• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Pacers

lethalweapon3

Heck, we lost the second half 65 - 52. That big cushion

surely did save our bacon.

Does anyone except me kinda think that maybe the Pacers

deliberately set out to get, and keep Millsap out of the game?

I thought he got slugged when he was injured and as soon as

he was able to return, he was kicked as a player jumped and,

from what I saw, deliberately landed the foot into Millsap.

Great game and a great win! How about if we make the playoffs,

somehow don't have to face the Bulls and just simply win it all.

I know. Impossible. But, I can dream, can't I?

GO HAWKS!!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Is that opponents' record at home versus the Hawks... or Taker's record at WrestleMania? Both were pretty shocking tonight.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

Wow....just wow. Ok back on the bandwagon to win. Lol. I've been back n forth about 20 times this season. GO HAWKS.

Ps Hope Sap's hand is ok. I know he played after the incident but it still scared me

• Moderators

"That boy ain't right..."

~hankhill

• Moderators

Is that opponents' record at home versus the Hawks... or Taker's record at WrestleMania? Both were pretty shocking tonight.

~lw3

• Like 1

~lw3

• Like 1

It's not an overreaction at all. The Pacers have been playing like garbage for a while now. It would have been a pleasure to get them in the semi-finals.

What about the rest of the teams in the East?

Here are their records since the All-Star break

- Brooklyn: 18 - 7

- Chicago: 18 - 7

- Toronto: 17 - 8

- Charlotte: 16 - 8

- Miami: 16 - 9

- Washington: 15 - 10

- Atlanta: 9 - 16

A lot of those teams benefited from their schedules softening. We wouldn't have been that fortunate. Our schedule has been pretty tough since New Year's Eve, with it softening a little just recently.

If we were in a matchup with Chicago or Brooklyn in the First Round, I don't know if we could beat them if we were healthy. Same goes for a matchup with Toronto. And any matchup with Miami will be a loss in just about every scenario, although we could possibly take a game or two from them.

So yeah, it's an overreaction. It's cool though.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

Maybe you misread what I posted. I didn't say the Hawks would make the ECF, I said the road to the ECF would be relatively easy. That's basically an indisputable fact. The East has been a mess from day one. If any new team is going to make a push into the ECF, this is the year to do it. Tonight's game was only the most recent example of the Pacers having some serious flaws and they're still in the running for the #1 seed. Washington is barely above .500, but they could beat Toronto and Indiana on their way to the ECF and I don't think anyone would be surprised. Brooklyn still has a negative point differential and they're looking like the strongest team in the conference right now.

So, no, it's not an overreaction.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I didn't see the game but it is interesting, as bhb said, that Lou and Dennis were stuck to the pine. It looks like Mack finally woke up again which is awesome. I'm guessing Mack and Teague played a lot at the same time?

Yep. A lot of combo Teague and Cartier. DMC dealt with foul trouble. Sap suffered a finger injury. Luckily, the whole Indy team was off, so it didn't matter. Closest it got in the second half was 16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't see the game but it is interesting, as bhb said, that Lou and Dennis were stuck to the pine. It looks like Mack finally woke up again which is awesome. I'm guessing Mack and Teague played a lot at the same time?

Lou was out with a strained hammy.