Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics -- GAME 5

lethalweapon3

I, too, suspect this will be the last game of the season.  I hope for that not to be true and will be watching and cheering in the first half (another ZOOM meeting, so my curse from the last time I bailed for a ZOOM meeting will mean the meltdown begins at 8:30 pm EDT).
Fingers crossed but eyes wide open.  
Go Hawks!

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Another Playoff Ending Gamethread is in store for the Squawk.

NOOOOOOOOO!!

2 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

I, too, suspect this will be the last game of the season.  I hope for that not to be true and will be watching and cheering in the first half (another ZOOM meeting, so my curse from the last time I bailed for a ZOOM meeting will mean the meltdown begins at 8:30 pm EDT).
Fingers crossed but eyes wide open.  
Go Hawks!

NOOOOOOOOO!!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What you gonna do fellas! Maybe we pull the okey doke and kill 'em in the paint.

Use that aggression against them.  Either get them in the air for a foul or drive for the paint.  Play smart. 

In all honesty, my fear for tonight is Boston will just play like Miami did last year when there wasn't any secondary playmaker on the court with Trae.  Trap him to get the ball out of his hands and then play 4-4.  Trae needs to walk the line being under control but also aggressive.  

• Like 3

I’ve seen much crazier things than the Hawks pulling this one out.  Celtics gotta have an off night from range and the bench gotta bounce back a little.  I expect the ball movement to be more varied and no bad passing lane steal gambles.  Get ‘em back to The Farm and tighten that sphincter a tad.  John has to actually breathe oxygen and pump blood in this one tho.

Hawks lost their last game and are 3-4 without DJ (not counting Game 82).  We all know what that means, but the Celtics have no idea how phenomenally mediocre the Hawks are.  That 4th loss is just looking for a winning mate.  She got on a yellow minidress and scarlet red lipstick with bleach blonde hair pulling up to the bar.  She ready.

If a win is too much to ask, for goodness sakes cover the ridiculous 13 point spread.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

When the Hawks win tonight, what happens to the Janet Jackson concert slated for The Farm that same evening?

I suppose we move to the home of the Skyhawks!!

With everyone thinking, "Woe is me" please remember when we went to the finals a couple of years ago Murray wasn't a Hawk so it's possible to win without him!  Play some defense and have our shots fall and we walk away to live another day.

LW3, if this is the final Hawk article until this fall, I look forward to your Dream coverage this summer.

Meanwhile, GO ATL HAWKS !!

:smug:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Another Playoff Ending Gamethread is in store for the Squawk.

HEWWWLLLL NAAAHHHH noooo!!! Keep it alive! WE WANT MORE! WE WANT MORE!

The Human Highlight Film had to miss Games 3 and 4 at The Highlight Factory due to illness

Whaaaat? :sad: Get well Legend!

And too easy for veteran-laden contenders to play them like a PS

4… lol.. and I had big trouble. 

organically

I’m jaded now as a human. Lol. Not that I wasn’t before..

obtuseness

@LongTimeFanfirst the shrinkage now the oop for this? @JayBirdHawk what did I do to him? :er:

you can’t spell ATL, without an AL!

NO HEWWWL NAAAHHH GET BACK HERE @lethalweapon3!!! 🤣 

Vegas has Celts -13

It was worse on 2K… Celts by double that! :sad:

A45BAEBD-487E-4CF1-B05B-9771D8073DBD.jpeg

C72E78CB-5243-4698-96C2-6A3B823E6555.jpeg

8B732D22-851E-439A-9B6B-05DBCFD925B7.jpeg

F3AADE7B-C487-4520-879A-7F3213ED4CAF.jpeg

7004D2AD-0E48-4A06-A3C8-AA6254560737.jpeg

54BE1CFA-A1D9-4A53-9ACF-B4ED378480FD.jpeg

6944790F-37EB-4BCB-8D2D-A638A9668F94.jpeg