• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Greg Monroe

Swatguy

• Premium Member

Ferry has spoken of a calculated risk. Kevin Love is that. Send Sap+Payne+2015 and 17 1st's to Minny for Love without an extension.

The calculated risk is that he will not walk away from us because we own his Bird Rights and can pay him more money and more years than anyone else.

That is F------ing crazy....

That would sink the franchise.

Imagine losing Love and Horf at the same time??

And no Sap and no first and no Payne?

I would think Sap, 2015 first, 2017 first... for Love.

At least this way if everything fails, you still have Major Payne and a whole lot of salary cap space.

At least Reggie would post a link so an Insider wouldn't have to go searching.

I don't have insider bro otherwise I would. And I think Reggie usually asks others cuz he doesn't have it either. Oh and before you ask, I didn't grow a vagina ;-)

I don't have insider bro otherwise I would. And I think Reggie usually asks others cuz he doesn't have it either. Oh and before you ask, I didn't grow a vagina ;-)

Hey in the bay don't think basically just create a vagina from what's already there?? lol man getting nasty up in here.

Greg Monroe has a lot of admirers, however those teams are leery of tendering an offer sheet as the Detroit Pistons will likely match it. Monroe, according to the Detroit Free Press, probably wishes he could play on a new team this coming season. 

Vince Ellis writes: "The situation started last summer when the Pistons (unwisely) tossed a four-year, $54-million deal at Atlanta Hawks free agent Josh Smith. ... they signed Smith — basically telling Monroe to chill for a bit. You can understand Monroe feeling betrayed. Smith plays the same position and took the money he feels he had been promised." 

Monroe's agent, David Falk, is seeking a max contract and if he gets that done via an offer sheet the Pistons will have three days to match. There is also the possibility for Monroe to just sign his $5,479,934 qualifying offer which would make him an unrestricted free agent in 2015 when the forward/center will have plenty of teams lining up to pay him big bucks. 

Ellis suggests the best solution might be for Monroe to sign a short high-dollar contract which could make him a free agent in 2016 or 2017. Unless the Pistons can trade Smith, Monroe's time with the Pistons is likely not for the long-term.

ESPN IMG

Greg Monroe has a lot of admirers, however those teams are leery of tendering an offer sheet as the Detroit Pistons will likely match it. Monroe, according to the Detroit Free Press, probably wishes he could play on a new team this coming season.

Vince Ellis writes: "The situation started last summer when the Pistons (unwisely) tossed a four-year, $54-million deal at Atlanta Hawks free agent Josh Smith. ... they signed Smith — basically telling Monroe to chill for a bit. You can understand Monroe feeling betrayed. Smith plays the same position and took the money he feels he had been promised."

Monroe's agent, David Falk, is seeking a max contract and if he gets that done via an offer sheet the Pistons will have three days to match. There is also the possibility for Monroe to just sign his $5,479,934 qualifying offer which would make him an unrestricted free agent in 2015 when the forward/center will have plenty of teams lining up to pay him big bucks.

Ellis suggests the best solution might be for Monroe to sign a short high-dollar contract which could make him a free agent in 2016 or 2017. Unless the Pistons can trade Smith, Monroe's time with the Pistons is likely not for the long-term.

That is F------ing crazy....

That would sink the franchise.

Imagine losing Love and Horf at the same time??

And no Sap and no first and no Payne?

I would think Sap, 2015 first, 2017 first... for Love.

At least this way if everything fails, you still have Major Payne and a whole lot of salary cap space.

Re-visit the Joe trade and what we gave up. Diaw and 2 1st's for Joe. This trade is probably our only realistic shot at aquiring a superstar level player to this team.

• Like 1

Hey in the bay don't think basically just create a vagina from what's already there?? lol man getting nasty up in here.

Lol my bad ...I just wanted to clarify...:-/

Wait, I just read what you wrote again...lmao ...

How did I miss it the first time. Lol. I think I'm losing my sight on my stupid iPhone reading squawk..screen is tiny...(no jokes, just the screen)...

Wait, I just read what you wrote again...lmao ...

How did I miss it the first time. Lol. I think I'm losing my sight on my stupid iPhone reading squawk..screen is tiny...(no jokes, just the screen)...

Haha I was wondering how you missed it.  

Re-visit the Joe trade and what we gave up. Diaw and 2 1st's for Joe. This trade is probably our only realistic shot at aquiring a superstar level player to this team.

The diifference is we had Joe on a 4/5 year contract. You are suggesting accepting an unsigned Love for all that. That is franchise suicide.

Ferry has spoken of a calculated risk. Kevin Love is that. Send Sap+Payne+2015 and 17 1st's to Minny for Love without an extension.

The calculated risk is that he will not walk away from us because we own his Bird Rights and can pay him more money and more years than anyone else.

LAL too the same calculated risk with D12 and lost.

Haha I was wondering how you missed it.

Lol. I was gonna do that fireball girly drink you mentioned the other day but after the last few posts I decided to be a man, suck it up and have some tequila lol

David Aldridge said on twitter that Thabo was with Greg Monroe in Washington ( thabo to talk with the wiz and Monroe to watch the mystics game ) so with Bud in Washington at the same time do you think he got to talk to Monroe? We do work under the radar and it's easy to connect the dots here. I wonder if there was a meeting. Who really goes to Mystics games anyways? Perhaps Bud bumped into him on campus at Georgetown.

Id post the twitter pic if I knew how to from my phone but the tweet was on 7/2 at 8:55pm

• Like 2

David Aldridge said on twitter that Thabo was with Greg Monroe in Washington ( thabo to talk with the wiz and Monroe to watch the mystics game ) so with Bud in Washington at the same time do you think he got to talk to Monroe? We do work under the radar and it's easy to connect the dots here. I wonder if there was a meeting. Who really goes to Mystics games anyways? Perhaps Bud bumped into him on campus at Georgetown.

Id post the twitter pic if I knew how to from my phone but the tweet was on 7/2 at 8:55pm

On your phone, there should be like a share button in twitter. If you click that and then select copy to clipboard, then it should have something stupid copied like "Hey check out this tweet from @person http:// with [ tweet ] and [ /tweet ] and it will show up. Of course, don't have spaces in between the bracket as I had to do that so it doesn't code into a tweet.

• Premium Member

Perhaps they have the same representation?

• Like 2

• Premium Member

No.  To trade for Love with 1 year left on his deal and to give up Sap, Payne, and 2 first is equivalent to Nique and a first for Manning.

Maybe you're too young to remember.  However, that was a franchise killer because Manning was in the last year of his deal.

No.  To trade for Love with 1 year left on his deal and to give up Sap, Payne, and 2 first is equivalent to Nique and a first for Manning.

Maybe you're too young to remember.  However, that was a franchise killer because Manning was in the last year of his deal.

Why do people repeatedly bring up THAT trade. Sometimes denial is the only way to deal with some things.

• Premium Member

No. To trade for Love with 1 year left on his deal and to give up Sap, Payne, and 2 first is equivalent to Nique and a first for Manning.

Maybe you're too young to remember. However, that was a franchise killer because Manning was in the last year of his deal.

Yep, never give up known good assets for an expiring contract. That was a terrible deal.. Smh and we were awesome in reg season against nba champ rockets that year - had best record in the east at the time? Smdh!

• Premium Member

Why do people repeatedly bring up THAT trade. Sometimes denial is the only way to deal with some things.

Maybe because we lived it.

It stands as a warning against betting the farm on a player in their contract year.  When Babcock couldn't resign Manning, our franchise went into a 5 year tailspin.  From being one of the best in the Association to being mediocre.

It's not denial???  It's good sense to learn from history.

• Like 2