• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Nick Young

Alex

Lebron, DMC, and Korver torched his ass in the playoffs. He's overrated and covers up his terrible defense with antics.

No they didn't.

Kyle Korver averaged 13.4 ppg

DeMarre Carroll averaged 8.9 ppg

Lebron James averaged 22.83 ppg

Korver is the only one who performed better than his season averages, but he hardly torched Stephenson.

No they didn't.

Kyle Korver averaged 13.4 ppg

DeMarre Carroll averaged 8.9 ppg

Lebron James averaged 22.83 ppg

Korver is the only one who performed better than his season averages, but he hardly torched Stephenson.

It seems like they didn't in hindsight, but your missing important data.

Kyle shot 45.5% FG and shot 42.6% from 3pt

DMC shot 46.9% FG and shot 40.9% from 3pt

Lebron shot 56.5% FG and shot 40.7% from 3pt

Now the problem with using the ppg stat is that it accounts for attempts. Our system doesn't allow one guy to take a bulk of the shot attempts.

As for Lances defense.. high percentages shows that those three guys shot the ball with minimum defensive pressure. Playing good defense is all about creating limited shots and effecting percentages of the opposing players.

• Like 1

Whats the difference between him and Lance Stephenson hoisting up ill-advised..? Lance is a guy that everyone wants on our team but he takes the same shots as Nick Young. He's a head case with a ton of personality issues. While Youngs a natural six man with a alpha mentality. He's played on horrible teams that have benefited from his offensive strengths. Name a teammate from a former team that could be heavily relied on to score? I'll wait..

I actually don't want Lance either. Both are knuckleheads although Lance is a much better defender and playmaker. Still don't want either though.

I don't know what you guys are smoking. Nick Young is a mediocre-to-bad defender, that's for sure. But to say he's the same as or worse than Lou Williams? Which Lou Williams are we talking about here??

w0WiakZ.png

Young actually had a pretty decent year last year. 

They all do theyre contract year. lol  Lou had a nice 1st year here while Young avr 10ppg for Philly. I just think they are very similar as far as not really fitting in to the team. Still dont understand just giving Lou and Bebe away though.

Pre-ACL injury Lou Williams isn't coming back, my friend. He is who he is now.

If we give Young any more than a 1 year deal than contract year Nick Young aint coming back again till his deals up again like last year.

Pre-ACL injury Lou Williams isn't coming back, my friend. He is who he is now.

Yes, but even pre injury Lou wouldn't have been a great fit for this offense and at least he can do things other than shoot. 

I highly doubt we gave away Bebe to get out of Lous contract, just to throw another 6 million at a 6th man that offers nothing but scoring. 

It seems like they didn't in hindsight, but your missing important data.

Kyle shot 45.5% FG and shot 42.6% from 3pt

DMC shot 46.9% FG and shot 40.9% from 3pt

Lebron shot 56.5% FG and shot 40.7% from 3pt

Now the problem with using the ppg stat is that it accounts for attempts. Our system doesn't allow one guy to take a bulk of the shot attempts.

As for Lances defense.. high percentages shows that those three guys shot the ball with minimum defensive pressure. Playing good defense is all about creating limited shots and effecting percentages of the opposing players.

Still, those percentages don't scream "bad defender" to me. Lebron is the only one who shot extremely well and he's the best player on earth.

Not saying Nick Young would be a good fit for our team (mostly because I haven't given it much thought). All I'm saying is that going forward, Nick Young is in no way comparable to Lou Williams. I miss old Lou too, but new Nick Young is significantly better at basketball.

Still, those percentages don't scream "bad defender" to me. Lebron is the only one who shot extremely well and he's the best player on earth.

If those percentages signify good defense than Jamal Crawford should win Defensive Player of the Year next season. Smh. The sole difference is Lebrons high scoring was attributed to shot volume. If Kyle and DMC through up more shots at that clip, I'm sure we would've been playing in the Eastern Conference Finals.

If those percentages signify good defense than Jamal Crawford should win Defensive Player of the Year next season. Smh. The sole difference is Lebrons high scoring was attributed to shot volume. If Kyle and DMC through up more shots at that clip, I'm sure we would've been playing in the Eastern Conference Finals.

But they didn't. I mean, what kind of argument is that? Don't you think there might be a reason why their volume was low? Or does Stephenson not affect that in anyway?