• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Things I wish we would have done vs a good job done so far

red2play

Wish we would have picked up Brook Lopez and let the D Howard deal take place for the Nets.

Wish we would have gotten that draft pick from the Bucks for 2014 for Josh Smith.

Instead of picking up Brand and Millsap, would rather tank this year and pick up others cap space issues with draft picks.

That being said, I LOVE what we did with Joe Johnson, keeping Teague but its like Horford is an afterthought and would love to see him at the PF position.

Oh yeah, it just seems like Ferry wanted to put his stamp on the team rather than doing what's best for the franchise. I'd like to know how we still don't have a Center after him being here for two offseasons. Why don't we have any all-around SF's? or an SG that's talller than 6'5"?

What Bucks draft pick are you referring to? Can you link to the offer? I don't recall any good offers for Josh last year.

The Atlanta Hawks pulled out of a final-hour trade that would have sent Josh Smith to the Bucks in exchange for three role players and a protected No. 1 pick, reports Ric Bucher.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/2/21/4014574/josh-smith-nba-trade-deadline-hawks-bucks

The Atlanta Hawks pulled out of a final-hour trade that would have sent Josh Smith to the Bucks in exchange for three role players and a protected No. 1 pick, reports Ric Bucher. http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/2/21/4014574/josh-smith-nba-trade-deadline-hawks-bucks

What about the other 3 players and their long term contracts 3 years I think - was not worth it.I don't remember a 1st bring offered though.How were we in the Brook Lopez conversation?Beside Lopez had foot surgery a few weeks ago. Edited by JayBirdHawk

Wish we would have picked up Brook Lopez and let the D Howard deal take place for the Nets.

Wish we would have gotten that draft pick from the Bucks for 2014 for Josh Smith.

Instead of picking up Brand and Millsap, would rather tank this year and pick up others cap space issues with draft picks.

That being said, I LOVE what we did with Joe Johnson, keeping Teague but its like Horford is an afterthought and would love to see him at the PF position.

Oh yeah, it just seems like Ferry wanted to put his stamp on the team rather than doing what's best for the franchise. I'd like to know how we still don't have a Center after him being here for two offseasons. Why don't we have any all-around SF's? or an SG that's talller than 6'5"?

People keep mentioning we don't have a 3 or a 5... well, those are hard to get. Not only was Horford by far the best 5 available to us, but taking salary into account Millsap/Horford is also by far the best 4/5 combination available to us. It's not ideal, and I'm sure we'd all love to pair Howard or Marc Gasol with Horford, but that's just not very realistic right now.

Instead, Ferry drafted a C with high upside. Obviously we still need a 3 but we're working on that. Korver is solid.

• Like 1

• Moderators

People keep mentioning we don't have a 3 or a 5... well, those are hard to get. Not only was Horford by far the best 5 available to us, but taking salary into account Millsap/Horford is also by far the best 4/5 combination available to us. It's not ideal, and I'm sure we'd all love to pair Howard or Marc Gasol with Horford, but that's just not very realistic right now.

Instead, Ferry drafted a C with high upside. Obviously we still need a 3 but we're working on that. Korver is solid.

I think Brand will turn out to be a shrewd move at center. All these other forwards are to keep a physical toll off of Horford and Brand for the playoffs i think.

• Moderators

That Bucks trade offer was reported in more detail than Bucher's tweet by other sources. All 3 players had multi-year deals at overpaid prices. This would have blocked us from going after Paul/Dwight. That isn't worth a protected first round pick. I'd take a chance at landing two superstars over a non-lottery draft pick and 3 years of bad cap contracts.

• Like 3

What about the other 3 players and their long term contracts 3 years I think - was not worth it.I don't remember a 1st bring offered though.How were we in the Brook Lopez conversation?Beside Lopez had foot surgery a few weeks ago.

A first was offered but the protection basically meant we'd be lucky to see it....ever....considering it was something like top 20 protected or something and these are the perennial 8th seed Bucks we are talking about. I guess he also thinks we would have cleared cap for the Nets by taking Lopez but right now, it would not a make a difference in the least to facilitate a sign and trade and previously Lopez was a key asset FOR Dwight so really he was wishing on a fantasy scenario that didn't and couldn't happen.

• Premium Member

I think Brand will turn out to be a shrewd move at center. All these other forwards are to keep a physical toll off of Horford and Brand for the playoffs i think.

Maybe 3 yrs ago. Brand is oft injured and a shell of his former self. Remember, he's 34 years old. Unless he's been spending time with Lebron and Rich Paul, he's not going to get faster or stronger. We got him to be an enforcer, I think he's going to be like the time we had Kevin Willis. Maybe a little better.

Ferry has to get one more guy to play C. A true 7 footer who can play some minutes. That's why I'm a proponent of giving up a 2015 pick protected top 5 and Stevenson for Gortat. The guy has a motor, can bang with the best, rebounds, plays PNR, he's worth it.

Maybe 3 yrs ago. Brand is oft injured and a shell of his former self. Remember, he's 34 years old. Unless he's been spending time with Lebron and Rich Paul, he's not going to get faster or stronger. We got him to be an enforcer, I think he's going to be like the time we had Kevin Willis. Maybe a little better.

Why lie?Brand was by FAR the best player in the league at opponent's ppp on post plays just 2 seasons ago (maybe last year also but article was written year before so don't have confirmation on last year)Brand played 72 games last year and only missed 13 total games in the past 3 seasonsLOLat oft injured and a shell when he missed 13 games in 3 years and led league in post up man defenseThe truth is that had had a total of 2 bad injury seasons 4-5 years ago but has played 60+ games every other year of career
  • Like 4

• Premium Member

Ideal for the long term probably was fulfilled... 19 and 20 yr old draftees with high ceilings... all FA signings short and by most counts, no overspending, and most guys likely to be attractive championship run trade pieces in the pursuit of additional draft picks.Short term strategy would have been to draft an immediate impact wing, and once the Paul/Howard dream was eliminated, to have successfully obtained Peklovic.Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Edited by sturt

Ideal for the long term probably was fulfilled... 19 and 20 yr old draftees with high ceilings... all FA signings short and by most counts, no overspending, and most guys likely to be attractive championship run trade pieces in the pursuit of additional draft picks. Short term strategy would have been to draft an immediate impact wing, and once the Paul/Howard dream was eliminated, to have successfully obtained Peklovic. Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

no1 is trading draft picks for anyone on this roster besides horford and teague.

• Premium Member

Come Feb, I doubt that there will be any untouchable veterans. In fact, correct.me if I'm wrong, but I think teams may trade their newly signed players after just 3 months... meaning we potentially could begin selling off as soon as others suffer injuries to their starters.

Your post is so nonsensical, that I almost didn't address it.

You would have rather gotten an overrated, over hyped, offense only, overpaid Brook Lopez who isn't even close to being as good as the Hawks "undersized" center right now?

And you are yet another fan that believes tanking is a good idea when there is absolutely no evidence that shows this to be a smart strategy.

Sigh.