• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- GAME 5

lethalweapon3

Just now, AtLaS said:

With Butler and Lowry out we should win. 

But I still feel like we lose b/c Miami has our offense completely clamped with a great gameplan, and we are on the road.  I really hope i am wrong.

It's more likely that we lose with Jimi being out.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is still a very lose-able game.

I hate that Jimmy is out. I hope we aren’t young and dumb tonight no pun intended. It won’t be from Trae. (Jinx reverse jinx).

Miami CULTure #mindgames #thuggery

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I think we need to seriously think about starting Delon Wright, if we want to play faster.  Bogi isn't a "push the ball up the floor" type of player.  Huerter and Hunter aren't really that either.

It makes me more mad that we didn't even try to develop Jalen Johnson, especially after Cam was traded.  The one guy who could run the fast break, rebound the basketball, and give us athleticism on the wing, wasn't even attempted to be developed this season.  Instead, we wasted minutes on limited impact guys like TLC.  All of these rookies making impacts in games, and our rookie can't even get spot minutes with the main squad.

Jalen's abillity to ge out and run and finish at the rim is exactly what we need in this series.  

Just makes it even more egregious that we had a guy in our own building and didn't recognize the talent ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e4719e3hgy0l2jhh51zse

#Baller-adoB*tches

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

They think they've got it won.  Resting him up for next round.   

Yeah, that came out of nowhere.  I think that's exactly what they're doing.

They're banking on their role players playing well at home, so that they don't need Jimmy.

They're used to playing . . . and winning without Jimmy.   15 - 10 without Jimmy in their lineup.

With Oladipo back, look for him to play 25+ minutes and possibly shoulder the load tonight.  Hawks must contain their shooters at all cost and don't let Herro and Robinson go off.

I was wondering why the line on this game dropped from +6.5 to +4.5 for the Hawks.

I'll take the Hawks  -3.5  ( +270 ) . . and Memphis -10.5  ( +170 ) . . . I haven't bet big in almost a year, so let's go big tonight.

$250 that both teams cover . . . to win $2,160

http://media.tumblr.com/d28f3a7c1aa9f4691b47c249bb236de2/tumblr_inline_mwbm2lH4lf1s2dvid.gif

I got an hour to change my mind though, and get my money back.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh good we’re going with the worst odds. That’s awesome it’s a jinx reverse jinx by the wardrobe team. 🥳😂 

Good nap 😴 Terrell? 😂 

Yep...Everyday..lol

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It makes me more mad that we didn't even try to develop Jalen Johnson, especially after Cam was traded.  The one guy who could run the fast break, rebound the basketball, and give us athleticism on the wing, wasn't even attempted to be developed this season.  Instead, we wasted minutes on limited impact guys like TLC.  All of these rookies making impacts in games, and our rookie can't even get spot minutes with the main squad.

Jalen's abillity to ge out and run and finish at the rim is exactly what we need in this series.  

+1 from me but do not mention it to @Diesel!!!

I really hope we come out with a little bit different of a game plan on offense tonight.  We've seen it time and time again with this Heat team -- they are a very good team, regardless if it's $40M/year Butler on the court or $2M/year Strus/Vincent.  I am looking forward to the game tonight as I feel we don't have nearly as much pressure on us to win this as Miami does to close out at home, as weird as that may sound.  What I want to see:

• Ball movement in genetal, possibly Trae moving more off ball (even if we only have 1 or 2 plays with him off ball, let's see more of it)
  • Hunter getting REBOUNDS.  He has to crash the boards for us to have a chance
  • Trae mixing up screen actions, reject some, split some, etc.  He has to stay aggressive
  • Nate use a timeout when Heat score more than 2 unanswered buckets
  • This one is a pipe dream but I'd love to see Kev attack the rim more and not settle for FT line jumpers.  He's not even bad when he attacks the rim, he just plays too damn scared.
  • Wright playing big minutes, dude makes winning plays
  • I want to see Capela get 20 boards tonight, need to win the rebounding battle
  • Win.

We don't have the magic from last year but a win tonight could spark something in the squad.  I'm not counting us out!!!!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I think we need to seriously think about starting Delon Wright, if we want to play faster.  Bogi isn't a "push the ball up the floor" type of player.  Huerter and Hunter aren't really that either.

Hell yes we should start Wright..

• Like 2