• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official Rank the Tank Thread

NBASupes

Since the Brooklyn thread is basically pointless now, it's time to move to greener pastures. This thread will be one of the best threads in our history. This NBA 2014 NBA Draft is top heavy. In the NBA 2013 draft, it was balanced without much top level players. A couple stood out. The sugar of the 2013 draft was the middle of the 1st. You had guys like Kelly O, Giannis A, Dennis S, and others who made that to be the sweet spot of the draft. In 2014, the sweet spot is the 1-7 and mainly 1-10. 11-20 in 2014 is better players but with much lower ceilings. You don't have any potential All Stars around 11-20 as you did in 2013 but you do have much better players needless to say.

So let's do the greatest thread on Hawksquawk. Hey @Dolfan23, please sticky this thread.

Tank Lottery

Posted Image

1st seed: Milwaukee Bucks 12-49

Firmly tanking with the best of them, former Hawk coach Larry Drew has taken the Bucks to new heights. Having a great tank is amazing for the fanbase as their realgm base is loving it.

2nd seed: Philadelphia Sixers 15-46

If first you can't succeed, you trade everyone tank again. Their tank has become amazing. Realizing the East is horrible, they said f**k it, trade anyone of value who isn't in our future and let's tank greatly. They did just that.

3rd seed: Orlando Magic: 19-44

Never healthy it seems (wink wink) and they aren't very good but have good talent. Just too young and they are always hurt (wink wink)

4th seed: Los Angeles Lakers: 21-42

Leave it to the Lakers to tank in a top heavy draft. Bastards!

5th/6th seed: Boston Celtics/Utah Jazz: 21-41

Both teams are going all in for the tank. Problem is, they are playing their best players still. Something tells me Boston might go on a winning streak. Utah has a chance to win back to back games if they beat Philly and Atlanta.

7th seed: Sac Town 22-40

This team is really trying to win games. They seem to be a decent team since the Gay trade but that's not enough in the West. They should win games and get to 30-35 wins.

8th seed: New York Knicks 23-40

LOL

9th seed: Cleveland Cavs: 24-39

LOLZ

10th seed: Detroit Pistons: 24-38

Smoove and Jennings together, now you know the tank ain't in trouble.

11th seed: New Orleans 25-37, 12th seed: Nuggets 27-34, 13th: T'Wolves bad tank, 14th: Grizzles terrible tank

On the border of the tank:

Atlanta(US) great tank horribly used the tank quite late, Phx terrible tank, Dallas terrible tank.

We are probably one of the worst teams in the NBA but our tank is kinda sluggish but it's been one of the best tanks is ASB if not the best tank.

As for us:

Posted Image

We are currently:

Too far from Philly and Milwaukee.

8.5 games half behind Orlando

6.5 games half behind LAL

6 games behind Boston and Utah

5 games behind Sacramento who we could catch.

4.5 games behind NYK who we should catch and pass up.

3.5 games behind Cleveland is just terrible.

3 games behind Smoove and the gang.

2 games behind New Orleans who we should easily catch and pass up.

Go Hawks!!!

• Like 1

Update:

We are currently:

Too far from Philly and Milwaukee.

8.5 games half behind Orlando

6.5 games half behind LAL

6 games behind Boston

5 games behind Sacramento and Utah who we could catch.

4.5 games behind NYK who we should catch and pass up.

3.5 games behind Cleveland and NYK who we should catch and pass up.

3 games behind Smoove and the gang.

2 games behind New Orleans who we should easily catch and pass up.

Go Hawks!!!

I might be wrong on this one but I will get it right on the next update.

• Moderators

I think NYK are going to go on a run... If any one of the non-playoff Eastern teams catch us, it'll be NY. DET, CLE, and NY are all three desperate to get in the playoffs for really the same reason:

[*]NY - Major market with major issues. One of the higher salaried teams in the league, so missing the playoffs comes right out of Dolan's pockets. Owners don't like wasting money on underachieving products especially ones that are as poorly constructed and coached as the Knicks. Woody will be coaching for his job for the rest of the season and his old team will be pulling for him. [*]CLE - After bombing on Bynum and failing on Deng, Cleveland is now in full-on panic mode after firing their GM. Kyrie could very well leave them unless they start making some noise. Players don't like it when you waste their time with lackluster talent around them. Uncle Drew could decide he wants to play with Wes for real and need a neutral site to do so... :cough: Atlanta with Horf :cough cough: [*]DET - No GM in the league has a hotter seat than Joe Dumars. His days may already be done in Detroit, but as a last hurrah, Joe D needs for this debacle to make the playoffs. It doesn't take a calculator to know that this teams BBIQ is a few beers short of a six-pack. Hey, Oshua, could ya help your old team out and start winning games?

Out of the three teams, NY has the easiest schedule. Just gotta hope the clowns can win games.

• Like 1

I just notice something.

Stronger teams are getting stronger.

Weak teams are planning on getting major boost

and Middle teams are getting weaker but not too weak.

The middle is truly the worst place in nba Basketball.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

The middle is truly the worst place in nba Basketball.

I have been trying to tell people this for like 17 years. Unless you are a young and upcoming team or a contender retooling to get back to the top, then being in the middle is the worst place you can be.

• Like 1

The Pistons are just a terrible team, but they don't have their pick unless they fall into the bottom 8 and that just isn't happening, so they'll try to make their way to the playoffs. I think we could overtake them.

Cleveland has a brutal schedule coming up, but apparently they want to make the playoffs. We'll see on that front. They need a better coach badly.

NY will probably pass us. They're desperate to make the playoffs to save Melo and also because they don't have their pick. Those are our 3 challengers it seems.

• Premium Member

The Pistons are just a terrible team, but they don't have their pick unless they fall into the bottom 8 and that just isn't happening, so they'll try to make their way to the playoffs. I think we could overtake them. Cleveland has a brutal schedule coming up, but apparently they want to make the playoffs. We'll see on that front. They need a better coach badly. NY will probably pass us. They're desperate to make the playoffs to save Melo and also because they don't have their pick. Those are our 3 challengers it seems.

Let's hope one of them passes us, but I wouldn't bet on it. Btw, the Pistons lost to the Celtics today so add another loss to their column.

Let's hope one of them passes us, but I wouldn't bet on it. Btw, the Pistons lost to the Celtics today so add another loss to their column.

I'm thinking it's gotta be New York. Boy is that a scary thought. The Pistons are just an awful team and a terribly assembled roster. Cleveland has a bad coach but maybe they'll find a way to pass us.

On the plus side, New York's schedule is pretty soft for the rest of the year.

• Premium Member

I think the only team we can reasonably pray overtakes us for the right to be swept in the first round is the Knicks. Cle and Det are both so putrid I can't see them doing it. NYK tho has incentive to try and win and they may finally get their crap together enough do to it.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I think the only team we can reasonably pray overtakes us for the right to be swept in the first round is the Knicks. Cle and Det are both so putrid I can't see them doing it. NYK tho has incentive to try and win and they may finally get their crap together enough do to it.

That's what i'm thinking. They should be able to do it as long as we don't surge.

• Like 1