• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Danny Ferry needs to be fired

NBASupes

• Premium Member

Miami- Nuff said

Indy- Nuff said

Bulls- Nuff said

Toronto- Young players, potential AS in Demar and Val. Ross is a nice prospect. Lowry is one of the best PG's in the NBA.

Brooklyn- Brook out for the year and they are still much better.

Knicks- Simply because they have Phil and Melo. They could get Bron if he decided to opt in this year.

Charlotte- Much better future. Young players who play key mins in their early 20's and still are in the playoff race. Big Al has been a star for them.

Milwaukee- They have Gianaiss and a top 5 pick in this draft. Enuff said.

Philly- Two potential top 10 picks, MCW who could be one of the best PG's in the NBA and a solid player like Thad Young.

Orlando- Two potential top 10 picks, Oladipo could become a star and Vucci Mane and Harris can he good players with Affalo who is.

Washington- They have a two headed monsters in Wall and Beal. Gortat and Ariza round out a very nice squad. Wall has superstar potential.

Cleveland- As long as they have Kyrie, they are at least equal to us potenially even if they aren't close if Al is healthy.

12 teams.

Uhm...

lettme say this. While I agree with some of what you are saying..

You can have the Knicks, the Bucks, the Wizards, and Cleveland.

The other 8 are moving well. Especially intriguing is Philly. I like the young kids. However, they're going to add two more diaper dandies to the bunch and then Noel comes off injury. I really can see them trading one of those picks... and getting a good talent.

Miami- Nuff said

Indy- Nuff said

Bulls- Nuff said

Toronto- Young players, potential AS in Demar and Val. Ross is a nice prospect. Lowry is one of the best PG's in the NBA.

Brooklyn- Brook out for the year and they are still much better.

Knicks- Simply because they have Phil and Melo. They could get Bron if he decided to opt in this year.

Charlotte- Much better future. Young players who play key mins in their early 20's and still are in the playoff race. Big Al has been a star for them.

Milwaukee- They have Gianaiss and a top 5 pick in this draft. Enuff said.

Philly- Two potential top 10 picks, MCW who could be one of the best PG's in the NBA and a solid player like Thad Young.

Orlando- Two potential top 10 picks, Oladipo could become a star and Vucci Mane and Harris can he good players with Affalo who is.

Washington- They have a two headed monsters in Wall and Beal. Gortat and Ariza round out a very nice squad. Wall has superstar potential.

Cleveland- As long as they have Kyrie, they are at least equal to us potenially even if they aren't close if Al is healthy.

12 teams.

I'll concede the Heat are better, but how long will that last?

As good as the Pacers are, I expect them to lose Stephenson. They've got pretty bad contracts in West and Hill, not to mention George is due for a salary bump. I don't think we'll be far away from them next season.

How are the Bulls "nuff said"? They paid a max contract out to a player who may not be the same for the rest of the year. Before Horford went down, we were comfortably the 3 seed and still getting better.

Toronto is good, however is Derozan a player you can with. Looking into the crystal ball I don;t even see Derozsn staying once his contract is up (the Raptors will probably choose to move forward with Ross). Their future isn't better than ours. I wouldn't trade franchises with them.

Come on now, Brooklyn won't be better next year, they have no draft picks, nowhere to maneuver in free agency and their players aren't getting any younger- we're better than them in the present. Horford means more to this team than Lopez does to his. He is our offensive and defensive anchor (which is an indictment on Ferry more than anything else). Even though they lost Lopez, they still had more in terms of salary on the court than us (salary is one way I manage expectations for teams).

Knicks- If in 5 years Jackson can fix the mess that is the Knicks, I'll question the NBA as a legitimate enterprise. They won't be getting any better anytime soon.

Bobcats- I'm not sure who I'd want off that team besides Kemba and Al. They're a team who just plays with the opposite philosophy we do: attention on defense. I don't see how any of their core players will get significantly better though.

Washington- Wall and Beal won't get it done. Beal will be a great player, but not a transcendent one. They play great defense (5th best team last year IIRC) but now that they're out of the lottery will they make the next step into turning into contenders- probably not.

Cleveland- They suck and will continue to suck for a long time. They make too many moves out of desperation, yet they won't fix what's holding them back (Mike Brown).

I don't think you value coaching very highly. There's a reason I rate this franchise highly right now (probably too high though). I don't know about the rest of you, but I didn't see this kind of improvement from players in our previous regime. Sure players like Marvin and Josh are better now than they were when they were first drafted, but a lot of that development came from within I think. Those players weren't getting vitamins like they are now. Just about every player besides Lou and Teague are better than they were in the beginning of the season. We've got guys like Carroll and Scott who can be major contributors for us. You didn't see this improvement from our previous era. If the teams I pointed out had coaching and development like this, then I'd be more inclined to agree with you. But if the Sixers get Parker, who will help him improve his defense. If the Bucks get Wiggins who will help him improve his handles- Giannis? Note: I'm not saying these teams are drafting busts, but no player is the finished product. Some may players may bust, simply because they didn't get the help they needed.

• Premium Member

Easy, they aren't that talented. It's nothing exceptionial. They win because of the system, coaching, and work ethic. Look at other teams in the East. Most generally have more talent.

I said quantify. What you have presented is an opinion. I want you to back this opinion up with numbers. I want to see numbers that show that our team (with Horford) has below average talent. I want to see numbers that show that our team has above average talent and I want to know why these numbers are less meaningful than the numbers that show we have below average talent. I want you to be unbiased and thoughtful. Is this too much to ask?

I said quantify. What you have presented is an opinion. I want you to back this opinion up with numbers. I want to see numbers that show that our team (with Horford) has below average talent. I want to see numbers that show that our team has above average talent and I want to know why these numbers are less meaningful than the numbers that show we have below average talent. I want you to be unbiased and thoughtful. Is this too much to ask?

I don't know how one can 'quantify' talent objectively. The best you can do is to look at salary (exceptions taken for rookie talent) for which the Hawks are 5th least in the East.

I'll concede the Heat are better, but how long will that last?

As good as the Pacers are, I expect them to lose Stephenson. They've got pretty bad contracts in West and Hill, not to mention George is due for a salary bump. I don't think we'll be far away from them next season.

How are the Bulls "nuff said"? They paid a max contract out to a player who may not be the same for the rest of the year. Before Horford went down, we were comfortably the 3 seed and still getting better.

Toronto is good, however is Derozan a player you can with. Looking into the crystal ball I don;t even see Derozsn staying once his contract is up (the Raptors will probably choose to move forward with Ross). Their future isn't better than ours. I wouldn't trade franchises with them.

Come on now, Brooklyn won't be better next year, they have no draft picks, nowhere to maneuver in free agency and their players aren't getting any younger- we're better than them in the present. Horford means more to this team than Lopez does to his. He is our offensive and defensive anchor (which is an indictment on Ferry more than anything else). Even though they lost Lopez, they still had more in terms of salary on the court than us (salary is one way I manage expectations for teams).

Knicks- If in 5 years Jackson can fix the mess that is the Knicks, I'll question the NBA as a legitimate enterprise. They won't be getting any better anytime soon.

Bobcats- I'm not sure who I'd want off that team besides Kemba and Al. They're a team who just plays with the opposite philosophy we do: attention on defense. I don't see how any of their core players will get significantly better though.

Washington- Wall and Beal won't get it done. Beal will be a great player, but not a transcendent one. They play great defense (5th best team last year IIRC) but now that they're out of the lottery will they make the next step into turning into contenders- probably not.

Cleveland- They suck and will continue to suck for a long time. They make too many moves out of desperation, yet they won't fix what's holding them back (Mike Brown).

I don't think you value coaching very highly. There's a reason I rate this franchise highly right now (probably too high though). I don't know about the rest of you, but I didn't see this kind of improvement from players in our previous regime. Sure players like Marvin and Josh are better now than they were when they were first drafted, but a lot of that development came from within I think. Those players weren't getting vitamins like they are now. Just about every player besides Lou and Teague are better than they were in the beginning of the season. We've got guys like Carroll and Scott who can be major contributors for us. You didn't see this improvement from our previous era. If the teams I pointed out had coaching and development like this, then I'd be more inclined to agree with you. But if the Sixers get Parker, who will help him improve his defense. If the Bucks get Wiggins who will help him improve his handles- Giannis? Note: I'm not saying these teams are drafting busts, but no player is the finished product. Some may players may bust, simply because they didn't get the help they needed.

I value coaching but in the playoffs, talent beats coaching in the playoffs. You think Scotty Brooks is better than Coach Pop or Coach Spo is better than Coach Pop.Lenny Wilkins was one of the best coaches I've seen. He couldn't get us pass the Bulls much less the Hornets or Pistons. Talent>>>

I disagreed with your thread then and I disagree with it now.

Heat- Not sure and they are so much accomplished than us it's not worth my time to discuss.

Pacers- With or without Lance, they are still superior to us.

Bulls- Stop it, we were three games over .500 with Horf and we weren't comfortably doing shit. Shut that shit up. We weren't shit then. Our longest win streak this year is 2 games. The Bulls>>> US with a healthy Al. Didn't even mention we had one of the weakest schedules in the NBA at that point.

Toronto has a better future than us, I didn't say they could be contenders. Same for Washington.

Brooklyn is most definetly better than us now and the future. Not even questionable either. You seem to forget Lopez is one of the best +/- players in the league over the last three years.

Knicks- They have Melo and Phil. That's worth a lot more than the Hawks due to the fact that they now can bring impact players with Phil starting in 2015 meaning their future is much blighter. We already seen the Hawks with cap, they get generally nothing impactful. Deke and Joe being are best.

Bobcats- I like their future far more than ours. I like MKG potential much more than our starters potential. I like Zeller's potential more than Millsap. I like the way they built their squad. I like Kemba more than Jeff. I like that team like I liked the Grizzles before they starting winning. I think they can be a contender with a legit SG and more development of guys like MKG, Zeller, and Kemba.

Cavs- I really don't like this team but they have a lot of talent. A lot more than most Eastern teams even many I mentioned above. Maybe they can put it together, who knows. There issue is team based, they don't have a talent issue and true be told, they don't suck but they don't team ball a lot but have been much better since the Hawes trade.

I don't like the Hawks future. I don't like our now. I don't like this team at all. Not even a little bit. They play the right way... So what? Lenny's teams played the right way, was far more talented and still wasn't close to contending.

This team is ass. I hate them, I hate the f*** out of them. I don't want this team to win another game this year to avoid seeing this shit next year. Give me a potential superstar and I'll have more interest next year no matter what but this team here is in NBA hell.

Horford- Is a very good talent, in the right system/personnel could be a superstar. Not in the right system/personnel although this system is good for him, the personnel isn't.

Teague- Good talent, Average PG. Poor PG skills. Inconsistent. Would be much better with less responsiblity off of the bench. Bobby Jackson like.

Millsap- Good player, decent talent. Hard worker. Undersized of a PF and plays meh defense with the occassional block or dunk on.

The rest are role players, too raw, or boarderline NBA players.

The overall talent of this team is bottom 5-8. With teams like Philly, Milwaukee, Utah, LAL, Orlando, and Boston. We just have a good number of vets and very good coaching. Most of those teams lack coaching or vets or both.

• Premium Member

I don't know how one can 'quantify' talent objectively. The best you can do is to look at salary (exceptions taken for rookie talent) for which the Hawks are 5th least in the East.

Challenging but certainly doable. If you can quantify a single player's talent (or perhaps performance is a better word than talent), then you can do the same for a team (as a team is just a collection of players).

I value coaching but in the playoffs, talent beats coaching in the playoffs. You think Scotty Brooks is better than Coach Pop or Coach Spo is better than Coach Pop.Lenny Wilkins was one of the best coaches I've seen. He couldn't get us pass the Bulls much less the Hornets or Pistons. Talent>>>

Heat- Not sure and they are so much accomplished than us it's not worth my time to discuss.

Bulls- Stop it, we were three games over .500 with Horf and we weren't comfortably doing shit. Shut that shit up. We weren't shit then. Our longest win streak this year is 2 games. The Bulls>>> US with a healthy Al. Didn't even mention we had one of the weakest schedules in the NBA at that point.

Toronto has a better future than us, I didn't say they could be contenders. Same for Washington.

Brooklyn is most definetly better than us now and the future. Not even questionable either. You seem to forget Lopez is one of the best +/- players in the league over the last three years.

Knicks- They have Melo and Phil. That's worth a lot more than the Hawks due to the fact that they now can bring impact players with Phil starting in 2015 meaning their future is much blighter. We already seen the Hawks with cap, they get generally nothing impactful. Deke and Joe being are best.

Bobcats- I like their future far more than ours. I like MKG potential much more than our starters potential. I like Zeller's potential more than Millsap. I like the way they built their squad. I like Kemba more than Jeff. I like that team like I liked the Grizzles before they starting winning. I think they can be a contender with a legit SG and more development of guys like MKG, Zeller, and Kemba.

Cavs- I really don't like this team but they have a lot of talent. A lot more than most Eastern teams even many I mentioned above. Maybe they can put it together, who knows. There issue is team based, they don't have a talent issue and true be told, they don't suck but they don't team ball a lot but have been much better since the Hawes trade.

I don't like the Hawks future. I don't like our now. I don't like this team at all. Not even a little bit. They play the right way... So what? Lenny's teams played the right way, was far more talented and still wasn't close to contending.

This team is ass. I hate them, I hate the f*** out of them. I don't want this team to win another game this year to avoid seeing this shit next year. Give me a potential superstar and I'll have more interest next year no matter what but this team here is in NBA hell.

I don't understand. Please tell me, if us being 3 games over .500 is equal to us being shit, how is Chicago being 7 games over .500 and the Raptors being 10 games over .500 not also shit- by your definition?

You say talent, and I say watch the games. We're not winning anything, but neither is most of the East. There was no way we were winning a championship this season, and rebuilding wasn't going to make us contenders anytime soon. I understand you want this team to be in the mix for a championship, but that won't happen every year. This is a WEAK East. You're here mad at the Hawks while salivating at Giannis with the Bucks because he has potential. If Horford's healthy, we're the 3 seed, easy.

I don't understand. Please tell me, if us being 3 games over .500 is equal to us being shit, how is Chicago being 7 games over .500 and the Raptors being 10 games over .500 not also shit- by your definition?

You say talent, and I say watch the games. We're not winning anything, but neither is most of the East. There was no way we were winning a championship this season, and rebuilding wasn't going to make us contenders anytime soon. I understand you want this team to be in the mix for a championship, but that won't happen every year. This is a WEAK East. You're here mad at the Hawks while salivating at Giannis with the Bucks because he has potential. If Horford's healthy, we're the 3 seed, easy.

I am calling ducktales. This team would be 5th with Al right now. Chicago and Toronto ahead of us with healthy Al. This team wasn't good then either just like they are any good right now.

I watch the games. This team wasn't good then, they aren't any good right now. You say watch the games, I say watch other teams play aside from the Hawks because I don't think you watch any Basketball aside from the Hawks.

I like Milwaukee potential to have a better future far more than us. Giannis, Larry Sanders, and their draft pick in three years might rivals the early 2000's Bucks who made the ECF which of course is much better than the length these Hawks ever reached with Mad Dog, Sam Cassell and Ray Allen.

Some of you guys need to realize something, I HAVE never been a short term poster, I have always been a long term poster. I look into your now and your future. Now if I had a short term squad like the Heat, I would live in the moment and look at some of the moves we can make now and in the future to continue winning at an elite level.

I am calling ducktales. This team would be 5th with Al right now. Chicago and Toronto ahead of us with healthy Al. This team wasn't good then either just like they are any good right now.

I watch the games. This team wasn't good then, they aren't any good right now. You say watch the games, I say watch other teams play aside from the Hawks because I don't think you watch any Basketball aside from the Hawks.

I like Milwaukee potential to have a better future far more than us. Giannis, Larry Sanders, and their draft pick in three years might rivals the early 2000's Bucks who made the ECF which of course is much better than the length these Hawks ever reached with Mad Dog, Sam Cassell and Ray Allen.

Some of you guys need to realize something, I HAVE never been a short term poster, I have always been a long term poster. I look into your now and your future. Now if I had a short term squad like the Heat, I would live in the moment and look at some of the moves we can make now and in the future to continue winning at an elite level.

You're right, I don't watch many other games. I'm not even trying to accuse you being short-sighted or negative. You probably know more about basketball than I do. What i'm saying is that you're overvaluing at other teams while not even appreciating what's in front of you.

Do you really think the Hawks couldn't have improved as the season progressed? What makes this team trash, yet Brooklyn or Chicago are in a more enviable position? The reality is that there is little talent in the East and a lot of it is concentrated in the Heat/Pacers. I'd rather try to sneak into the playoffs than try to out tank those at the bottom.

• Premium Member

If your looking to the offseason for big things to happen then your going to be disappointed. Our players are middle of the pack and that is bad place to be in the NBA. We have a great coach. The problem DF has is no space and/or picks to make moves. A mid round pick and more of the same for next year.

We have below average overall talent with Horford on the squad.

We have no future outside of Dennis and maybe Bebe.

There are about 10-12 teams in the EAST in better positions for their future than the Hawks. We are a f***ing joke with no money once we sign our mid 1st, Bebe, and Mike Scott.

He's worse than Sund and BK. Sund was status quo while BK had a great vision with crap drafting.

Ferry has a style he wants to play in mind of the talent of the squad isn't close to where it needs to be. Not even slightly close.

Yep... And a 14-20 pick this year that will basically be WORTHLESS. Role players are worthless to this frachise. Players like Splitter and Green are nothing without Duncan in the long term so I don't want to hear about how that is how the Spurs do it.

After two years Ferry is going to have Schröder, Scott, BeBe and a 14th to 17th pick from this years draft to show for his effort so far. That is less than stellar.

THAT is what the fans are supposed to get excited about?

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I don't blame Supes for making this thread. There isn't a whole lot to be excited about going into the future. Just a whole bunch of first and second around exits.

Free agency isn't going to be exciting because we already know no big time free agents are coming here.

It's rare for a potentially elite player to fall to where Atlanta will pick in the upcoming draft so no point in getting excited about that.

Yes, they could try to trade for a "star" but who is going to want to deal with this team specifically? Teams like Boston and Phoenix would make much more sense due to the fact that they actually have draft picks. Rebuilding team covet draft picks. Unless the team is a playoff team that is interested in a guy like Korver or Horford, I can't imagine a trade making Atlanta a major player in the east

I'm just not seeing this bright future that some of you apparently do.

Edited by Zone
  • Like 3

This is just retarded. Hate the Fuc# out of them. Then why in the hell do you waste your time on THIS SITE? A Hawks fan site? Stupid....

• Like 3