Hawks Need a Center

frankthetank966

Last nights game was pretty exciting. Was a great game until the 4th with 5 minutes remaining. If the game proved anything, it is that Milsap and Horford are not powerful enough offensively or defensively. The Hawks lacked a low-post game and were out rebounded 42 to 33. If Ferry is serious about making this team legit this year, then he needs to get Asik or another big man. Milsap could potentially play SF or he would excel as a 6th man coming off the bench. What do y'all think?

Last nights game was pretty exciting. Was a great game until the 4th with 5 minutes remaining. If the game proved anything, it is that Milsap and Horford are not powerful enough offensively or defensively. The Hawks lacked a low-post game and were out rebounded 42 to 33. If Ferry is serious about making this team legit this year, then he needs to get Asik or another big man. Milsap could potentially play SF or he would excel as a 6th man coming off the bench. What do y'all think?

We definitely need some real size. We are way too small as a team.

• Moderators

Alright! While we definitely need some size Ayón will help off the bench. There again we lost this game by not defending the perimeter in any effective fashion. I'd be interested in rebounds by quarter because my guess is it was fairly even after the first quarter. But total lack of offensive rebounds on our part is disturbing. I hope Bud is a creative guy because just forcing in the spurs offense isn't going to work with this bunch.

Would probably take Milsap to land Asik...

And Teague, KK, DMC, Horf, and Asik would be vewwy intoowesting...

You don't think the Rockets would take a 2nd rounder or 1st? Maybe not since they want to compete this year. I'm not ready to deal Milsap.

Maybe we should trade Horford for Asik and change.

Sure. Get rid of one of the best young forwards in the game.

Alright! While we definitely need some size Ayón will help off the bench. There again we lost this game by not defending the perimeter in any effective fashion. I'd be interested in rebounds by quarter because my guess is it was fairly even after the first quarter. But total lack of offensive rebounds on our part is disturbing. I hope Bud is a creative guy because just forcing in the spurs offense isn't going to work with this bunch.

I keep forgetting Ayón BUT are we really looking to him to be THAT guy?I know he had a great Euro series but.......?I'm hopeful he will help though.

You don't think the Rockets would take a 2nd rounder or 1st? Maybe not since they want to compete this year. I'm not ready to deal Milsap.

Sure. Get rid of one of the best young forwards in the game.

Sorry, just frustration with Horford's game last night. I wish there was a way to keep Millsap and still get Asik. However, I don't know if he would be as effective off the bench.

Sorry, just frustration with Horford's game last night. I wish there was a way to keep Millsap and still get Asik. However, I don't know if he would be as effective off the bench.

We definitely need a consistent low post offensive game and Millsap is definitely better at it than Horford. Asik-Horford is a very low scoring frontcourt. When you have a low scoring backcourt i'm not sure if that works.

Edited by GameTime

My feelings on Horfords game is starting to sour a bit. He annoyed me all last year with his jab stepping (if u wanna call it that lol) and wanna be iverson step backs that never fall. If he isn't getting handed points by Smoove or Jeff he disapears. Millsap might end up being the more consistent performer. Lets see if Al steps it up though. He has alot more to prove than Jeff to me

We definitely need a consistent low post offensive game and Millsap is definitely better at it than Horford. Asik-Horford is a very low scoring frontcourt. When you have a low scoring backcourt i'm not sure if that works.

I rather have a lower scoring front court that can defend and rebound than a higher scoring frontcourt that cant guard anyone. You not going anywhere if you cant stop the other team from getting the easiest shot in basketball regardless if you can score or not.

Edited by yungsta

• Moderators

I keep forgetting Ayón BUT are we really looking to him to be THAT guy?I know he had a great Euro series but.......?I'm hopeful he will help though.

I'm just looking for him to be that guy when we have some tall stiff pulling in all the rebounds a la zaza or jason collins role in the past. I'm not expecting much out of him but hopefully he can give what Dalembert gave the Mavs. Some D rebounds and that's about it.

• Premium Member

I am open to trading Horford. On offense he has a very good midrange game, he is terrible in the paint. On defense he is weak, he will get the obvious rebounds but he is not what you call a "rebounder." We need a tough guy in the post for defense and rebounding.

I do not believe Horford is a star, either. He does have a decent midrange shot, but not much else. No post game, he can't dribble without looking at the ball, not much defense or rebounding. I know it is not a popular opinion around here, but i do not see a special player watching him.

• Like 2

Our lackluster off season should have been evidence enough that Ferry wasn't serious.

I do not believe Horford is a star, either. He does have a decent midrange shot, but not much else. No post game, he can't dribble without looking at the ball, not much defense or rebounding. I know it is not a popular opinion around here, but i do not see a special player watching him.

I think horford star potiential is pretty overrated on here too. He doesnt have the star skills. He isnt a guy who can consistently create his own shot, draw a double team, get to the line at a high rate, or is a playmaker.Horford has never been a dominate player. He is a guy that will consistently put up solid numbers and every once in a while he will have a hot shooting night. Those thinking he will break out and become a star in his 6th six season at age 28 are going to be disappointed. He is what he is.
  • Like 1

I'd do Millsap for Asik in a second. It would work well for both teams. Horford for Asik...haha no way, never. Asik is super underrated though that guy flat out balls.