• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN drops Hawks from 12 to 21 in Power Rankings

noble

http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings

I guess after the lackluster preseason they felt they grossly overrated the Hawks? Funny since the NBA.com website has us middle of the pack at 16. Do you agree? Disagree? About right?

I personally think it is close to where I thought we would be. I am not sure Toronto is better, but we will see.

Wow! Give us a few more weeks and we can drop to the bottomof the standings.Were we rated too high before? Are we now too low? How cananyone decide that we've changed THAT much when we haven'tplayed a single game that counted?

• Premium Member

Who cares about ESPN's rankings? They mean nothing. I will say this team doesn't look very good at all, preseason or not. Not only are they not very good, they also aren't very entertaining. I always try to stay positive about the Hawks, but I have to be honest with myself when it comes to expectations for this season. This is strictly a rebuilding year. Hey, at least this is a good year to rebuild with the draft being loaded with talent.

• Like 1

Hope the Hawks preseason loss column follow them to the regular season like what happened to the Falcons this year... One preseason win that was a last second floater by Dennis against the BOBCATS is turrible ( Charles Barkley voice ).

I don't care about these rankings. Bad preseason was expectable. New team, new coach and new system.

They will need some time to learn about each other and the system.

Let's have a look at power rankings after 20-30 regular season games...

• Moderators

(10) Atlanta — The Hawks, much like the Celtics, will take a major step backwards due to key offseason losses.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/blakelys-eastern-conference-preview?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

From the 'Celtics insider' but is he really equating the loss of Josh/Zaza/Harris to Pierce/Garnett/Terry? Yawn.