• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just based on how exciting the team is...haven't been this happy as a fan since Nique was here

Sothron

I feel a bit different. Even though this has been the best Hawks team I've ever seen (since 2005) I can't wait for this season to end. One reason why is that I can't wait to see Ferry's next move. This team has gotten significantly better since he's been here and I don't think he's done yet. Although it's a shot in the dark, the Nets may actually be tanking for us. Another reason why I can't wait for this season to end is that I know we can't realistically contend for anything unless the defense improves, which I think will have to come via trade. I don't know why but I'm more excited for next season than this one.

I agree. I love watching this team play and for the first time in a while, i think our future looks bright. Even this year we could surprise some people on the playoffs.This is kind of exactly what i hoped for after all of our off-season moves.

• Premium Member

I said in some of the preseason threads when people in national media and this site were really down on this team. I remember saying more than once that a team with THIS high basketball IQ should be really fun to watch because they will work the ball around for a high percentage shot no matter who the shooter is versus the God awful Woody-Drew iso iso and more iso we saw for years.

Oh really? Recognize any of the below?

Horrible decision unless the idea is to trade him later on. Teague is mediocre and not a natural point guard. We need to start our young guys and let them develop to see if its worth investing in them for the future. Having a mediocre Teague soaking up starting minutes plus wasting our cap on mediocre starters is horrible.

Treadmill be treadmill.

Posted Image

Ryaan, on 13 Jul 2013 - 6:09 PM, said:Posted Image

People moan at Ferry saying they are confused with the direction and disappointment at signing Teague, but what option was there? Not sign him then what, sign which point guard? Nobody decent is available, if anything he had to resign Teague and now maybe work a package to trade him elsewhere... Well that's my view...

We have a point guard. We drafted the kid and we should start him. Sign a dud like Mo Williams to a one year deal to have a "veteran" if need be. Now we are stuck with a mediocre point guard making 8 million a year for four years. Yay treadmill!

Posted Image

Hotlanta1981, on 13 Jul 2013 - 6:14 PM, said:Posted Image

Mo averaged 12/6 last year while shooting 38% in 3's. He is not a dud. Perfect transitional PG that can hold things down until Dennis is ready.

He's been given up on by every team that's had him. He can't stay healthy, he's not good, he's not even mediocre. But he'd make sense as a cheap veteran back up point guard. I'd much rather have him on a one year deal than a mediocre Teague making 8 million for four years.

terrell, on 13 Jul 2013 - 6:17 PM, said:Posted Image

Ill take Teague over Rubio, Holiday, Lawson, and Conley. Just wait............................Teague's gonna ball out, without Knuckehead out there in the way.

You are either trolling or you are Jeff Teague. No one that watches the NBA would take Teague over any of the people you listed.

Posted Image

RWF, on 13 Jul 2013 - 6:18 PM, said:Posted Image

I wonder if bringing Teague back was to make coach Bud's 1st year look ok by making the playoffs? Instead of grooming your draft pick into the starter year 1 (like all of the top PGs in the league was), and taking the hits of doing so, they just wanted to look good and not tank the season.

I have a feeling the A$G freaked out when Ferry told them he wanted to tank this year to get a lottery pick in the most loaded draft in a decade. Now we have the plan probably forced on him: make the playoffs and stay on the treadmill.

[*]RWF likes this

Posted Image

Wait and see....... Woody and LD slowed down his development. Those other giys had coaches that believed in em. Not to mention "He Whose Name Shall Not Be Mentioned" was his Team Captain. Youll eat your words in a couple of years.....

Please remember this thread and bring it back up at any point over the next few years. Baring injury Teague will never be as good as the players you mentioned let alone BETTER than them. Teague is mediocre. Period.

Hell, Conley was considered a BUST not long ago. PLEASE! Give Teague some time, just like you apparantely gave Conley. And I see nothing special in Holiday(didn't he just get shipped out of town). Rubio either. Fancy passes and a lot of bricks. And If Teague had players that could finish or hit their shots like Lawson has had he'd avg at least 10 assist a game. I can still see Zaza, Marvin, etc.. fumbling away an easy assist. smh

Conley at his worst is better than Teague. Holiday is the best young point guard in the NBA. I can't even believe you'd compare Teague to him. Rubio is an elite playmaker and defensive player, the only thing missing is his J which can be brought up. Lawson?? Wow.

You are either trolling or Teague's mama or something. Teague is average. Just that. Average = mediocre. I can think of at least fifteen point guards better than him in the NBA right now. Maybe 20 better.

If Teague could pass like Paul, be defensively as good as Rubio, score like Deron and rebound like Rondo he'd be...oh wait. He's none of that. Never will be. He's 25 already. He's peaked as a player. The dude is mediocre. His PER last year was 20th best out of point guards. Yawn.

Using this flawed thinking any player would be great if they just had this or that. Here's the problem: they don't. Jeff isn't going to magically become a 20/10 All NBA point guard because you want him to be.

Who is the real NBAsupes40retired? LOL!

• Like 4

Horrible decision unless the idea is to trade him later on. Teague is mediocre and not a natural point guard. We need to start our young guys and let them develop to see if its worth investing in them for the future. Having a mediocre Teague soaking up starting minutes plus wasting our cap on mediocre starters is horrible.

Treadmill be treadmill.

Posted Image

We have a point guard. We drafted the kid and we should start him. Sign a dud like Mo Williams to a one year deal to have a "veteran" if need be. Now we are stuck with a mediocre point guard making 8 million a year for four years. Yay treadmill!

Posted Image

He's been given up on by every team that's had him. He can't stay healthy, he's not good, he's not even mediocre. But he'd make sense as a cheap veteran back up point guard. I'd much rather have him on a one year deal than a mediocre Teague making 8 million for four years.

You are either trolling or you are Jeff Teague. No one that watches the NBA would take Teague over any of the people you listed.

Posted Image

I have a feeling the A$G freaked out when Ferry told them he wanted to tank this year to get a lottery pick in the most loaded draft in a decade. Now we have the plan probably forced on him: make the playoffs and stay on the treadmill.

[*]RWF likes this

Posted Image

Please remember this thread and bring it back up at any point over the next few years. Baring injury Teague will never be as good as the players you mentioned let alone BETTER than them. Teague is mediocre. Period.

Conley at his worst is better than Teague. Holiday is the best young point guard in the NBA. I can't even believe you'd compare Teague to him. Rubio is an elite playmaker and defensive player, the only thing missing is his J which can be brought up. Lawson?? Wow.

You are either trolling or Teague's mama or something. Teague is average. Just that. Average = mediocre. I can think of at least fifteen point guards better than him in the NBA right now. Maybe 20 better.

If Teague could pass like Paul, be defensively as good as Rubio, score like Deron and rebound like Rondo he'd be...oh wait. He's none of that. Never will be. He's 25 already. He's peaked as a player. The dude is mediocre. His PER last year was 20th best out of point guards. Yawn.

Using this flawed thinking any player would be great if they just had this or that. Here's the problem: they don't. Jeff isn't going to magically become a 20/10 All NBA point guard because you want him to be.

Not gon lie....couldn't tell if you were being serious or not?....and I'm being sarcastic!

If there's one thing Teague has prove so far is that he's not mediocre......that is all now pass that good stuff you smokin over here!

Treadmill be treadmill.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

[*]RWF likes this

Posted Image

hilarious!

Go Hawks!

I like this shift to smart hustle basketball also. Our four losses are by a total of 17pts. Any other of the last 8 seasons, at least two of them would have been by that much or more. They play smart and they play hard!

• Premium Member

Treadmill be treadmill.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

[*]RWF likes this

Posted Image

I stand by everything I said. If Teague for the rest of his career keeps this pace up then I'll gladly admit I was wrong about him but 9 games is not a career. I also don't see what the hell any of that has to do with my OP. News flash: I don't hate Teague. Never did. There's only ever been two Hawks I openly rooted to fail and they were JR Rider and Shellhead.

• Like 1

9 Games People - too early to crown Teague, too early to write off Dennis!

The guy acts like we can't value Jeff because we have been critical due to his play in the past. Even then, watching him play, he still hasn't developed into a true PG. He is a scoring guard who has improved his passing and BBIQ.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I would nerdgams if New Jersey continues to play like the worst team in the East and we get a top five pick this year. We will be in position to add another star to the mix (we already have to budding stars in Horf and Teague IMO) and have enough money to keep that three player core for at least the next five years. Not bad.

• Like 2

I said in some of the preseason threads when people in national media and this site were really down on this team. I remember saying more than once that a team with THIS high basketball IQ should be really fun to watch because they will work the ball around for a high percentage shot no matter who the shooter is versus the God awful Woody-Drew iso iso and more iso we saw for years.

So now after a few games has passed and I can confidently say just as a FAN, just as a former college point guard who has nerdgasms for extremely efficient play that I am f'ing LOVING this team this year. I know we aren't going to win a title and yes, it wouldn't shock me if some of these guys got traded at the deadline.

But until that happens? Lemme get some popcorn and enjoy this. No more Iso Joe and Iso Craw. No more Done Before His Time Bibby looking like a zombie from Walking Dead. No more CHUCK MCCHUCKERSON and his circus of ME ME ME shooting. Let me revel in pick and roll and watching Jeff play his ass off and show he CAN be a franchise point guard. Let me delight in watching Al and Paul play a small frontcourt on offense the way it SHOULD be played and marvel at the BLACK HOLE we suddenly don't have anymore at the PF spot. Let me chuckle at our entire team of international players who don't care about personal stats but who want to win.

This is the kind of team first basketball we haven't had since the Mookie/Smitty/Deke days but...and I'm gonna be blasphemous...I'm having more FUN watching THIS team than I ever did THAT team. Why? Because they space the floor better, everyone on team almost can actually hit threes or mid range jumpers and they do NOT care about personal stats. It is just fun to watch. Fun. What a novel concept in this Year of Atlanta Sports Misery that 2013 has been.

I feel sorry for you then because this team has no present and no future either.