• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jeff Teague Hate Thread ..... ACTIVATE !

TheNorthCydeRises

• Premium Member

Let's see...

20 minutes played:

0 points

0-5 from the field

0-2 from three point

0-0 no free throws drawn or attempted

There won't be anyone to defend him until his next decent game where the same two or three guys who disappear during his four out of five games show up to crow about his one game out of five.

Kyrie Irving and Ty Lawson both had 0 point games this season...

i6ja6o.jpg

Sh*t is still unacceptable... glad I didn't even bother watchin' the game tonight.

I didn't see the game either, was it really that bad? Box score doesn't really tell you everything.

• Like 1

• Moderators

There is no need to make another hate thread. His disappearing acts have been already addressed. This kind of game is nothing new to us.

This is uncharacteristically bad for Jeff but the disappearing act isn't. No need to get overly excited. Teague is an average PG who will look great some night, terrible some nights, and OK a lot of nights.

• Moderators

I have a hard time rooting for the tanking to be honest. I wanted it before the season so we could have gotten a star. Rooting for it now is like being excited that you landed a date with Kirsten Dunst after you turned down a date with Kate Upton.

I find it interesting at the disconnect on both sides of this:

(a) I wanted to tank before the season and got over it by rooting for the team to win and now struggle to want to see them do anything but win.

(b) A lot of people who thought that it was impossible to tank with Al Horford and youth/junk think that tanking with Millsap, Teague, Korver, DMC, etc. is perfectly natural.

Tough to logically reconcile those positions on either side, I admit. My head says we should lose and get on with adding a player of value but I have a tough time letting go of wanting to validate the original "go for the second round" vision for this team.

I was all for winning when we had Horford, and even afterward when it looked like Brooklyn was going to help us out. But we're not going to beat Miami or Indiana without our best player. Gotta make the adjustment. Kirsten Dunst is better than Rose O'Donnell. And it's not impossible to find Kate Upton at ~10.

Chris Paul went 0-for-12 tonight.

Can we try not to compare great players having an off night with one of Teague's typical no show games. Teague is what he is. A decent PG on a bad team who doesn't show up most nights and can't be counted on to win games on any kind of consistent basis. Once fans accept this then these games will stop surprising you. On most nights he's anywhere between terrible to average so I don't see the big deal. His rare nights are the ones where he looks like a top 15 PG.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I didn't see the game either, was it really that bad? Box score doesn't really tell you everything.

Oh, yes, it was!

Barely watchable. Or better it, only watchable by real diehard fans. I'm a calm person, but at the very first quarter I was already angry2.gif.

Then in the second... hysteric.gif

In the third...ireful1.gif

and finally in the fourth...shake_puter.gif

• Like 1

Why not just acknowledge that all players have off nights???

It's funny that you categorize it as an off night for one player and typical for another.

There's not one player in the league that hasn't had a few off nights.

Conversely Josh Smith has a few on nights.

• Like 2