• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Nick Young

Alex

Holy shit! I mentioned a name that wasn't Lebron or Carmelo. Let's just make a ton of smart ass comments because it's not one of those two players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Admin

Holy shit! I mentioned a name that wasn't Lebron or Carmelo. Let's just make a ton of smart ass comments because it's not one of those two players.

The smart ass comments are because he is a terrible fit here

But hey let's just keep dreaming that a star will sign with the Hawks.

Just because we can't get a star doesn't mean our fall back should be Nuck Young. There are better options that would fit what DF and Bud wants- guys who fit the system, high BBIQ guys.

I never advocated signing Nick Young. I just threw out realistic option as opposed to the norm that I read here on a daily basis.

I never advocated signing Nick Young. I just threw out realistic option as opposed to the norm that I read here on a daily basis.

You got 2 days of some people going bat shit crazy over LBJ and Melo - there are other threads with free agents. I hear you though it got tiresome real quick. Glad that's over.

• Moderators

I am not taking shots at you -- I am taking shots at Nick Young.  He is kind of like this generation's Ricky Davis.  

I have absolutely no realistic hope that we could land either Lebron or Carmelo, but I would rather just keep Lou Williams than sign Young. He would bring very little to the team while being a negative role model for our young players.  If we are going to focus on the third and fourth tier free agents, I would rather keep going after guys like DMC and Korver who are models of professionalism than go after someone who might be marginally more talented but who is more focused on seeing the points column of the box score or the ESPN highlight than he is on the final score.

I am not taking shots at you -- I am taking shots at Nick Young. He is kind of like this generation's Ricky Davis.

I have absolutely no realistic hope that we could land either Lebron or Carmelo, but I would rather just keep Lou Williams than sign Young. He would bring very little to the team while being a negative role model for our young players. If we are going to focus on the third and fourth tier free agents, I would rather keep going after guys like DMC and Korver who are models of professionalism than go after someone who might be marginally more talented but who is more focused on seeing the points column of the box score or the ESPN highlight than he is on the final score.

OMG. That's a good comparison of Nick Young = Ricky Davis.

• Premium Member

As long as he never starts, I could maybe hand him a 4M per contract, 2 years. Not a penny more than that.

• Like 1

• Admin

Hell No...he is the last guy I want to sign....lower bbiq then Smith.  Does nothing but score but the scoring is by taking terrible shots.

Can't defend, can't rebound, doesn't pass....shot selection is the worst.

Don't sign this guy!!

Hes like Lou in a small forwards body. Lou could score in bunches when healthy and was a great 6th man but he obviously did not fit Buds philosphy. Saying that Nick Young makes no sense. Say we get him on a 2 year 8mil deal will we be trading him and Taverus away next year for nothing but clearing cap space?

• Like 1

Nick Young can light it up off the bench.

Have no problem with this. I was assuming he would get the deal that Jodie Meeks got............but I guess his perceived attitude issues cost him.

Keep as many 3 point snipers away from the Miami Heat as possible.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 2