retained and a new fan fave DMC was brought in. I feel every player signed or retained will show to be a valuable asset at some point in time: whether it be on the court or in a trade. I still feel that Millsap was signed to be traded later and once Schröder shows some growth and readiness, Teague will be used as bait too. I'm ready to see what Zaza Antić will do for us. Ayón will be our 3rd center while Bebe and Muscala will be in Bakersfield to improve their strength. Still interested to see what Bud does with the starting 2 & 3 spots.

I am disappointed that we didnt take any steps back or progressed forward enough to challenge the top 5 east elites.

We are in a very similar position to what we were after we traded marvin and joe last off season. If we dont make any major trades I expect us to be another lower seed 1st round exit playoff team.

I am very concerned if Ferry will keep us in this position for the next couple of seasons.

• Like 2

Like PSHHHHHRR, I'm glad we finally have a GM who makes things happen. In Budenholzer I think we finally have a long term coach. Those two things alone make us a legit franchise now. It might take a couple years, but I think already we can safely say nobody can call the Atlanta Hawks a joke of a franchise anymore. The future is promising.

• Like 1

Like PSHHHHHRR, I'm glad we finally have a GM who makes things happen. In Budenholzer I think we finally have a long term coach. Those two things alone make us a legit franchise now. It might take a couple years, but I think already we can safely say nobody can call the Atlanta Hawks a joke of a franchise anymore. The future is promising.

We haven't seen him be the HC for us for one game? What makes him better than LD or Woody. Woody came from the Larry Brown coaching tree which Pop came from. He wasn't no Pop. What makes Bud a great coach. He never been a permanent HC and his roster is average as heck. No bet he is the next Pop or the next Terry Stotts yet.

• Like 1

No, not even sold on the draft because we went into the draft looking like we needed starters at SG,SF, and C and did not get anything to fill those positions. We went into Free Agency with the same needs and did not fill positions. I always thought Bibby/Teague, Joe, Josh, Al, and a athletic Center like Chandler, Dalembert, etc. could have pushed us into the upper echelon. We have taken a serious step back from being one player away from the ECFinals atleast. Was never impressed with cap space and never will be. 1st rule of marketing is location, location, location, and ATL is still not the preferred place to land top tier free agents

No, not even sold on the draft because we went into the draft looking like we needed starters at SG,SF, and C and did not get anything to fill those positions. We went into Free Agency with the same needs and did not fill positions. I always thought Bibby/Teague, Joe, Josh, Al, and a athletic Center like Chandler, Dalembert, etc. could have pushed us into the upper echelon. We have taken a serious step back from being one player away from the ECFinals atleast. Was never impressed with cap space and never will be. 1st rule of marketing is location, location, location, and ATL is still not the preferred place to land top tier free agents

Atlanta has location, what is lacks of passion for organization. No one cares except us.

• Like 1

Not just no, but NO NO NO! This offseason has only sold how terrible of a location ATL is for players. We are stockpiling PGs and PFs. This team is a joke as SG, C, and SF ( I don't consider Horford a real C as he hates it and wants to play PF). We can't even get a guy who has been out of basketball (Oden) to consider us. This team needs to lose a ton of games and get a game changer in the draft. I like Schröder, I like the POTENTIAL of Bebe. I am not crazy about anything else really. The scoring is lacking, the depth is marginal, and we have no real play maker on the team at all. I do think we will be moving in the right direction in the next few years, but as the team stands now the direction is stale. I have no idea why we signed some of the people we did and refused to seriously pursue a real C, SF, and SG. I am just so confused how this team is built this year. The sad fact is, Atlanta is not a place top tier talent wants to be, I don't know what they can do to fix that, but it needs to be fixed.

Given that Howard wanted no part of the Hawks and Doc screwed up any chance of getting Paul. I am please with what Ferry has done. He still leave us in good position to add a key free agent in next year offseason. The following year we will be in good position once again to be players. On top of that we got some good young talent.

What scares me is that Horford will most likely not want to come back since it is obvious the ownership doesn't care if he doesn't want to play C. Teague asked us NOT to sign him, which means next FA he will be gone (unless we build a winner). We can't get any real players to come here, what makes us think that will change anytime soon? The ownership is a joke to the rest of the NBA. Ferry is handcuffed. And let's all be really honest. We lost out on every major FA we pursued. We are stuck overpaying backups and hoping they can keep shooting well. This team needs new ownership, a better image, and a commitment to its current players they are getting better. With the signing of the Mexican guy today it pretty much means the Oden rumors of not considering the Hawks at all are true, and Nogieura won't be playing for us next season is also true. We have what 10 players under contract and half of them are PF...I just don't get it at all.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think there is a division with Squawkers on what direction to go. Some squawkers want to win now and don't want a rebuild or excuses why we can get players, etc., on the other hand there are squawkers who don't mind the rebuilding process and willing to have patience and have trust in Ferry he will do a good job.

Im sure the Hawks ownership paid Ferry a pretty decent salary to come to the ATL, so its on him.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I think there is a division with Squawkers on what direction to go. Some squawkers want to win now and don't want a rebuild or excuses why we can get players, etc., on the other hand there are squawkers who don't mind the rebuilding process and willing to have patience and have trust in Ferry he will do a good job.

Im sure the Hawks ownership paid Ferry a pretty decent salary to come to the ATL, so its on him.

This sums it up pretty good. When you look at what Ferry has done, there's really nothing to complain about. Honestly, the man has done his job.

Josh Smith - Evaluated him, shopped him, let him walk. A+

Jeff Teague - Matched him A+

Draft - Solid picks for where we were picking B+

Free agency - We cleared the cap space, pursued the max guys, had a chance. We brought back solid replacements for what we lost. B+

Snagged the hottest upcoming coaching name - A++

Realized that JJ was an issue and quickly jumped on that deal - A+

Swapped Marvin for Harris - B+

Danny Ferry has NOT done a bad job as a GM. Dude is really working his ass off and as a basketball fan, you really can't criticize the moves he's made. There's NOTHING wrong with what he's done.

With me, the problem is simply the philosophy. This is not how you build a contender. This is how contenders maintain contender status and how up and coming teams rise. This is how bottom feeders retool and prepare for that breakout season. As a team in the middle of the pack, this is how you STAY in the middle of the pack. People aren't going to see that for another 2 or 3 years. In the meantime...

The champs and strong contenders are going to maintain.

Fallen contenders will drop out of the picture completely.

Surprise teams will stumble upon something that works - and they will leapfrog/lap us.

We will stay in the middle.

• Like 2