• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Lance Stephenson Mega Thread

GameTime

For the right price I take Lance. I don't have a doubt in my mind if he doesn't conduct himself accordingly Bud and Ferry has no problems to give him a couple of DNPs.

He is a proven talent and id gamble on him for the right price. If you have a no non sense coach who is respected by the team you can get a player to act right.

Here ya go @Spud2Nique @JTB

Wow that's pretty disappointing! But I'm confused! Usually when a player does these things it get put put there. I hate what he did if he really did it but unfortunately this is sports and those guys always get away with things like this most recently Ray rice and Brandon Marshall in the NFL had similar situations...that doesn't make it right of course but I still say ferry and bud should look deeper into lances situations and then make a decision rather than just passing him up.

I understand @Dolfan23 how many can hate this dude based off those actions though....if they are all true.

I read somewhere that shaq use to rape women during his prime but paid them off to keep quite. I'm not so sure I'm going to pass a chance to sign an elite defender at 23 without getting ALL the facts first.

Some of you need to bookmark this thread, as I'm about to do. When Lance is somewhere else and flat out balling for that team, while we may STILL be looking for an athletic wing, remember this thread.

SMH .. scary GMs are going to pass on him, and he'll end up on the Lakers playing along side Kobe. Or worst, he'll end up in Charlotte, and make them a top 3 team.

I can see Lance doing well with the Lakers and Kobe keeping him on a short leash. But if he goes to Charlotte I guarantee you that he isn't making them a top 3 team in the east. No way in hell. Ill bookmark this thread too.

I can see Lance doing well with the Lakers and Kobe keeping him on a short leash. But if he goes to Charlotte I guarantee you that he isn't making them a top 3 team in the east. No way in hell. Ill bookmark this thread too.

Lol, yeah Kobe could keep him on a short leash on trips to Colorado together.

• Like 1

my guess is that the price is set at 8 mil per year.

That's what I initially thought it might be, but I think it'll be higher after looking at Indy's roster. George Hill is making 8 mil - I think Indy has to offer Lance more than him. I think some team will offer him more.

That's what I initially thought it might be, but I think it'll be higher after looking at Indy's roster. George Hill is making 8 mil - I think Indy has to offer Lance more than him. I think some team will offer him more.

Exactly.

If I'm Lance, and I see that Hill is making 8 million, that is my starting point, not my ceiling.

I'm not buying into this. I doubt DF would have any interest grabbing him. DF was high character guys. Lance doesn't fit that system.

There's nothing to buy into! If ferry does show interest believe me it will be shocking to most on this board.

I see things a bit different and I wonder if ferry should take a risk on lance but time will tell.

• Squawkers

NBA free agency is still a few weeks away but Grantland's Zach Lowe takes an early look at Lance Stephenson and what teams could target him when July rolls around. The entire article is an excellent breakdown of Stephenson who on one hand is a phenomenal player but also one that has plenty of red flags.

Lowe on the Hawks as potential suitors for Stephenson (and of course the reasons that they may pass):

I love DeMarre Carroll, but any team starting him has a need on the wing. Look at this starting lineup: Jeff Teague, Stephenson, Kyle Korver, Horford, Paul Millsap. Hell, you can start Pero Antić at center and bring Millsap off the bench. Anyone in the East dying to face that team in the playoffs?

Lowe lists three teams as the best possibilities for Stephenson. Michael Jordan is promising to make a splash this summer and Stephenson would be an interesting addition to that club. Lowe also lists the Detroit Pistons and Stephenson clearly help them on the wing but wow at the thought of dropping him in a locker room that already features Brandon Jennings and Josh Smith.

But Ferry comes from the Spurs tree, which means he prizes coachability and quiet workers. Mike Budenholzer is a shooting zealot, and Stephenson might not be a good enough marksman yet to pique his interest.

Far and away the Pacers still seem like the best possibility. Even though it appears there was a sizable rift in the locker room when the season ended the fact remains that their cap situation essentially prevents them from replacing Stephenson if he bolts.

Despite the warning signs, Stephenson will be a hot target this summer although his antics in the Eastern Conference Finals may have proven to cost him some money long term.

View the full article

Not hyped on him at all. Don't see a great fit. I agree with one thing, anyone with DMC as a starter needs a wing.

I like Lance's talent. I question his attitude like most do; and this article is spot on with current NBA chatter concerning Lance. Some team may take a flyer on him with a good offer and hope he fits in with their locker room.

• Like 1

I like Lance's talent. I question his attitude like most do; and this article is spot on with current NBA chatter concerning Lance. Some team may take a flyer on him with a good offer and hope he fits in with their locker room.

I question his fit on this team more than his attitude. His attitude is what it is. I think Indy or Charlotte would be perfect fits for him.

I question his fit on this team more than his attitude. His attitude is what it is. I think Indy or Charlotte would be perfect fits for him.

He is a good defender, rebounder, and distributor for a SG. To me that makes him a great fit. Our offense suffered with Horford out. Add Horford back in, Lance in for his defensive and rebounding presence, and that makes us a better team IMO.

I know he is not a offensive juggernaut; but the rest of his game is rock solid. I don't think he is worth 12 million a year; but 8 to 10 is what I see him getting. I don't think we offer him more than 9 a season; if we go after him at all.

The issue in this article is how Bud could coach and provide stability. There was a lot of talk about how the Pacer's coach lost the locker room. Stephenson needs mature players around him. I think that would make a difference along with Bud and his system. That would minimize the risk

• Like 4