• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - HEAT

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

It's quite simple. We had to be mistake free on our Q's and P's because any mistake hurt us and any lack of execution led to Lebron coming for our heads. We had no answer for him. He constantly attacked and he dominated. What helped was him settling for threes and Rio getting lit up by Jeff. Until we can get that one player who can go at Lebron, we will never have a shot. If we played them in the playoffs, we might win one game.

I don't know what game you were watching but the Hawks made more mistakes in this game than most other games ( turnovers, missed free throws and a lot of blown defensive assignments) and they over came those mistakes because of their ability to shoot. The Heat prepared specifically to stop our pick and roll and it worked in the 1st quarter but the Hawks adjusted. They even got contributions from unexpected players and we were still right there. And it took a phantom foul giving Ray Allen 3 free throw to tie the game in regulation to get them that victory. As far as us not being able to stop Lebron...You have to be kidding me right? You act like your big 4 has some person on their team that will magically shut down Lebron at will. News Flash!..He is the best player in the game today and maybe ever! So nobody can shut him down! But keep hating because its working to our advantage!

I don't know what game you were watching but the Hawks made more mistakes in this game than most other games ( turnovers, missed free throws and a lot of blown defensive assignments) and they over came those mistakes because of their ability to shoot.  The Heat prepared specifically to stop our pick and roll and it worked in the 1st quarter but the Hawks adjusted.  They even got contributions from unexpected players and we were still right there. And it took a phantom foul giving Ray Allen 3 free throw to tie the game in regulation to get them that victory.  As far as us not being able to stop Lebron...You have to be kidding me right? You act like your big 4 has some person on their team that will magically shut down Lebron at will.  News Flash!..He is the best player in the game today and maybe ever!  So nobody can shut him down! But keep hating because its working to our advantage!

As great a game this was for the Hawks, you have to remember that Wade wasn't playing today. I still think we would have a shot against them but the NBA/Crawford will have something to say about that.

• Moderators

Somebody down in SoFla is a believer.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/heat-blog/sfl-miami-heat-atlanta-hawks-s122513,0,2685698.story

Q: Are the Hawks the third-best team in the East? Jeff Teague, Al Horford, and Paul Millsap are definitely the third-best trio in the East, and Kyle Korver and the other guys can play and are well coached. Besides getting Game 7 vs. the Pacers at home, I also think going for that first seed is very worthwhile because the second seed will most likely get Atlanta in the second round. I'd definitely rather play Chicago, Brooklyn, Detroit etc. -- Jeremy, Hollywood.

A: I'm not sure the Heat or Pacers are running from the Hawks, but based on Atlanta's showing Monday at AmericanAirlines Arena and the Hawks' possibilities, I agree that they could be a quality playoff test. By comparison, the Pistons, who look like another potential No. 3 seed in the East, do not set up nearly as well with Brandon Jennings at point guard and Mo Cheeks as coach. Detroit, however, has already defeated both the Heat and Pacers this season. The irony, of course, is that Josh Smith left the Hawks for the Pistons in free agency, so the entire debate could come down to where you stand on Smith. Of course, for the Heat, it could come down to trying to duck Paul Millsap instead of the Hawks as a whole. If Millsap played every game against the Heat, he'd have a ticket punched to Springfield.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

I hear you on that - especially seeing that pop up at work - just uncomfortable.I may have to put Hots on my ignore list - that'll be a first for me adding ANYBODY (not even you Supes, lol) on ignore.

Hover your mouse over the signature there's an x in the right corner. That will disable his signature for you.

I don't know what game you were watching but the Hawks made more mistakes in this game than most other games ( turnovers, missed free throws and a lot of blown defensive assignments) and they over came those mistakes because of their ability to shoot.  The Heat prepared specifically to stop our pick and roll and it worked in the 1st quarter but the Hawks adjusted.  They even got contributions from unexpected players and we were still right there. And it took a phantom foul giving Ray Allen 3 free throw to tie the game in regulation to get them that victory.  As far as us not being able to stop Lebron...You have to be kidding me right? You act like your big 4 has some person on their team that will magically shut down Lebron at will.  News Flash!..He is the best player in the game today and maybe ever!  So nobody can shut him down! But keep hating because its working to our advantage!

Agreed like maybe two teams have a guy who can answer to Lebron. I mean c'mon man who had an answer to MJ Kobe bird or Magic?

And for the record, there are somethings I find to be positives but it always comes back to the team overcoming the hurdle of not having a player to build around. A lot of talented has passed through here the last 20 years..... Steve Smith, Deke, Laettner, Mookie, JT, Shareef, Theo, Big Dog, Jim Jackson, Toni Kukoc, JJ, Josh, Bibby, Crawford and others. We have seen 40-50 win seasons, but having a player that the team can actually build around is a sign things have actually changed. I was being unfair when I called Bud an average coach, but he was somewhat of a starting point. But until we draft or land that big player, I just see the team as just repeating history over and over again.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member

And for the record, there are somethings I find to be positives but it always comes back to the team overcoming the hurdle of not having a player to build around. A lot of talented has passed through here the last 20 years..... Steve Smith, Deke, Laettner, Mookie, JT, Shareef, Theo, Big Dog, Jim Jackson, Toni Kukoc, JJ, Josh, Bibby, Crawford and others. We have seen 40-50 win seasons, but having a player that the team can actually build around is a sign things have actually changed. I was being unfair when I called Bud an average coach, but he was somewhat of a starting point. But until we draft or land that big player, I just see the team as just repeating history over and over again.

Hopefully we'll have a chance at getting just that this draft :-)