• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A player to consider

capstone21

True to be honest with you...the year he played in the bucks he stuck out on several of their games! And by stuck out I mean just good all around play. He looks to be a pretty decent player if put in the right situation.I would put him in the treva Ariza category...Ariza was a perfect fit for LA before he left but he should have seriously considered staying there. I think Douglas Roberts can do some damage if coached properly.

To add this would be an awesome pickup at this point. Here's an article on CDR and I know we talk about players with potential all the time on these boards but there are some things about CDR that sticks out BIG TIME!!! For example....Did you know?-Douglass Roberts once averaged 17.3 points a game for a month with the New Jersey Nets.-He was one of the last players cut in the Lakers' training camp last fall. After scoring as many as 49 points in one game during a brief stint in the Development League, he earned a call-up with the Dallas Mavericks but was waived after six games.-The 2009 season started with promise even though the Nets lost their first 17 games. Douglas-Roberts experienced a breakthrough, scoring in double figures in 20 of the team's first 28 games before he fell out of the rotation.All of that is in this article:http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jul/17/sports/la-sp-lakers-20130718I personally think CDR is way past the potential stage he has already shown us what he has and what he's about the guy needs another chance he's only 25. Plus we need a 6"7 Wing player badly. I would hope Ferry signs this guy. He looks like a spurs type player in my opinion and sounds like one.

• Premium Member

DF hopefully will bring a SG before the season starts. He seems to have loaded up on bigs. So the 2 guard and 3 needs to be addressed. Carroll is a disappointing signing to me, but he is a bench player anyway.

DF hopefully will bring a SG before the season starts. He seems to have loaded up on bigs. So the 2 guard and 3 needs to be addressed. Carroll is a disappointing signing to me, but he is a bench player anyway.

May I ask why do you consider Carroll a bad signing?

Honestly he should be starting.----------->

Edited by JTB

• Premium Member

Newly intrigued by ex-Hornet ex-Jayhawk 22 year-old Xavier Henry...

Draft Express projected him best-case as a James Posey, worst-case as a Martell Webster. Per the video, he considers Joe Johnson as someone he likes to emulate. His defense and his shooting were highly-regarded coming out of college.

That he's as young as he is--he'd only now be coming out of Kansas had he stuck around--and given that he's been somewhat held back by injury, seems a viable development kind-of player who could mature into someone worth having for the long term.

Edited by sturt

• Premium Member

May I ask why do you consider Carroll a bad signing? Honestly he should be starting.----------->

He is a bench payer that just doesnt have the offense to be a solid contributor. Can't shoot or doesn't have passing ability, he does have hustle and will play defense. He is a 9-10 off the bench on a decent team.