• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chad Ford suggests Millsap for Asik/Jones in chat today

Admin

I just find it amusing that the Rockets are apparently so high on Jones, yet the Asik-for a stretch 4-rumors still run rampant.

They already have their stretch 4 and he's on a rookie contract, you're not going to do much better than that.

At this point, if the Rockets want to get rid of Asik as badly as it seems, they're just going to have to take what they can get and be glad they don't have to shell out ~$15m next year for a backup C. They've completely lost the upper hand in potential trade talks and every other team in the league knows it.

Edited by WakaFlocka
  • Like 2

I just find it amusing that the Rockets are apparently so high on Jones, yet the Asik-for a stretch 4-rumors still run rampant. They already have their stretch 4 and he's on a rookie contract, you're not going to do much better than that. At this point, if the Rockets want to get rid of Asik as badly as it seems, they're just going to have to take what they can get and be glad they don't have to shell out ~$15m next year for a backup C. They've completely lost the upper hand in potential trade talks and every other team in the league knows it.

All that is true, but something still worries me about Morey doing well on yet another deal. He isn't nicknamed the Wizard for nothing.

• Premium Member

All that is true, but something still worries me about Morey doing well on yet another deal. He isn't nicknamed the Wizard for nothing.

I'd throw Horf for Asik/Chandler out at them to see if they'd bite then.

On another note... Morey has to win with broken pieces right now. D12 isn't working out as originally thought. The problem is that they do need a stretch 4. The price for Sap has gone up tremendously. Lin is in the backseat now and the money while a problem is not their issue. Their issue is winning. They can't do it as composed. They should have pushed us for JSmoove in the offseason. Now it's the worst case scenario. Jones is killing it. However, Jones and D12 and Asik are not a good mix at PF/C. And Sap is looking like an allstar here.

On another note... Morey has to win with broken pieces right now. D12 isn't working out as originally thought. The problem is that they do need a stretch 4. The price for Sap has gone up tremendously. Lin is in the backseat now and the money while a problem is not their issue. Their issue is winning. They can't do it as composed. They should have pushed us for JSmoove in the offseason. Now it's the worst case scenario. Jones is killing it. However, Jones and D12 and Asik are not a good mix at PF/C. And Sap is looking like an allstar here.

There is no chance that they would give up both Asik/Chandler for Sap. No chance.

I have about as good of a chance of getting some of this:

Posted Image

As trade does of going down.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

If Jones is so good and perfect for the Rockets, then why would they trade him?

They would trade him because they are trying to win a championship where they would have more faith and trust in a veteran like Sap.

I wouldn't do it for simple fact of Terrence Jones' emergence is only due to Howard drawing a ton of defensive attention. The kid has been somewhat ass cheeks since he got into the league. Poor man's Lamar Odom if you ask me.. I pass..

Post of the Year.

I'd throw Horf for Asik/Chandler out at them to see if they'd bite then. On another note... Morey has to win with broken pieces right now. D12 isn't working out as originally thought. The problem is that they do need a stretch 4. The price for Sap has gone up tremendously. Lin is in the backseat now and the money while a problem is not their issue. Their issue is winning. They can't do it as composed. They should have pushed us for JSmoove in the offseason. Now it's the worst case scenario. Jones is killing it. However, Jones and D12 and Asik are not a good mix at PF/C. And Sap is looking like an allstar here.

I would love to get Parsons but I doubt they move him. I'd really like to team Parsons up with Horford. Two really smart dudes.

I like Terrance Jones, long term, more then Chandler. I think Jones is the better all around player who can play multiple positions with a versitile skill set. I said that last year when TJ was riding the pine and not playing.

Jones can play some SF too. I bet he could defend SFs as well as Chandler does.

That $15 mill owed to Asik next year is a poison pill for ownership..........even if only 1/2 that counts towards the cap.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

I have no idea who Terrance Jones is. If he's solid and up and coming at the 4 and we also get the True 5 we always wanted, then I'm definately down.

You don't remember him from his 2 years at Kentucky ? Any one who watches college ball should be familiar with him.

I would not call him a pure PF. He can be a PF next to a guy like Howard. His not as broad as Milsap but is a better athlete with some upside. He can give you minutes as a 6'9'' SF too. He has the size to draw Lebron as his defensive assignment.

Houston has to give up a nuggett if they want to shead the $15 mill owed to Asik next year. (even if only 1/2 of that $15 mill counts against the cap)

• Like 1

• Moderators

Jones is a physically gifted player who tried to do too much as a freshman at UK. He returned to school rather than trying to jump into the lottery (which would have been a long-shot but he would more likely have been an early 20's guy) and showed much more restraint and maturity with his game his sophmore year. He isn't big enough to be a true PF in the Karl Malone/Charles Oakley sort of role but that is probably his best position in the pro's unless he is matched up against a very big SF. He is pretty athletic and has some skills.

For me, he is an attractive young piece and the bigger question is what Asik looks like as a Hawk.

• Premium Member

Jones is a physically gifted player who tried to do too much as a freshman at UK. He returned to school rather than trying to jump into the lottery (which would have been a long-shot but he would more likely have been an early 20's guy) and showed much more restraint and maturity with his game his sophmore year. He isn't big enough to be a true PF in the Karl Malone/Charles Oakley sort of role but that is probably his best position in the pro's unless he is matched up against a very big SF. He is pretty athletic and has some skills.

For me, he is an attractive young piece and the bigger question is what Asik looks like as a Hawk.

Asik and Houston has done a good job of crashing Asik's value. Great. I think Asik is a better athlete than believed and he's a good defensive player. I suspected that Asik could have replaced Smoove and we would not have missed anything that Smoove brother defensively. IN fact, we would have somebody who could stand toe to toe with bigs. I'm believing the rumor that Ford is putting out there. Jones is great but Houston needs to be in position to win it all. They need a PF who can activate Howard. Right now, Millsap is a high and Asik is a low. Jones is the bait for us.

• Admin

Asik and Houston has done a good job of crashing Asik's value. Great. I think Asik is a better athlete than believed and he's a good defensive player. I suspected that Asik could have replaced Smoove and we would not have missed anything that Smoove brother defensively. IN fact, we would have somebody who could stand toe to toe with bigs. I'm believing the rumor that Ford is putting out there. Jones is great but Houston needs to be in position to win it all. They need a PF who can activate Howard. Right now, Millsap is a high and Asik is a low. Jones is the bait for us.

and I think the way Jones is playing now and what Asik has shown he could do with playing time might be worth taking

• Like 2

• Admin

Yes, last year his defense was phenomenal in the post. He might get you just 10 - 11 points a game but its not his offense that he brings. Solid d, excellent rebounding and solid picks.

• Premium Member

I have to confess ignorance here, too... are you guys who are familiar with Jones suggesting he is a legit defender vs. LeBron?... or just that he might be?... to me, gaining someone who can somewhat neutralize James is probably more significant than someone who can neutralize Howard--that is, given that we found a lot of success in neutralizing Howard just using Pachulia and Collins.