• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I don't think I will ever forget THIS Hawks team

Brotha2ThaNite

• Premium Member

No your not alone. Everything you have said is true. I have been critical believing that DF could have made better moves, but what Buds has done is truly remarkable. You will play hard or you won't play for Buds. I think the team definitely needs more talent and hopefully that will come in the future, but there is no doubt this team brings it every game.

• Like 1

I must admit....watching this team is just a joy. No 'so-called' superstar, but a team that's willing to do what it takes to win. They execute the offense as they understand it and it makes for better team basketball. It seems that they all understand what they do best and don't try to be "the guy." That is Spurs basketball through and through. Bud deserves so much credit and IF this team has just one superstar or player of high elevation that wants to be a part of this....we will see the foundation of a championship team in a few years.

• Like 2

I agree they are not great and are mediocre but this definitely the 1st hawks team I can be proud of. I am in the tank crowd but its very hard for me to cheer against this team.

I know we didnt progress this year in terms of improving the team but culture wise the improvement has been major. These guys are just complete professionals. They compete every night, they play with heart and toughness, and play with smarts.

Looking back a few years ago is amazing how heartless and dysfunctional the team was.

• Like 1

Good things happen when you have a team full of team oriented players who are not full of themselves.

Smart, efficient, team oriented basketball. If the team can get a star to buy into playing this style, they will win a championship with this GM and this coach.

• Like 2

Naw, I love this little scrub squad too. I especially like the interchangeable Bigs off the PNR before Al and Pero went down anyway. We had like 5 who could catch, shoot, pass, or put it on the floor a couple times off the action. Even Old Man Brand knocking down free throw jumpers or rolling strong to the hole. With more individual scoring talent, Bud will adjust his style a bit and have the guys devote more energy and focus on the defensive end. He's got these poor guys dragging and screening for each other for 24 seconds to get a great shot for a random guy. People think we don't have a star, and he sure doesn't look it, but our coach definitely is. We're a Stephenson and and Embiid away from taking control of the conference for the next 7 years mane.

• Like 3

Ain't gon lie I predicted this team will play with nothing but heart EVERY game wheather they match the talent or not they give it their all.That's one thing thus season no hawks fan can argue about cause this team really tries! For that I credit bud and ferry respectively....they know how to assemble a team of fighters...that's got to be a good future sign!

• Like 3

I hate TANKING... all it does is build a culture like the Cavs. You just keep building the way Danny is going. I think he's going to land a big FA or hit it big with a draft pick. He's showing some light with Scott and Dennis. I know you might not think much of Dennis but i think he's going to come around. And look at all the FAs he brought in this year. None of us thought they would be this good.

• Premium Member

The sum is better than the parts, this team is fantastic to watch. I want them to win every night I'm totally anti-tank. Hawks have met my expectations so far for this season even while getting hit by injury bug bigtime. I did expect this team to fight and be professional because DMC and Sap are consummate professionals on the court. Pero is a humble guy who is always trying I get better.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When will we get our starrrr

The crazy thing is we could already have our star , he may just need some growing before stepping into the role. Edited by savwboy
  • Like 1

When will we get our starrrr

Ya know this post really made me think about some recent comments I made when I started that "if the hawks had one star then..." thread.And I think this thread backs up my point. The only reason I think a star would stay in Atlanta if we actually got one even if it's a one year rental, the ONLY reason I have so much faith in that star staying and extending his contract is because I trust ferry and bud to find fighting talent to put around him.Kevin love has talented players around him in Minnesota but they aren't fighters. This hawks team isn't the most talented but more than half of the team has a fighting, no quit, all out hustle and heart attitude! You can't teach that to players, they have to be born with it.So back to my point if ferry decided to trade all our players to bring that one star to Atlanta I truly believe he and bud can find similar players with heart and a fighters mentally to never quit and keep hustling no matter how bad the game is going.See billy knight didn't do that...he found the talent to go around Johnson but they were whimps. Ferry and bud seem to have the eye to find those zach randolph ( <----perfect example) type hustle/heart players.Therefore...Because I believe ferry and bud can put fighter/heart/hustle type players around a star and because I know mentality is more important than talent alone, I say do whatever and trade whoever to get that star player here. Eventually yes we will have to get stronger star talent to go along with him but dammit I'm bout damn sure a star will not bolt on a team that has no quit and that's mentally tough.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I do seem to be going through less Rolaids and beer this year.. Coinkydink? Maybe not..

This. I was so bummed when we lost because of playing flat and with no heart in the past. Even when we lose, it stings but I'm not sad like in the past knowing that if they played with heart they would have had a fighting chance in a game they got smoked by 30.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I hear you Brotha. With any luck, next years team may make you forget this years team.

As for a super-star, I keep thinking the Hawks have a good shot at Melo this summer. I know a lot of folks on this board don't like his "shelfish" style of play, but just think, what if he just hasn't found the right system yet?