• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

In honor of our record "Basketeer" Kyle Korver

DS17Fanboy

Yep this was an awesome achievement and for Kyle I'm glad that it's over so that the pressure is off of him.

I agree. It was going to end at some point, and now he doesn't have to think about it during games, or whenever, and just play. Great achievement.

• Like 1

I'm bummed I wanted him to go the rest of the season. He also had a 2-3's per game streak going - 20 something games.

Of course a woman wouldn't be happy with it ending "too soon" in her opinion. When it's time, it's time! Posted Image

• Like 2

Of course a woman wouldn't be happy with it ending "too soon" in her opinion. When it's time, it's time! Posted Image

Well shiiiiiiit - trust me if a woman says it's too soon it's just too soon. I stand by that - lol.

He crushed the record so all props to him I'll just be mad that in true Hawks' fashion Steph Curry breaks Kyle's record halfway into the next season. Rather than going into retirement with that record in his hands he'd likely be sitting at that game right when it happens.......sigh.......STOP STEPH'S STREAK!.

I want Kyle to be sitting around in his 60s like the 72 Dolphins, popping champagne every time some player falls short of his feat.

Edited by MaceCase
  • Like 2

Bigtime congrats to Kyle on his streak. Heck, I'll still be pulling for him to make threes...streak or no streak!

(p.s....concerning: "in the Dutch language means "Basketeer". As in a man who makes baskets for a living",..I think in Dutch that is actually slang for somebody who is in the penitentiary (weaving baskets) Posted Image ...kinda like we would say over here "he's making license plates for a living now".)

From the way he came out in the 1st quarter, I thought that might be the game that the streak ended. And sure enough it happened.

Very impressive streak from Korver. What made it more impressive is that on most nights, he made a 3 in the 1st quarter. Very seldom did the threat of the streak ending go into the 4th quarter.

Ironically, when Dana Barros' 88 game streak ended, he was horrible as well. 2 - 12 FG . . . 0 - 9 3FG. Dana would go on to never even approach that streak ever again, with the best stretch only extending 20 games in a row.

Good job Kyle.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Guys, I've got to fess up. It's my fault. Last night was the first game I've just flat out intentionally missed since the steak started. Kyle was missing my mojo; I let him down, not to mention the team and the fans. Please accept my deepest apologies.

Way to go. Jerk. Posted Image

• Like 1

• Moderators

Ironically, when Dana Barros' 88 game streak ended, he was horrible as well. 2 - 12 FG . . . 0 - 9 3FG. Dana would go on to never even approach that streak ever again, with the best stretch only extending 20 games in a row.

Good job Kyle.

I don't think that it is ironic - you expect the streak to be busted on a particularly cold night from these guys. Definitely agree with the 'good job.' I hope the only person who challenges this streak in the next couple years is Kyle himself.

Get back on the horse and ride!

• Like 1

Big Ups to Ashton. Dead-eye shooting class act. If it's true when they say the shot is the last thing to go, Kyle has a lot more gas left in the tank. At his limited athleticism and advanced age, 21 year olds still have a hard time finding him in transition. I'll never get tired of coaches chewing those guys out after the ensuing timeout like "fool, we went over this in pre-game!" Nothing better than seeing Kyle find the opening and being able to bet your house that it's money before he even catches. It's pretty much the only thing that gets everyone in Phillips on their feet since Josh's early years of jumping out the gym.

Edited by benhillboy