• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who is going to break out __________?

tbhawksfan

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I went with Pero as he has the coaching stuff's trust and has Euro experience. I'm not sure Dennis will get much PT.

Certainly any of the guys on the list could have a breakout performance, but i'll go with the big guy esp v. The smallish Heat (assuming the Heat do get the first seed)

Edited by frosgrim

With Kyle's struggles shooting and Bud going with Cartier for defensive purposes late lately, I think both Antić and Carrolle will ramp up the three point shooting in practice and be lights out. DeMarre's form is improving, I'd rather have him take the open three than Mack. Bosh is soft as cotton candy, Antić can muscle him some on the glass and give their defense fits from the outside because he's very intelligent with the fakes, drives, and kicks. Hibbert might not play 20 minutes versus us he's been so awful scoring and rebounding.

I'm sure Mike Scott who!? Mike Scott would have a much better series versus the Pacers. He could score easier versus the Pacers D and not be too much of a defensive liability because they don't have the pure scoring of Wade and Kang.

And don't sleep on Louis. He looked like he had a vendetta against the Heat last night. Coming out of his season-long slump would be right on time.

Edited by benhillboy

#5 Demarre Carroll is going to be the man in the playoffs. Besides for maybe Brand he is our best defender, he is physical, he creates steals and he is a 3 point and paint threat. I'm really impressed with what he has done this year.

We're shallow on guards. After our two starters I don't have much faith in Schröder or Mack, so look to Lou Williams to start getting a lot of play time after last night against the Heat. Lou does some stupid things sometimes, but he can play and maybe with some playing time he can settle in and give us some good minutes.

Pero Antić is not really physical as a center and so he doesn't match up well against most teams who can push him around, but he creates problems with the centers of the two teams we might face in the first round. Hibbert is big and physical under the boards but if he has to come out and defend Antić's three ball he is defensively useless and Bosh isn't physical either so he matches up pretty well against him.

But, if we're going to go deep into the first round of the playoffs and not get swept, it's going to be Teague. If he can slash and score and distribute the ball with very few turnovers we can make it a series.

• Like 1

#5 Demarre Carroll is going to be the man in the playoffs. Besides for maybe Brand he is our best defender, he is physical, he creates steals and he is a 3 point and paint threat. I'm really impressed with what he has done this year.

We're shallow on guards. After our two starters I don't have much faith in Schröder or Mack, so look to Lou Williams to start getting a lot of play time after last night against the Heat. Lou does some stupid things sometimes, but he can play and maybe with some playing time he can settle in and give us some good minutes.

Pero Antić is not really physical as a center and so he doesn't match up well against most teams who can push him around, but he creates problems with the centers of the two teams we might face in the first round. Hibbert is big and physical under the boards but if he has to come out and defend Antić's three ball he is defensively useless and Bosh isn't physical either so he matches up pretty well against him.

But, if we're going to go deep into the first round of the playoffs and not get swept, it's going to be Teague. If he can slash and score and distribute the ball with very few turnovers we can make it a series.

To our advantage, both the Pacers and Heat have bad point guards, so hopefully Teague is able to abuse those matchups.
  • Like 3

I anticipate the Heat or Pacers will play Teague alot differently in the playoffs. They'll be more physical with him on the pick and roll and they'll play off of him more to force him to hit perimeter shots.

They tried that, but when your guard isn't good enough to stay on front of him (when he's on) what can you do?

If Teague stays aggressive, hits his floater, we shoot well from 3 and rebound, we might be a team to watch out for.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I was just looking back at the "Spirit of '99" Knicks, who needed to go 4-2 just to get into the playoffs. Then, the #8-seed thumped the #1-seed HEAT, braised the #4-seed Hawks (beginning of the end for the Mutombo era), and outlasted the #2-seed Pacers on their way to the Finals. Interesting to imagine that had they stayed out of the playoffs, and had they lucked out and won the top pick, Elton Brand might've started his NBA career at MSG.

The Knicks edged the Raptors (rookie Vince joining cousin T-Mac) by one game. The Raptors went to the lottery, picking at #12... and came up with 7'3" Aleksandar Radojevic. The Raptors, incidentally, traded Marcus Camby to the Knicks for Charles Oakley before the season started.

Camby (a #2 pick, but still a bench guy behind Ewing after this 3rd year) had his coming out party in that postseason run, proving he was more than just a shotblocker. We've got no Cambies to speak of, but a few breakout offensive performances from "Who is" Mike Scott could raise some eyebrows, especially given the offers he might receive this summer.

~lw3

• Like 1

• Premium Member

They tried that, but when your guard isn't good enough to stay on front of him (when he's on) what can you do?

If Teague stays aggressive, hits his floater, we shoot well from 3 and rebound, we might be a team to watch out for.

They haven't done it to the level they will in the playoffs.

• Moderators

If Pero can hit threes then it will totally change the game. That would be the Pacers worst nightmare in my opinion. Once HIbbert is away from the lane Teague will have access to the basket and Kyle, Demarre, and Scott should be open from three.

I expect Demarre to have a big series that will impress those who haven't watched this season but i can't imagine he's going to pull out performances that are significantly better than what we've been seeing.

• Like 1

If Pero can hit threes...

I don't think there's any "if" about it. Bud knows that the spacing and extension on Hibbert he creates is the foundation of our attack versus them, so he'll be locked in, probably shooting with Kyle in practice until his arms fall off. After that one-legged three he hit earlier this year in crunch time, Ive thought he's considerably better than his .331 clip from deep, the injury might've derailed him a bit. I think he has a Sam Perkins-like repotoire off the line, so I don't hate him like most three-point shooting Cs.

• Moderators

Teague is the guy with the most break-out potential for sure. If he can keep up his recent play through the playoffs and make it his default level of play, he will have broken out in a big way for both him and the team.

• Like 1

Ya if we want to win it'll gave to be everyone. Pero knocking in 3's, Demarre sticking on PG24 and Teague showing up ole childhood friend George Hill. We need a group effort. I love the way we are playing. It's the best TEAM basketball I've seen from the Hawks in quite a while.