• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Thunder

lethalweapon3

still the bottom line is they had a superstar; we played a great game went shot for shot with them & sht the ball like we were in our building.

THE VERY BRIGHT SPOTS: did you see the way mack set the tone early, i wish teague could do that, he started off by hitting wide open jumpers, sometimes thats all you need is a tone setter and the rest of your team will follow.

Schröder: oh my god,this is my first good look at him, until now i was saying trade him or can himm. now i know what people saw during the preseason, he looked like he belonged,shot the 3, hit his floaters and from the looks of it maybe a little more strong & efficient at it then jeff.after what i saw tonight i can see why people were saying he was already better than teague ( i thouhght they were experimenting with drugs when they said it) but tonight was an eye opener.

im changing my mind if we trade any guard dont trade mack or Schröder trade teague.

• Like 3

still the bottom line is they had a superstar; we played a great game went shot for shot with them & sht the ball like we were in our building. THE VERY BRIGHT SPOTS: did you see the way mack set the tone early, i wish teague could do that, he started off by hitting wide open jumpers, sometimes thats all you need is a tone setter and the rest of your team will follow.Schröder: oh my god,this is my first good look at him, until now i was saying trade him or can himm. now i know what people saw during the preseason, he looked like he belonged,shot the 3, hit his floaters and from the looks of it maybe a little more strong & efficient at it then jeff.after what i saw tonight i can see why people were saying he was already better than teague ( i thouhght they were experimenting with drugs when they said it) but tonight was an eye opener.im changing my mind if we trade any guard dont trade mack or Schröder trade teague.

welcome to the darkside muhahahaha!
  • Like 1

At least NBAtv showed about equal amount of highlights from both teams and mentioned the push off. They gave credit to Coach Bud about the defensive play that he drew up to try and stop KD, but like they said theres nothing you can really do when KD is on fire. Also said that inbound play was well drawn up and could have worked if the pass was a bit higher or something. At least the media is recognizing how great of a coach Bud is. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• Premium Member

still the bottom line is they had a superstar; we played a great game went shot for shot with them & sht the ball like we were in our building.

THE VERY BRIGHT SPOTS: did you see the way mack set the tone early, i wish teague could do that, he started off by hitting wide open jumpers, sometimes thats all you need is a tone setter and the rest of your team will follow.

Schröder: oh my god,this is my first good look at him, until now i was saying trade him or can himm. now i know what people saw during the preseason, he looked like he belonged,shot the 3, hit his floaters and from the looks of it maybe a little more strong & efficient at it then jeff.after what i saw tonight i can see why people were saying he was already better than teague ( i thouhght they were experimenting with drugs when they said it) but tonight was an eye opener.

im changing my mind if we trade any guard dont trade mack or Schröder trade teague.

Welcome to the Dennis fan club. Dues are paid in beer and in posting about wanting to see Dennis play more.

• Like 1

Also is it just me or did KD travel on that last play? Right when he caught the ball?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A travel then and offensive foul previous - ain't no justice in this world - sniff sniff!! Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

3 top teams in basketball taken down in the span of a week and half even with our injuries. That's what i wanted. NBA had other ideas. I guess we're getting too big for our britches. 3 refs 'missing' that call is a joke. We won that game. That was BS.

Coach Bud is an excellent coach. I was reluctant to give him props but he's a natural.

I was at the Indy game, and that sealed it for me. Everyone on their sideline looked befuddled like "is this the Hawks?". There's nothing more demoralizing to good defenses (Indy, Miami, OKC) than layups. We seem to get them whenever we need them, and 9 times out of ten Kyle is involved in the movement to get them. There was one play last night in particular where Kyle and Lou ran parallel off screens right through the paint, 3 seconds later, Mike Scott has a bunny. Diesel actually suggested Bud was the primary guy who designed what the Spurs do. I don't know about that, but he damn sure has it down. You don't just force a team like OKC to give up 11 more points than usual at home being a slouch.The refs have to be involved when we out-rebound our opponent and still lose. Bud realized you have to choke off KDs passing lanes, and we did that (5 assists, 4 TOs). Those dudes just picked a great night to shoot out of character from three. Lamb hit a prayer at the shot clock buzzer, Fisher was left open one too many times, same as Jackson. Durant got two off offensive rebounds, and there you go. That was the same performance that beat the Bucks by 25, could've beaten a quality team by 15, and should've beat the Thunder by 8.Bud is the man, though. The league will be in trouble when/ if we ever get some contending size, athleticism, and talent and after the league office is held hostage and forced to look at the hours of film of Sap getting hacked without calls. Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

I emailed ESPN about this. I told them I understand the NBA star treatment and that is what sales.............but I said I hope that your edit team will take a closer look and realize it should have been shown. I also said I am sure you don't want to get a call from David Stern.......

They have sent me a email saying they are reviewing my email and will respond...........I will post when I get it

• Like 3

A travel then and offensive foul previous - ain't no justice in this world - sniff sniff!!

The Hawks aren't going to get that call ever. It's a star driven league. We get a star on the Hawks and we get respect.

• Like 1

Im sick and tired of these star treatment refs..... cheating... cheaters... nba sucks because of this cheating... just call the right call stupid ref... coward refs so worried about their reputation ... you get respect more fans by calling a fair game. Ahhhrgggggg

• Like 2