• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Roster/Depth Chart

I am surprised to see Antić in the LineUp of the second team, i would have espected Ayón there. The first team, looks like the strongest possible lineup right now, even when i don't expect that we see this lineup often since we need Korver to play SF too.This should be James Johnson.

Edited by CrazyEye

I'm not too surprised. Brand is probably a better back up 5 than 4 right now and since Antić is a 4-5 compared to Ayón's 5. This makes sense.I'm gonna be surprised to see Carroll actually starting despite the "1st Unit" designation here. I still think we'll see Jenkins get some run at 2 and Korver at 3 as camp moves along.

• Like 1

• Admin

I'm not too surprised. Brand is probably a better back up 5 than 4 right now and since Antić is a 4-5 compared to Ayón's 5. This makes sense.I'm gonna be surprised to see Carroll actually starting despite the "1st Unit" designation here. I still think we'll see Jenkins get some run at 2 and Korver at 3 as camp moves along.

Jenkins and Korver are the same type of player....having a player like Carroll who hustles/defends makes more sense start

I am surprised Ayón isn't the backup center too...Its only the first day

Ayón might be the 3rd string C, but Horford will probably slide over to the 4 quite a bit so I'd wager Ayón gets more PT than Antić, for example. Hopefully Scott can play a little 3 because I doubt he sees the floor much otherwise.

But Brand can play also the four, imho it is even his better position. Even when i expect Brand to get plenty of minutes as 4 and 5 this season - making it mostly a three big men rotation.

But Brand can play also the four, imho it is even his better position. Even when i expect Brand to get plenty of minutes as 4 and 5 this season - making it mostly a three big men rotation.

The big man rotation is going to come down to how good Ayón really is. If he is a starting caliber center and a sleeper in the same sense Asik was last season, Brand and Ayón may be getting about 20 minutes each.

In a nutshell: some combination of Ivan, Scott, Tolliver, and Zaza's minutes go to Brand and Ayón.

Edited by Buzzard

hope dennis can be our official 2nd point guard and get consistent mins. Looking at our roster now there is no excuse for him not to. I hope bud doesnt do anything stupid like putting jenkins at point guard.

I am not going to read to much in to this first day. Ayón has been playing International ball all summer. He should be in game shape and coach may just be giving him a much needed rest.

Need Carroll's good defense next to Korver's not so good defense.

Last season we were the Atlanta Nets, this year, the Atlanta Jazz.

uuuuh...No.

Kyle is 3 years removed from the Jazz, his previous team being Chicago before Atlanta. DMC and Kyle were never teammates on the Jazz.

I guess we also have the Brooklyn Celtics? (KG/Pierce/Terry) and the Boston Nets? (Brooks/Humphreys/Wallace/Bogans)