• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics -- GAME 5

lethalweapon3

Just now, hawkman said:

I need to see a few more threes go down first, but he looks crisp early.

It's just his movement and quick decision making.  It's not about a few shots falling.  This is the Trae we got used to knowing before last year.

• Like 1

I knew DJs absence was no job stopper. Hell, there isn’t a player in the NBA whose team doesn’t find a couple advantages with them out for a game or two.  Maybe Jokic and that’s only because the Nuggets have absolutely nothing else at 5.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I knew DJs absence was no job stopper. Hell, there isn’t a player in the NBA whose team doesn’t find a couple advantages with them out for a game or two.  Maybe Jokic and that’s only because the Nuggets have absolutely nothing else at 5.

Let's hold judgement till we see how we do with Trae on the bench lol

• Thanks 1

The Hawks are not gonna do it but if I was the head coach,  next season I'm switching to the triangle offense and implementing pinch posts and Iverson cuts to my offense.  It gets the forwards and the two guard involved in a spacing offense that still incorporates elements of the pick and roll that Young likes. 

The reason is this offense makes everything soo hard.  There is no spacing and relies too much on precision shooting vs the offense I want which spaces the floor and makes the defense work to keep up with the flow of the offense.  Its a complicated offense but one that the Hawks have the players to run.  You wear out the opponent's defense and it takes energy out of the opponent's offense.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1