• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A not so flattering picture of the Hawks crowd gets posted on Twitter

Plainview1981

Meh. Tuesday night game against a non-flashy team on a cold and rainy night. Pic taken during first few minutes of the game when everybody is either stuck in traffic or paying their tab at the bar. Also, that's a pic of the club section which is always a little sparse on weekdays.

• Like 1

Meh. Tuesday night game against a non-flashy team on a cold and rainy night. Pic taken during first few minutes of the game when everybody is either stuck in traffic or paying their tab at the bar. Also, that's a pic of the club section which is always a little sparse on weekdays.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Although I would have added that the blame shouldn't be just a fan issue. The NBA is like, a business man and the fans are customers and stuff.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Although I would have added that the blame shouldn't be just a fan issue. The NBA is like, a business man and the fans are customers and stuff.

Dude, that's what I was thinking too but forgot to write it down or whatever.

• Moderators

Its sad really. I mean I'm not seeing that kind of emptiness anywhere else we are playing. the friggin Bucks seem to have good crowds.

That said, the club section is just suck town. Most of those seats are probably sold to season ticket buyers who just sit on them.

Its sad really. I mean I'm not seeing that kind of emptiness anywhere else we are playing. the friggin Bucks seem to have good crowds.

That said, the club section is just suck town. Most of those seats are probably sold to season ticket buyers who just sit on them.

Yeah, no one else has these problems.

• Moderators

Yeah, no one else has these problems.

Yeah that's pretty bad. Although at least Detroit has the excuse that the city is bankrupt. I look at the bucks and raptors crowds and they seem pretty good. Oh Well Atlanta will show up if we become a contender.

Yes they did. The city never supported the pretenders. Never have, never will. Why is it that HS guys love these hard working losers.

Uhh no the old Hawks teams of the 80s had lots of awful crowds. Better than we have now but I went to plenty of empty games at The Omni. Hawks games have always had poor fan support in Atlanta.
  • Like 1

• Moderators

We could have Moses and Jesus and they still wouldn't support us!

Wrong. Moses' first year as a Hawk, 88-89, saw attendance spike to 15,714 a game. Not to be equaled again until 2006 when the owners started fabricating attendance figures. (one year in the GA dome as an exception).

So Moses did and probably could still make a difference.

http://basketballreference.com/teams/teamatt.htm?tm=atl&lg=N