• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Need a Center

frankthetank966

You guys seem to forget that we aren't trying to win this year. We may not be trying to lose, but we absolutely aren't trying to win. Y'all need to temper expectations as we are 2-3 years from having a team who can compete.

Oh I agree. I definitely want a top 3 pick in this years draft. That being said I see no reason we shouldn't trade Horford to the highest bidder before the dead line this year. We've seen enough of Horford to know he's a solid player but he's not a guy that will carry a team.

Oh I agree. I definitely want a top 3 pick in this years draft. That being said I see no reason we shouldn't trade Horford to the highest bidder before the dead line this year. We've seen enough of Horford to know he's a solid player but he's not a guy that will carry a team.

We definitely aren't bad enough for a top 3 pick unless we get lucky in the lottery. I'd be open to trading Al if we got a nice combo of young player(s) and future picks(s).

We definitely aren't bad enough for a top 3 pick unless we get lucky in the lottery. I'd be open to trading Al if we got a nice combo of young player(s) and future picks(s).

Same that's the only way I see trading horford as a benefit

it would take a very nice offer for me to give up Horford. A lot. He's never been on a top NBA team. Put him on the Heat instead of Bosh and you'd see the double National Champion, who was the best player on the team. I'd trade him, nut it would bring in a top 3 pick or a top ten and a nice young player.If we trade, got to win the trade.

I still feel we made a wink wink deal to sign Millsap to two years to send him to Hou for Asik later in the season.

Huh? That's a reach. Do we control what Houston does with Asik? No. After Asik requested a trade what if Houston had traded him to another team? We would not have been able to trade Millsap at that time.

I also think that Houston are going to find out that Asik / Howard will work. They absolutely dominated the glass the other night and I would expect they'll be able to do that against anyone.

Yea their size and rebounding is absolutely devastating. Houston values asik greatly. I am one of the few people that doesnt think houston would be willing to trade asik for milsap. The only way I see them trading asik if its in a package for someone like lamarcus aldridge or kevin love. I dont think houston is a big of a fan of milsap as people want to believe.

• Like 1

I saw on hoopshype today that the Rockets are liking how Howard and Asik have played together in the big lineup and it would take a special trade to get Asik. Time will tell though

They've played exactly one game together....againt the BOBCATS....too soon to tell.

Houston wants to include Lin in any deal with Asik.

They've played exactly one game together....againt the BOBCATS....too soon to tell.

Houston wants to include Lin in any deal with Asik.

They won't be including him now that Beverly may be out. But we definitely won't be making a combo deal like that now so if we had to take both then Lin would be getting shipped someplace else.

Still though I hear from Rockets fans at work how the towers are working together really well in practice and developing great chemistry. I don't think that game against the Bobcats is a fluke, they're going to be a very nice tandem because Asik doesn't require the ball and that's what Dwight likes.

They won't be including him now that Beverly may be out. But we definitely won't be making a combo deal like that now so if we had to take both then Lin would be getting shipped someplace else.

Still though I hear from Rockets fans at work how the towers are working together really well in practice and developing great chemistry. I don't think that game against the Bobcats is a fluke, they're going to be a very nice tandem because Asik doesn't require the ball and that's what Dwight likes.

What happened to Beverly?

Offensively I guess but when teams go small and it forces one to the bench - most likely Asik.....he might become disgruntled again.

Time will tell.

What happened to Beverly?

Offensively I guess but when teams go small and it forces one to the bench - most likely Asik.....he might become disgruntled again.

Time will tell.

Good teams force the other team to adjust, not the other way around. And I think they've got more than enough talent to force teams to match their size rather than going small against them.

Beverley had some sort of rib injury and the last I heard his status was uncertain going forward. Probably not a big deal but you never know with injuries.

• Moderators

Posted Image

Sorry. It's Halloween. Just trying to scare you a little.

So, should we leave the door open for this guy? No, really... I mean, leave the door WIDE open? (cushion the jambs, too.)

At worst he could give his Bro-zilian over in Spain some sense of what NOT to do when he finally comes over.

~lw3

Posted Image

So, should we leave the door open for this guy? No, really... I mean, leave the door WIDE open? (cushion the jambs, too.)

At worst he could give his Bro-zilian over in Spain some sense of what NOT to do when he finally comes over.

~lw3

I still think the big fella can be a good bench big in the NBA. I've said since before he was drafted that he'd need to be developed for 2-3 years but that he'd be a good rebounder and positional defender. I'd sign him and get him immediately onto our D-League team and develop him. I saw him a lot at Syracuse and he's a difference maker out there but he's raw as he's only been playing basketball for like 5-6 years.

Posted Image

~lw3

OMG - who is that?

That was not a good thing to wake up too...lol.