• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks -- GAME 6 (8:30 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

21 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

How does that mean that TS% is less valuable than eFG%? I guess that is the connection that is missing for me. Ben Simmons has a great eFG% and a much less impressive TS%. That differential is exploitable by smart teams in the playoffs (e.g. fouling on purpose to make the player earn the points on the line). 

It sounds like we are talking about 2 different things. I'm not talking about a player's ability to make free throws.  I'm talking about a player's ability to create free throw attempts in the playoffs.  Refs don't seem to want to call fouls most of the time. Certainly not as much as in the regular season.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Could people please stop quoting that idiot I put on ignore? He is just trolling you. Don't engage. 

Or if you do please don't quote him. I don't want to see any of his crap which is why he's on ignore. 

Thanks.

This is why I stopped using the ignore function lol unfortunately you just can't really get away from the back and forth

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Yikes to trading Young for Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson, Kyle Lowery and a first round draft pick?  You yourself said a few days ago and I agreed with you that no matter who you bring in, Trae Young wouldn't work as a tandem with him because of Trae's style of play.  Trae is a dominating the ball player who doesn't shoot as good as his attempts suggest.  Thats not gonna change.

The alternative is to trade him for players WHO ARE COACHABLE.  Two head coaches and a GM later should prove that Trae is not gonna change.  Miami runs a very complicated motion offense.  Don't let their season struggles confuse you.  When it counts, they are having the best offense in the post season in scoring average and field goal percentage and took out the number 1 seeded Milwaukee Bucks in the process.  Trading for those Miami players is NOT trading for the talent level of Trae Young.  You are trading for that motion offense.  Quin Synder is known for adapting to the strengths of his players.

The Hawks in a attempt to appease Young are gonna continue to run out that 5 man out or 4 out, 1 in offense that consists of rinky dinky two man games from the wing or pick and roll that depends on a defense that is totally not caring to succeed in the playoffs. Trading Young is saving your entire team.  The Hawks have a ton of talent. Its not that. Travis did a very good job in stacking talent.  The new GMs added Bey to a stacked roster.  Its not talent, its how its not being used correctly.  Add Herro, Duncan, Lowery and a draft pick to the current group and see how it would change.  This is just a example trade that takes them to the next level.

That was @NBASupes

I said Trae Murray wont work...

31 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I never said that awful trade in my life.

Not the trade.. The other part.. lol

19 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

No way anyone reasonable would advocate for that travesty of a trade.

Yeah that was trash return...

54 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

People wanna nit pick over iso ball and shot selection, but completely gloss over facts like this.  We were probably a lot more hamstrung than people realize.  Things bode well for next season when things like this won't be an issue. 

• Like 1