• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Net Watch - Atlanta's Right To Swap 1st Round Picks With Brooklyn

coachx

I wish Deron Williams would go up for a rebound while battling Brook Lopez and spike Lopez directly in the knee with his foot then land squarely on Brook's foot causing Lopez a season ending knee injury and Deron a season ending broken ankle.See this owning the Nets pick thing has made me pure evil...:-(

Edited by nbasupes40retired
  • Like 2

I was totally oblivious to the fact Ferry got us that draft pick when I was looking at mock drafts and saw the Hawks slotted at pick 3 a few weeks back.

Even with Lopez out I don't see them that bad to be a top 5 worst team but having a 8th or 9th worst record still puts us in play to get enough lotto balls. Billy King is actually doing a better job than Sund did for us. We need to do our job and beat them the 3-4 times we play them.

• Premium Member

...that sucks for Brook. Hope he has a full & healthy recovery.

I am very conflicted right now...........................................................

On one hand....I don't want to celebrate an injury. :( I really don't. I hate hearing about players going down, especially very good players.

But on the other hand........

Posted Image

• Like 2

So sad for BLopez ...

BUT THAT'S FREAKING AMAZING NEWS FOR US!!!!!!!!!!!!

The chances of that pick swap being a big benefit to us just rocketed up!

And I don't want to jinx anything, but PP and KG are running around on some old legs, too. Never know when they'll get (re-)injured, which could be absolutely devastating for them.

BRKYN (pronounced "brik-in") still has a good shot at making the playoffs in a very weak Eastern Conference, but we can all hope they just lose and lose and lose some more.

I never wish for injury to any player so I hope he's not really out for the year. If he is that's a major blow and Lopez could be nearing the end of his career.

Well now I just feel like a d!ck :-( Again, this Nets thing has made me an evil person.

• Like 1

I am still not counting out the NewYork Knicks from getting back in the playoff race. Tyson Chandler will be back soon and maybe they can make a strong enough run to keep the Nets out. I don't trust chicago to be competitive, heck they may even make a trade at the deadline to make their team worse. We have to hope toronto, cleveland & Newyork keep the nets out of the playoffs.

The Nets are about to enter a brutal stretch in the schedule as well. I would be shocked if they win more than 3 of their next 10. Here's the next 10 opponents.

Indy, Chi, Milw, @ Indy, @ San An, @ OKC, Clev, ATL, GSW, Mia

I give them about a 5% chance of beating any of Indy, San an, OKC, Atl, GSW, Mia. I doubt they sweep Chi, Milw and Clev either. I'm going to predict they go 2-8 in their next 10 which will put them at 11-25 on the season.

I wouldn't be surprised if the team implodes after that stretch.

Edited by JETSET
  • Like 1