• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone else think this Depth Chart looks funny?

noble

So I was just poking around ESPN and saw our depth chart here....http://espn.go.com/nba/team/depth/_/name/atl/atlanta-hawks

Does anyone else seem to think it looks funny or odd? 4PF, 1C, 2SF, 3SG, 3PG. The graphic just makes me wonder how they are building this team on the front end. It is like sometimes they will roll out 3 PF to hack-a-(insert name here), or something. It just looks funny.

• Moderators

It does look funny. Brand will be backing up center we know. Deshawn will be gone and replaced with Carroll.

We are loaded up on PFs that for sure. I'm not one who thinks it matters that much but i know some do.

What scares me most is if you look at the backcourt there isn't a lot of proven nba talent there. Only 2 guards on the whole team with any real nba experience. Uh Oh.

Yea I saw that at the G positions. Looking at it on the surface it is a funny (and scary not in a good way) chart. It will make for a year to remember one way or the other though...lol.

Depth chartDoes this mean, "These players can not / must not play any other position?"That's a silly question, isn't it.Posters and sports writers think they know. It just doesn't prove anything. Budand his staff will decide who plays where, in what position.Our players may seem to be the wrong size and wrong talent wise for certainpositions. Maybe they are. JT probably won't play center a lot.Let's wait until the season opens before we panic too much.GO HAWKS!!

• Like 1

• Moderators

C'mon bud, you should know you can't build a franchise in one year. We literally started all over with a new GM, new coach, new players. I wish there was more patience on this board.

A lot of us who wanted to build through the draft view this patchwork roster as partly the result of a lack of patience. Different perspectives and all. (I do think supes is off the mark about missing the playoffs but we'll see).

I'm a half glass full guy, and I believe this roster is pretty good. Other than Dwight, where are the true centers??? The game has changed. It's not 1995. Are we champion caliber, absolutely not. But we're building, have cap space, and will make the playoffs like the last six years. I think Ferry is doing exactly what he envisioned.

• Like 1

Here is my problem. Horford doesn't want to play center. If we keep forcing him, we will lose him when he is a FA, since he will most likely look for a place where he can play PF. As for a true C...sure there aren't many old school true centers anymore, but throwing a PF in there and calling it good is like taking a Wide Receiver and having him play RB. Sure he will have some good moments, but he is still playing out of a comfortable position. I wanted us to build, I am glad we are, and I know it would not take one year. But all joking aside it has been a long time of rebuilding. Just settling for a playoff series or if we are lucky 2, isn't what I or I am sure any other fan wants. We want to root for our team in an ECF or Finals game. I am not saying I think we will be the worst team this year, but I am so tired of being a middle of the pack, not talked about, joke of a team.

I'm a half glass full guy, and I believe this roster is pretty good. Other than Dwight, where are the true centers??? The game has changed. It's not 1995. Are we champion caliber, absolutely not. But we're building, have cap space, and will make the playoffs like the last six years. I think Ferry is doing exactly what he envisioned.

AL wouldnt be a problem at center if he we didnt get killed on the boards whenever we played against good rebounding bigs.

Al Harrington just got waived. What about bringing him back? I'm thinking he will ask for too much $$ though.

He wants to play for a contender.