• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jeff Teague Hate Thread ..... ACTIVATE !

TheNorthCydeRises

• Moderators

Teague had a horrible scoring night for sure. His teammates also looked horrible. But as bad as Teague may have been, when he came out of the game we got totally spanked. Frankly Bud's substitutions this game looked like a tank strategy. So hate on Teague all you want but he registered a +4 while Mack had a -16 and Lou a -24. I can live without seeing Mack/Lou/Scott/Brand/Muscola lineup again when the game is still close.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Thats a tank lineup if there ever was one. Its easy to tank with a lineup like that. I am beginning to think a heavy dose of Lou us our main tank strategy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Premium Member

Right about Jennings but just maybe wrong about Monta. However i am not sure Monta fit what Bud And Ferry envisioned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by turnermx
  • Like 1

Jeff Teague is who we thought he was..........and Danny let him off the hook! He she wallowing in muck mire that is the Bucks. Remember when everyone said just say no to Jennings and Monta? Hmmm....

Thank you Dennis Green. I still say no to Jennings and Monta. Monta is doing well because He is surrounded by Dirk, Marion, Calderon, Carter. If he was here he wouldn't be doing squat because defenses would be focused on him way more. Bottom line, we need more weapons.

It's too late to tank now... So...

No. Hawks lost, Knicks won, they're now only 2 games behind us for the 8th/final spot. With Horf, Gus, Jenk, and Korver out, it would be stupid not to chase that 9th spot and get into the lottery. Especially being so close to it at this juncture...

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Jeff Teague is who we thought he was..........and Danny let him off the hook! He she wallowing in muck mire that is the Bucks. Remember when everyone said just say no to Jennings and Monta? Hmmm....

He should have said no to all the above.

• Premium Member

No. Hawks lost, Knicks won, they're now only 2 games behind us for the 8th/final spot. With Horf, Gus, Jenk, and Korver out, it would be stupid not to chase that 9th spot and get into the lottery. Especially being so close to it at this juncture...

I don't believe the Hawks did or are tanking. They've lost games because they aren't that talented. If they are tanking, then they're stupid for waiting this late to do it when they knew from the beginning that they would be middle of the pack at best. Missing the playoffs now is looking doubtful especially when you look at the Knicks and their remaining schedule. So instead of the 10th pick or better, we'll be getting ready for the 15th pick in all likelyhood. At least the ASG will be happy.

• Moderators

I've been antitank all year but i have to agree at this point. I'm still pretty neutral but no one is playing well right now. Without Korver we are threatless. I don't know what's happened but Mack, Scott, Cartier, Dennis, Lou, Muscala have no business in a playoff game right now. Teague and Millsap have been struggling too. DMC has really been our best player the last month.

• Like 1

I think it just shows the importance of Horf and Korver. And especially how so many in Squawkland undervalue the impact Korver has, and just how much of a threat that he really is. The value of having the best sniper in the league in your lineup is taken for granted around here...

• Like 3

How teams now gameplan for us, the altered matchups on the floor, and the performance of Teague/Mack/Sap are all hugely affected by Korver not being in there. Kudos to DMC though, getting it done. Most surprising is defensive dropoff in the absence of Korver. Wish somebody could dig up that article early in the season about how KK has been mislabeled as a bad defender. Makes you go hmmmmm.

The problem here is people want to point out this one game. This one game isn't a huge deal to me. The big picture is how often these type of games occur for Teague. It doesn't always show up in the stat sheet but the fact is the guy just isn't aggressive some nights. If he had an 0 for 12 night but was slashing right, playing D, and looking motivated I'd be ok with it because the shots aren't always going to fall.

What irks me more is the nights Teague doesn't do well and he doesn't seem to care or be fazed by it at all. There are just a lot of ups and downs with this guys motivation and mindset and I can't seem to make any sense of it. I honestly never know what Teague to expect on a nightly basis.

At least with Josh Smith we knew he'd chuck up bad shots and complain most nights and on an occasional night he'd play within himself and look great so I set my expectations low with him. With Teague I set them higher because he has shown that at least half the time he can look like a top point gaurd in this league. He's just still on that fringe where when he does have bad games it doesn't sit well with me. Maybe I just need to lower my expectations at this point.......

• Like 2

I have a hard time rooting for the tanking to be honest. I wanted it before the season so we could have gotten a star. Rooting for it now is like being excited that you landed a date with Kirsten Dunst after you turned down a date with Kate Upton.

I find it interesting at the disconnect on both sides of this:

(a) I wanted to tank before the season and got over it by rooting for the team to win and now struggle to want to see them do anything but win.

(b) A lot of people who thought that it was impossible to tank with Al Horford and youth/junk think that tanking with Millsap, Teague, Korver, DMC, etc. is perfectly natural.

Tough to logically reconcile those positions on either side, I admit. My head says we should lose and get on with adding a player of value but I have a tough time letting go of wanting to validate the original "go for the second round" vision for this team.

I assume we are tanking, unless Bob Sura gets signed to a 10-day.

Dead serious, if I were Bud (and sometimes I forget I'm not) I'd throw a lineup of Shredder, Mack, Scott, Moose, and Pero on the floor every night from here on out. Run that lineup for 30 mins a night. Hope to lose every frikin game till the end. Don't hope for that 10th slot in the lottery, go TAKE it!

• Moderators

The league should keep stats on blown assist because I know Teague would be top 5 on this team of 2nd and 3rd stringers.

You think this team is one of the worst shooting teams in the league? Everytime he misses Korver on the wing he is missing one of the highest % opportunities in the entire league. This is not a team of bricklayers.

• Moderators

You think this team is one of the worst shooting teams in the league? Everytime he misses Korver on the wing he is missing one of the highest % opportunities in the entire league. This is not a team of bricklayers.

Wasn't a team of bricklayers. pre allstar game we were 8th in the league in FG%, post allstar we are 24.

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/teamstats/14/1/fgpct/18-1

• Moderators

Wasn't a team of bricklayers. pre allstar game we were 8th in the league in FG%, post allstar we are 24.

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/teamstats/14/1/fgpct/18-1

Pre-All-Star Game is 3/4 of the season so far. Teague's assist numbers accurately reflect his play. He isn't getting unusually hurt by bad shooting.

Atlanta is #11 overall and Teague has only played 19 post-all-star games compared to 49 pre-all-star so his numbers aren't being skewed badly.

Edited by AHF

• Moderators

Pre-All-Star Game is 3/4 of the season so far. Teague's assist numbers accurately reflect his play. He isn't getting unusually hurt by bad shooting.

Atlanta is #11 overall and Teague has only played 19 post-all-star games compared to 49 pre-all-star so his numbers aren't being skewed badly.

I'm not suggesting it's skewed his numbers (although maybe pbird is) but the point still is that for 19 games we've had a lot of guys play like total crap. While Teague was certainly bad last night, especially shooting, he was still getting the guys good passes who then were handing it off to the other team, throwing it in the crowd or generally laying bricks. we have not been a good shooting team of late and last night was an extreme example. Without looking it up i'd say that in addition to Teague's horrible shooting, Mack, Scott and Millsap have all been pretty crummy for the last two months.