• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

conference semifinals?

rd79

After the first weeks of 13/14 NBA basketball, I would say there is a real chance for a run into the conference semifinals this year.

I know that the season is still in the very beginning, but there are some points, which make me think about that

[*]good start for the hawks although there are new players, a new coach and a new system - I think there is still room for further development (Lou will have a bigger impact, team chemistry will (hopefully) grow, players will become more familiar with each other...) [*]New York teams both struggling at the moment [*]Chicago lost D. Rose for another season [*]Many Teams that could be a surprise, don't want to, cause they are in tanking mode

That's why I think home court advantage in the first playoff round is possible this year.

Still very early, but that's what I thought when I read about D. Rose's injury.

^good post, I think we're top 4 in the east and if the nets keep losing we'll get a lottery pick in this yrs draft(Posted ImagePosted Image) . we're still missing something to contend with the Heat and Pacers but we're not far away.

If we get the pick we should try to land Parker, Wiggins, Marcus Smart(James Harden 2.0 with better D), Dante Exum.

Making the 2nd round is very possible in this Eastern Conference but that's as good as it will get.

@Vol4ever, have you seen these Nets? They are awful with Lopez/D. Will and without them. They are too old, lack too much depth, and are too injury prone. They play bad Basketball as well.

I lol'ed at semi finals.Hate to burst your bubble but Pierce and Garnet will get the Nets going. I sure wish they wouldn't but these two are tough hard nosed competitors.

While I do think a final four in the East is a realistic expectation, I'm not holding my breath. But, I do I think the hawks will be in the mix in the playoffs and could scare some teams. Vol..... Pierce and and Garnett need to be sitting in a rocking chair knitting the glory days. They're toast. Kidd is a joke, JJ spent his prime making us relevant (thanks JJ) but he's done too. D will is fat and always hurt. Brooke Lopez is good, but he's not making them a three seed. I'd take horf over him in a heartbeat.

We may make the semifinals, simply, because the East sucks. But, it's all moot, because Miami and Indiana will be there in the end, and barring injuries, those two will fight it out to play for the title for the East.