• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks to name team Captains Soon.

Diesel

Who Should be Team Captain?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

You would think a guy with Seniority and a nickname Bawse would be automatically plugged in as team Captain... but not so fast my friend.... Budenholzer said a decision on naming team captains is "down the line."

So who should the Team Captain be?

Could this mean that some of the guys we suspect should be captain is not up for the task? Might be getting traded? Has not impressed the new coach?

Personally I want horford and another professional vet like korver to be captains. I dont want teague to be a team captain cause he doesnt have leadership qualities.

I hate the notion of the team captain tag automatically going to the "best players". I didnt like how jbrick was a team captain last year when he was probably one of the most cancerous players on the team.

• Premium Member

The captain label is a chance to impart leadership to somebody. I would have co-captains of Horf and Teague. Horf because he's the most vet player that we have even though it's a new system and new team. Teague because he's the starting PG. You always want leadership from the starting PG. I think of the Captains C as an investment and not a reward.

I voted Horford, Korver, millsap and Teague. I know there aren't usually 4 captains but all those guys are key. I guess if I had to choose 2 it would be Horford and Teague. Horford because he's our best player and emotional leader and Teague just to let him know that he's our on court leader is the point guard. Let him know that he needs to leadby example by naming him a captain. Millsap and Korver are consummate pros I'm not worried about those 2 at all.

• Premium Member

I don't see why a team needs to have a captain. If no one emerges as a leader, then no reason to put a C on someone's jersey. I also don't have a problem with the captain being someone who does not play much.

There always needs to be that guy who can represent the team to the coach, who can diffuse situations on the floor, who has some say in how plays are drawn up. That's why I believe that you always instill leadership in your starting PG. If you dont have a PG who the guys will follow, then you don't have a team.

Should be only horford and Teague. Those guys in my opinion should be highly depended on I'm ready to see what they can do.

Teague is a child and not a leader. Until he demonstrates that he can carry this team like he did vs. CHI in the playoffs he doesn't deserve a C. My bet is on Horford and Korver. Both work hard and lead by example. Horford deserves it since he has been with the Hawks for a bit and Korver is a savy veteran.

I voted Horford, Korver, millsap and Teague. I know there aren't usually 4 captains but all those guys are key. I guess if I had to choose 2 it would be Horford and Teague. Horford because he's our best player and emotional leader and Teague just to let him know that he's our on court leader is the point guard. Let him know that he needs to leadby example by naming him a captain. Millsap and Korver are consummate pros I'm not worried about those 2 at all.

Might as well vote Jenkins, Schröder, Brand....you only have 2 captains for a reasons. Too many captains creates the idea that the position is not valuable. Especially when 33% of your team are captains.

• Premium Member

Huh? So are you saying we need to find a captain for this team by trade? Or that we make someone on this team a captain because you *have* to have one?Only one of those makes sense to me. And clearly I am of the opinion that no one on this team is a leader/captain. I don't think we have had a captain since Bibby, and he just barely qualified for me. We probably have to go back to Smitty for our last captain. Frankly, I just don't see many captains in the NBA. That doesn't stop organizations from handing out Cs, they have other objectives in handing those out than to find a real leader/captain.

What?

What are you qualifications?

Might as well vote Jenkins, Schröder, Brand....you only have 2 captains for a reasons. Too many captains creates the idea that the position is not valuable. Especially when 33% of your team are captains.

Lol, who would be team captain in Brooklyn? Alot of options there....