• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Melo wants a ring, he'll come to the Atlanta Hawks

QuantumHawkz

• Premium Member

This is not a "Pipe dream", this very well could be a possibility. Why? It's simple, he's a perfect fit in buds system. Melo isn't getting any younger and the fact that he has been the iso king isn't doing his body any favors. So why not come to a team that shares the rock like we do. He would be more effective come playoffs cause he's not wearing out his body during the regular season...and he'll be more efficient. We have the cap to pay him what he's Worth. Tell me what other team in the league has a better supporting cast with cap space better then the Hawks? Can you picture a Horford, Millsap, Melo, Korver and Teague starting, with Lou,Scott,DMC,Mac and Antić off the bench? Not to mention Muscala,JJ and Nogueira, throw in our draft pick and this is a contender. I know Lou is going to come back with vengeance. It takes time to mentally recover from an knee injury,plus this will be his first full off season in bud's system. Like I said ,don't count him out yet. Why would he choose Atlanta? Cause his wife LaLa has ties in Atlanta. It just might happen.....well,it's more likely than the D12 and CP3 off season. Tell me what you all think........................Glad that my account finally is working agian,good to be back with the Squawkers.

Since when do we have max cap space? Since when is a ball dominant (by nature not due to system) player a perfect fit for a ball moment offense? I am Melo's biggest fan on this board but he's not coming to Atlanta, nor should he.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Since when do we have max cap space? Since when is a ball dominant (by nature not due to system) player a perfect fit for a ball moment offense? I am Melo's biggest fan on this board but he's not coming to Atlanta, nor should he.

Melo has an high BBIQ and the talent to fit into Bud's system. Plus our PnR game will be perfect for his attacking style of offense. You may be right about the cap space,but whatever Ferry said to Millsap and DMC to come here so cheap...he needs to say it to Melo.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Well he looks to be fairly new...according to my math (10,800 - 78)...I have him by 10,722 posts lol.gif

(that's a lot of catching up to do)

Glad to be back.......I just don't post a lot,but been QuantumHawkz since 2011.

• Like 1

Glad to be back.......I just don't post a lot,but been QuantumHawkz since 2011.

That's cool...welcome back aboard. Personally...if we could get Melo I would jump for joy...I just don't see him as seeing our Atlanta Hawks as a desired landing spot. More likely he will go to Boston with Love and some other F/A...or L.A...or take less and go to MIA after they ditch some folks.

A guy like Melo doesn't (nor should he) have any interest in the Hawks rebuild.

• Premium Member
Carmelo Anthony: Superstar Should Seriously Consider Atlanta Hawks
May 4, 2014 8:46 pm EDT by Andrew Shaw gplus.png
CarmeloAnthony.jpg

Cary Edmondson-USA TODAY Sports

This might sound crazy, but Carmelo Anthony should seriously consider going to the Atlanta Hawks this offseason. The New York Knicks aren’t going anywhere any time soon even with Phil Jackson running the show. The old regime messed up so badly, it’s going to be a long road before the Knicks become relevant again. This means Anthony has to look for a team that’s ready to compete now because he’s not getting any younger.

He’s in the prime of his NBA career at the moment, which means he needs to find a contender as soon as possible. So why not Atlanta? I know the team barely made the NBA Playoffs, but just look at the roster GM Danny Ferry has assembled. An emerging star in Jeff Teague at point guard, to go along with NBA All-Star’s Paul Millsap and Al Horford down low, makes the Hawks an interesting place for the superstar to consider. I didn’t even mention the fact that the league’s best three-point shooter Kyle Korver also plays in Atlanta.

Put Anthony into this starting lineup and the Hawks would instantly becomearrow-10x10.png a legitimate force to be reckoned with. This is especially true under coach Mike Budenholzer‘s system. The sharpshooting forward fits perfectly into his scheme of spacing out the floor because Anthony can hit from anywhere. Also, if there’s one thing Atlanta needs morearrow-10x10.png than anything in order to get over the edge and compete for championships, it’s a star like Melo.

Anthony averaged an outstanding 27.4 points and 8.1 rebounds per game as a small forward last season with the Knicks. Now, I know he will take a slight dip in production considering the talent that surrounds him in Atlanta, but he would still be the go-to guy the Hawks need badly to close out opponents late in games. They struggled to finisharrow-10x10.png off the Indiana Pacers in the first round despite having multiple leads in certain games, and it cost them the series. With Anthony, Atlanta can forget about ever exiting in the first round again.

It might not be the flashy destination for the superstar, but why not choosearrow-10x10.png the Hawks? There are not many teams out there right now who possess both the cap space and roster that they do. The Chicago Bulls are certainly a good landing spot as well, but does Anthony want to build his own legacy or live in the shadow of someone else? Plus, the Bulls have a lot of unknowns right now, too. Derrick Rose still hasn’t shown that he’s ready to go next year, and coach Tom Thibodeau might be leaving as well. Make the right choice Anthony, and come on down to Atlanta.

Andrew Shaw is an Atlanta Hawks writer for RantSports.com. Follow him on Twitter @AShaw003, “Like” him on Facebook or add him to your networkarrow-10x10.png on Google.

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/05/04/carmelo-anthony-superstar-should-seriously-consider-atlanta-hawks/?Bg2DHYbj3p7dIpcj.99

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/05/04/carmelo-anthony-superstar-should-seriously-consider-atlanta-hawks/

• Like 1

• Premium Member

That's cool...welcome back aboard. Personally...if we could get Melo I would jump for joy...I just don't see him as seeing our Atlanta Hawks as a desired landing spot. More likely he will go to Boston with Love and some other F/A...or L.A...or take less and go to MIA after they ditch some folks.

A guy like Melo doesn't (nor should he) have any interest in the Hawks rebuild.

That's the thing, the rebuilding stage is over. You can't take the #1 seed to 7 games without your best player and say your rebuilding. We put the NBA on notice with that performance......P.S... just like the article mentioned we need a closer.

Edited by QuantumHawkz
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Guess I'm just clueless, but I've never seen in Melo anything that suggests to me he's going to be part of a championship team, unless it's in his waning years as the off-the-bench scorer. Melo, to me, is just a the mid-size version of the compact Monta Ellis. They're black holes. So, count me not interested even if we had the cap space.

I am not sold on Melo being the best fit for our team.. I have never been a huge Melo fan.. He is an excellent offensive player and I think he is better defensively than he gets credit for. There is something about him though.. He has consistently been incapable of making the players around him better.

I have never been a fan of a player who might take 30 shots any given game.. It looks great on espn but i remember playing ball in high school or even just pick up ball and you NEVER want that guy on your team. If you want to grow you gotta eat.. Carmelo is going to get his 30 shots per game. Every game's a buffet for him. but what about everyone else?

If we did make a move for him I would buy in, but in all honesty I would prefer to stay away from melo. I don't see that as a championship move.

Carmelo Anthony: Superstar Should Seriously Consider Atlanta Hawks

Top 5 tips to find a new job (TopTipsNews)

May 4, 2014 8:46 pm EDT by Andrew Shaw gplus.png

CarmeloAnthony.jpg

Cary Edmondson-USA TODAY Sports

This might sound crazy, but Carmelo Anthony should seriously consider going to the Atlanta Hawks this offseason. The New York Knicks arent going anywhere any time soon even with Phil Jackson running the show. The old regime messed up so badly, its going to be a long road before the Knicks become relevant again. This means Anthony has to look for a team thats ready to compete now because hes not getting any younger.

Hes in the prime of his NBA career at the moment, which means he needs to find a contender as soon as possible. So why not Atlanta? I know the team barely made the NBA Playoffs, but just look at the roster GM Danny Ferry has assembled. An emerging star in Jeff Teague at point guard, to go along with NBA All-Stars Paul Millsap and Al Horford down low, makes the Hawks an interesting place for the superstar to consider. I didnt even mention the fact that the leagues best three-point shooter Kyle Korver also plays in Atlanta.

Put Anthony into this starting lineup and the Hawks would instantly becomearrow-10x10.png a legitimate force to be reckoned with. This is especially true under coach Mike Budenholzers system. The sharpshooting forward fits perfectly into his scheme of spacing out the floor because Anthony can hit from anywhere. Also, if theres one thing Atlanta needs morearrow-10x10.png than anything in order to get over the edge and compete for championships, its a star like Melo.

Anthony averaged an outstanding 27.4 points and 8.1 rebounds per game as a small forward last season with the Knicks. Now, I know he will take a slight dip in production considering the talent that surrounds him in Atlanta, but he would still be the go-to guy the Hawks need badly to close out opponents late in games. They struggled to finisharrow-10x10.png off the Indiana Pacers in the first round despite having multiple leads in certain games, and it cost them the series. With Anthony, Atlanta can forget about ever exiting in the first round again.

It might not be the flashy destination for the superstar, but why not choosearrow-10x10.png the Hawks? There are not many teams out there right now who possess both the cap space and roster that they do. The Chicago Bulls are certainly a good landing spot as well, but does Anthony want to build his own legacy or live in the shadow of someone else? Plus, the Bulls have a lot of unknowns right now, too. Derrick Rose still hasnt shown that hes ready to go next year, and coach Tom Thibodeau might be leaving as well. Make the right choice Anthony, and come on down to Atlanta.

Andrew Shaw is an Atlanta Hawks writer for RantSports.com. Follow him on Twitter @AShaw003, Like him on Facebook or add him to your networkarrow-10x10.png on Google.

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/05/04/carmelo-anthony-superstar-should-seriously-consider-atlanta-hawks/?Bg2DHYbj3p7dIpcj.99

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/05/04/carmelo-anthony-superstar-should-seriously-consider-atlanta-hawks/

I'm not going to overlook this. At first I said melo wouldn't work here but now because we have an excellent coaching staff in place I think melo could fit here and be great here....possibly the best time of his career could be under coach bud.

Now can we afford him? Well he has to be willing to take a pay cut...if he really wants to win. I think the ASG will go into the lux tax if they can have Teague, Sap, Horford, Korver, Melo I really do.

• Like 2

Team USA Melo bought into the system on offense and defense. Can he do that for an entire season? Will he be willing to sacrifice his individual game for the team? If he wants to WIN he has to - it's what he will have to do regardless of the team he chooses as he will be playing with better talent.

I would definitely not turn him away if he wants to take a pay cut to come to the Hawks because that would mean he likes what DF and Bud sold him on, which means his game will change.

Sometimes these stars need a foot up their *** and allow themselves to be coached.

In Bud's system he will still get his touches - just better ones because of the players around him.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Guess I'm just clueless, but I've never seen in Melo anything that suggests to me he's going to be part of a championship team, unless it's in his waning years as the off-the-bench scorer. Melo, to me, is just a the mid-size version of the compact Monta Ellis. They're black holes. So, count me not interested even if we had the cap space.

And did we not see Ellis have the best year of his career when he played in the mavs system?! I'm telling you guys nba players can change with good coaching staffs. Bud wouldn't be afraid to tell melo what's up, when he's playing bad if he was on this team.

Trust me I wouldn't be for iso melo if ferry didn't have this coaching staff in place but since we have what I think is a great coaching staff I believe they can change melo to fit into coach buds system. Also I think melo can play defense if he tries, he proved that in the WCF vs the lakers that year.....it's all about a coach getting everything they can out of melo and I just believe coach bud can do that.

Man can you imagine how good Teague would be with melo on the team! Paul George would have had to stay on melo the whole series leaving hill guarding Teague!...Teague would have looked like a MVP!

Anyways I think coach bud can fit melo in with this team the biggest adjustment would be that melo shot attempts will HAVE to take a dive but that's a good thing.

• Like 3