• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford for Love?

Diesel

This is what stood out to me:

1. The sticking points are a) Kevin Love would have to agree to re-sign in Atlanta,

It’s unlikely that an Atlanta-Minnesota would happen straight up, and primarily due to the lack of a supporting cast for Love. The Hawks don’t have too many more assets to improve the rest of their roster, but the Wolves would do very, very well in this trade if Atlanta wanted to make a jump into the upper echelon of the East.

Love probably wouldn’t be thrilled with his landing spot, but the Wolves would be right back in contention for the seventh and eighth seeds in the Western Conference next season.

This is all about helping the Wolves....pass.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

I'd do it if Love agreed to an extension. You don't find 26/13 All NBA often folks.

He's a great rebounder. Has a good shot too. However, let me see it make a difference.

• Like 1

• Admin

I am torn on this .... Love is pretty special but he is not a defender...Al hustles on D.

He would have to resign with us too...

Martin is a great outside shooter but is very injury prone and doesn't play d either. Kyle is not a big time defender but he hustles his butt off and his shot is more consistent.

The 15 could be a steal in this draft too.

The question is which team is better?

Al/Kyle/15 on the team or Love/Martin on the team?

Adreian Wojnarowski: Timberwolves are discussing Kevin Love trade scenarios w/ teams, but made it clear deal's unlikely until they've hired a coach. sources say. Twitter @WojYahooNBA

Minnesota Timberwolves, Trade, Coaching, Kevin Love

This is what stood out to me:

1. The sticking points are a) Kevin Love would have to agree to re-sign in Atlanta,

It’s unlikely that an Atlanta-Minnesota would happen straight up, and primarily due to the lack of a supporting cast for Love. The Hawks don’t have too many more assets to improve the rest of their roster, but the Wolves would do very, very well in this trade if Atlanta wanted to make a jump into the upper echelon of the East.

Love probably wouldn’t be thrilled with his landing spot, but the Wolves would be right back in contention for the seventh and eighth seeds in the Western Conference next season.

This is all about helping the Wolves....pass.

Well it is a fan written piece on a nothing website and it's about 29 trades that make the Wolves better or some nonsense like that.

And I say hell to the no here. I don't think that players can even agree to extensions as part of a trade, can they? @hawksfanatic

It would make a difference here with a better team and a much weaker conference to play against.

How are we exactly a better team - No Al, No Korver, no 1st round pick. We just got worse defensively. And still no center.

Is Sap a full time SF?

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Well it is a fan written piece on a nothing website and it's about 29 trades that make the Wolves better or some nonsense like that.

And I say hell to the no here. I don't think that players can even agree to extensions as part of a trade, can they? @hawksfanatic

ok, I think he can opt-in his current contract so we'll have him for two years.

ok, I think he can opt-in his current contract so we'll have him for two years.

If we give up that much and have to take on Martin's salary then I want more than 2 years of Love. I just don't trust him re-signing with us. But maybe we could make a side deal with Teague / future 1st to get Westbrook and then Love might stay?

They can. But they changed the rules slightly. Before the current CBA, someone like Carmelo could force an extension with Bird Rights (at the Bird Rights maximum annual raises) in a trade. But now, if a player wants to be extended then traded they are limited in the length of the extension (3 years) and their raises (4.5% instead of Bird Rights 7.5%)...which limits how much a player can leverage.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q93