• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do u want the Hawks in the playoffs?

Bonkers

Do u want the Hawks in the playoffs?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I still think, even with Ferries waffling, that we have a chance to slide into the top 10 pretty easy and possibly all the way to #6 or 7. DET, CLEV, NY will pass us, BOS maybe. I think at least one of SAC, UTAH, LAL, NO will also pass us. If this happens we'll be close to the sixth slot before the lottery.

We are tied for the worst record in the league over the last 10 games; No reason to think this trend won't continue.

I guess it's kind of sad, Ferry did "his best" to win and we're likely to finish with a top 10 pick anyway.

Was all for playoffs if it was as a 3rd seed making 2nd round, then building from there. With these injuries, and this draft class, no shame in losing every game going forward. Which is my hope. M-1 Abrams, baby!

• Like 2

@kg01:

Do you think we will drop down a lot in the ranking without changing the rotation? I mean if we miss the PO, while competing there are max 2-3 selecting betwen us and the last east team in the east ... If we ain't had a lot of luck in the lottery.

Edited by CrazyEye

• Premium Member

Such a bunch of silly people, thinking a single draft pick could send us instantly to contention. As far as I'm concerned, you guys (except CrazyEye of course) are no better than Kings, Cavs, Celtics or Magic fans.

It's all about building a winning culture, and you guys just want to tank. What about the lunchpail Hawks? The blue collar guys? What about our young head coach and our 'kids' Dennis, Bebe and Muscala? What about Mike Scott? You really want them to be used to losing?

Silly people.

Look at Indy. They have done their job, and they have done it right.

Edited by BrazilianHawk
  • Like 1

Such a bunch of silly people, thinking a single draft pick could send us instantly to contention. As far as I'm concerned, you guys (except CrazyEye of course) are no better than Kings, Cavs, Celtics or Magic fans.

It's all about building a winning culture, and you guys just want to tank. What about the lunchpail Hawks? The blue collar guys? What about our young head coach and our 'kids' Dennis, Bebe and Muscala? What about Mike Scott? You really want them to be used to losing?

Silly people.

Having a winning culture while losing is the single most pathetic thing that people do. When you find yourself in a bad situation you admit it, make changes and fight to get into a favorable situation.

Silly people.

I hope that the young guys are looking at Ferries moves and saying "wtf, give me the ball, I'm the future and I want to beat everyone" The only thing that creates a true winning culture is winning. The word poser comes to mind for those that think otherwise

Edited by tbhawksfan

That wasn't tanking.

If we lose competing, that's one thing. I don't mind this losing streak because we can't win with 7-8 healthy players. I can't remember Indy being in the lottery just on purpose.

Semantics really. They purposely tore down their contending team for expirings, picks and worse players that directly led to their current core. You could argue it was necessity due to the 'Malice' brawl but you can't argue that they eschewed a better team in favor of better PR.

You can also argue that wanting to lose and not making yourself good enough to win are just 2 sides of the same coin. You can say that you don't mind a team of 7-8 healthy players losing but recognize that Ferry wasn't exactly pulling a Sund either by moving assets in order to make this current team more competitive nor has he picked up reinforcements off the waiver wire. So what gives? All is forgiven as long as the guys play hard even when you know that the likelihood of them winning is minimal?

awful result in this poll, i can not understand that you don't want to have succes for your team and prefer cheering for loosing.

There are different ways to succeed. Some of us don't perceive limping into the playoffs and getting swept as success.

• Moderators

I am torn.

If I embrace tanking at this point, I get very angry at Ferry for not having tanked rationally from the beginning of the season.

I got over his decision to shoot for middle-of-the-pack // early-playoff-exit earlier this season and rooted for the team to win. Abandoning that just means I am resentful that we aren't among the highest loss teams in the league.

Rationally, I know there is nothing of significance this team is going to achieve but I knew that before the season so why start now when nothing has changed? (I don't buy that Ferry was delusional enough to think that this team was going to make the ECF before our injury issues.) Since Chicago keeps winning without Rose or Deng and that goes to their culture, I am going to stick with the rooting for wins and culture change now. I think the odds of that are better than use hitting 1-3 in the lottery.

Plus, I don't want to actively hate Ferry for waiting until it was too little, too late on this.

• Like 1

I'll keep rooting for them to win and maybe this bargain basement crowd can overperform and make the playoffs.The alternative is to watch them lose miserably thinking that salvation will come thru the draft and then will find out the ASG had Ferry trade our #1 for a 10 bucks and a carton of cigarettes <grin>.

• Premium Member

awful result in this poll, i can not understand that you don't want to have succes for your team and prefer cheering for loosing.

Ten years ago, people said the exact same thing. Then, just as now, there is no point to winning these games. Then, just as now, it's not about rooting for the team to lose. It's about getting the best draft position. Ten years from now, people will be cursing the decision to play for the 7/8 seed and a first round beating.

• Like 1

Ten years ago, people said the exact same thing. Then, just as now, there is no point to winning these games. Then, just as now, it's not about rooting for the team to lose. It's about getting the best draft position. Ten years from now, people will be cursing the decision to play for the 7/8 seed and a first round beating.

So 10 years ago, going for Josh Childress was the move for beeing a contender? And a 6th pick isn't really bad, and when i look at the top 10 pick there all those team was bad to medicore the following years. But beeing a Clippers or Bobcats fan, was for sure more entertaining, or not?

And also the Magic wasn't that much stronger then the Hawks, and they clearly got the best player there. I am not convinced that the 76ers get a powerhouse the next years, even when they tanked for two seasons.

Edited by CrazyEye

A losers mentality is to lose and like it. A winners mentality is to lose and change it. Middle of the road is losing. I also don't base my judgement of the Hawks on Ferry. He just arrived but the Hawks have been here, and mediocre, for a loooooong time. Ferry's job is to change that.

The ASG can hire a new coach and GM, but the standings say we're worse and that is all that counts.

As for the future, I see NO improvement (at least not the kind that makes us relevant) on the horizon.

• Premium Member

In order to become a champion, one needs to play in the playoffs. Therefore I'll always root for my team to make it.

Or I could root for my team to be horrible (to pick 1-4 for sure). Then root for the pingpong balls come our way. Then root for

- Embiid not to be Oden

- Wiggins not to be Childress or Yi

- Parker not to be Beasley

- Randle not to be Shelden Williams

You get the idea. I'm better rooting for wins.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

A losers mentality is to lose and like it. A winners mentality is to lose and change it. Middle of the road is losing. I also don't base my judgement of the Hawks on Ferry. He just arrived but the Hawks have been here, and mediocre, for a loooooong time. Ferry's job is to change that.

The ASG can hire a new coach and GM, but the standings say we're worse and that is all that counts.

As for the future, I see NO improvement (at least not the kind that makes us relevant) on the horizon.

What?

Being worse is the tankers' philosofy and now you say standings are all that count?

I smell some contradiction right there. Posted Image

Edited by BrazilianHawk