• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Lance Stephenson Mega Thread

GameTime

This is why people will continue to think the NBA is rigged. PG complains about foul calls, LBJ gets 5 fouls. Indy 24 freethrow attempts- Mia 8?

I'm not arguing for one team or the other but this is just ridiculous!

These varying discrepancies of calls is BS and until it changes the NBA will ALWAYS have a credibility problem.

• Premium Member

This is why people will continue to think the NBA is rigged. PG complains about foul calls, LBJ gets 5 fouls. Indy 24 freethrow attempts- Mia 8?

I'm not arguing for one team or the other but this is just ridiculous!

These varying discrepancies of calls is BS and until it changes the NBA will ALWAYS have a credibility problem.

I was thinking the same thing. You work the refs and boy howdy does it make a difference. You don't see this in any other sport besides the NBA.

• Like 2

Lance is a head case...he is the new Ron Artest

Lance is just silly, and probably neglected as a child. Ron is truly crazy. Being from the largest public housing project in the nation didn't help him either. His problems required a psychiatrist, Lance just needs constant leadership that he respects.

I think Bird and West can get through to him. He also seems very receptive and respectful of Donnie Walsh when he goes to his little hole. Vogel to a lesser extent because he enables a lot of it. I think Bud could pull and push all his right buttons to maximize the positive effect of his "competitiveness" and minimize his foolishness. Ferry, Kyle, Ham, and Sap if still here, would also have some responsibility to keep him in line. I never saw Al as a disciplinarian or the type to check a teammate.

Edited by benhillboy

But Artest went on to win championships with the Lakers and even Kobe would tell you he was a great teammate. Not sayin this would be the case with Lance. But at some point we are going to have to take a chance. We aren't attracting top tier talent in free agency and I don't agree with gutting the team to trade for a superstar rental with hopes of resigning them at the end of their contract. We need to get talent in other ways. Taking a chance on a guy with his abilities wouldn't be the worst thing we could do, even if he's a head case. This would be assuming he would come at somewhat of a bargain considering that said chance. I'm torn because I'm not a fan of low character guys but his abilities do seem to fill a major need for us.

So did Rodman ... Lambeer ... Rick Fox ... they all won titles. Heck, even guys like John Starks, Matt Barnes, and ( gasp ) Zaza Pachulia were known irritants.

So did Rodman ... Lambeer ... Rick Fox ... they all won titles. Heck, even guys like John Starks, Matt Barnes, and ( gasp ) Zaza Pachulia were known irritants.

Irritants - yes - to the OTHER team - not their own teams. Their teammates loved them.

Irritants - yes - to the OTHER team - not their own teams. Their teammates loved them.

It's his teammates fault that they haven't embraced Lance and what he does. The Pacers are a good team, but they're mentally weak for the most part. Quick . . . who is the leader of the Pacers? And when you give that answer, do you think he's a good or strong leader?

• Like 2

It's his teammates fault that they haven't embraced Lance and what he does. ?

Huh? antics aside (blowing in the ear erc) how do you embrace a guy who goes away from the coach's game plan to get his own shots because he got snubbed for the ASG? To put himself before team to get his $$$? Those a greater issues than trying to be an irritant to the other team.

Huh? antics aside (blowing in the ear erc) how do you embrace a guy who goes away from the coach's game plan to get his own shots because he got snubbed for the ASG? To put himself before team to get his $$$? Those a greater issues than trying to be an irritant to the other team.

How do we know that he's going against the coaches game plan? I know it looks like he does his own thing but it wouldn't surprise me if Vogel didn't tell him to play like that when their offense is bogged down. If he played like that all the time and looked like he didn't give a damn what anyone thought of him (ahem Josh Smith) then I'd agree with you but I don't think Lance is that type of player.

The on court antics are ridiculous but I could probably have a laugh over them if he were a Hawk. Still not sure I could get past his off the court issues though.

How do we know that he's going against the coaches game plan? I know it looks like he does his own thing but it wouldn't surprise me if Vogel didn't tell him to play like that when their offense is bogged down. If he played like that all the time and looked like he didn't give a damn what anyone thought of him (ahem Josh Smith) then I'd agree with you but I don't think Lance is that type of player.

The on court antics are ridiculous but I could probably have a laugh over them if he were a Hawk. Still not sure I could get past his off the court issues though.

Read the articles I posted today about the Pacers struggles after the ASG - even Stevie could see something was up with the team. Edited by JayBirdHawk

This deserves it's own thread! I trust ferry and bud will take care of the defense issues but I wonder if these stand up guys are looking at lance or not regardless of off court problems.

1. Hawks have a defense problem not just around the goal but on the perimeter.

2. Like lance or not he's an elite defender.

3. Lance is an unrestricted 23 year old elite defender

Are character issues really that big of a concern to pass up an elite defensive talent like this?...I see why hawk fans would say no if woody or LD was still the head coach but coach bud can control this guys ego in opinion.

I'll pass on lance... He IMO is locker room cancer! We don't need his attitude around our great TEAM. Noticed the emphasize on team.

Plus I like most Hawks fans don't want to see our headlines being Lance Stephenson starts a fight with Mike Scott or another Hawks player for something stupid like he did with Turner...

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24536698/report-lance-stephenson-and-evan-turner-involved-in-practice-fight

• Like 1

Yep. Trying to be an irritant too much, but also producing at the same time.

11 points and 3 rebounds, while George, Hibbert, and Hill have 9 points TOTAL on 2 - 15 FG.

His teammates ( outside of West ) are mentally weak.

Lance is doing nothing worse than Dennis Rodman did when he was on the Bulls.

Lance is the new Hawes I guess. Gonna have a dozen Lance threads by the end of the week lol

@Dolfan23

Naw dolf it's just that there's and elite very young perimeter defender in free agency who is unrestricted and well worth 10m.

Just saying maybe ferry should really investigate in his so called off court issues and take a look at the guy...