• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What are we going to do with Salmons?

Diesel

• Premium Member

This is the unanswered question.

To me, Salmons = 7 to 10 Million in Capspace or in player trade.   Ferry extended the waiver deadline for a reason.

Nothing really stands out as to what we can get for him.

If he is moved, he would have to be moved alone and that's 7 to 10 million player.  Who are we targetting?  Not Deng or Monroe. 

I personally believe that somebody will be trade for Monroe and that whatever Sf we get will be signed outright.

So what's with Salmons?  Any guesses?

In my heart, I would love to see him moved for Crawford/Barnes.

Us not sign Deng or Ariza and give Barnes a shot?  Cut Crawford and go into Next season with a ton of cash.

but that's one of my pipe dreams..

• Premium Member

Well... Could he be our SG/SF upgrade?

I kid...

Probably DF just wanted to have more time to fit him in a trade scenario. I guess we could do it under the CBA? Acquiring and then trading a player within a few days?

For me, I think DFerry had to have a deal in place and the team receiving Salmons needed him instead of capspace so that they can trade him again.  hawksfanatic can correct me if I'm wrong because this rendition of the CBA I'm not totally familiar with yet.  However, if a team is over the cap, getting capspace instead of a tradable player may not help them?

For me, I think DFerry had to have a deal in place and the team receiving Salmons needed him instead of capspace so that they can trade him again.  hawksfanatic can correct me if I'm wrong because this rendition of the CBA I'm not totally familiar with yet.  However, if a team is over the cap, getting capspace instead of a tradable player may not help them?

A team like Denver that has $68.9 million in salary for 2014/2014 and looking to move McGee ($11.2) and Wilson Chandler ($6.7) might want a contract like Salmons.  

• Premium Member

A team like Denver that has $68.9 million in salary for 2014/2014 and looking to move McGee ($11.2) and Wilson Chandler ($6.7) might want a contract like Salmons.  

Salmons for McGee might be of interest.  He's a shot blocker but his BBIQ isn't what Ferry would be looking for IMO.

I was thinking Salmons to Houston, Lin to GS, Barnes/Crawford to us.

Sets the table for Love to GS and Melo to Houston.... and Melo would fit very well there.   Barnes could be our Sf.

I wouldn't mind Wilson Chandler. He's got length and is a good defender. Poor man's Deng. What's his contract like?

$6.7 in 2014/15, $7.1 in 2015/16 at the team option. So it's a good contract.

• Moderators

I'd love to have Wilson Chandler.  Great defender and rebounder.

• Like 1

Salmons for McGee might be of interest.  He's a shot blocker but his BBIQ isn't what Ferry would be looking for IMO.

I was thinking Salmons to Houston, Lin to GS, Barnes/Crawford to us.

Sets the table for Love to GS and Melo to Houston.... and Melo would fit very well there.   Barnes could be our Sf.

Why would the Warriors want Lin when they just gave Sean Livingston $16m to backup the 1 and 2 spots?

Edited by WakaFlocka

• Premium Member

Why would the Warriors want Lin when they just gave Sean Livingston $16m to backup the 1 and 2 spots?

Let Lin and Livingston fight over who will be the starting PG and Move Curry to the 2.

John Salmons for Kevin Martin's contract

Sap+Payne+ 2 1st round picks for Kevin Love.

Some people look at that as too much to give for Love, because he COULD leave after one season.

But I see it differently. I go aggressive after a superior (to what we have) talent and finally place him on a playoff team. Next off-season, he will either re-sign with us or we go into rebuild mode (actual rebuild mode, where we get to the top of drafts finding our franchise player).

Either outcome with Love being on the team (him re-signing, him leaving and we tank) helps us get to a destination of getting top tier talent. This treadmill isn't taking us anywhere, and has been proven for longer than it should. Staying competitive with our current 'core' in hopes of a star free agent signing with us, well, how has that worked out so far? Dwight? Paul? Melo? Lebron, about to pass us up twice?

You have to take chances and be aggressive if you want to succeed in improving your team/finding elite talent.

Edited by RWF

If you get Love, he leaves after one season and you've given away future 1st round picks to get him in the first place, how exactly do you go about drafting top talent? Minnesota has your picks.

For one, I don't think I would do 2 1sts, and secondly we have Horford still on our roster according to that proposed deal. Millsap, Payne and the 2015 1st (which would have no effect on the 2016 and beyond drafts if Love walks next summer) or if Horford has to be involved - Horford and Payne with no pick for Love.

Edited by RWF

For one, I don't think I would do 2 1sts, and secondly we have Horford still on our roster according to that proposed deal. Millsap, Payne and the 2015 1st or if Horford has to be involved - Horford and Payne with no pick for Love.

Minnesota is absolutely going to want multiple picks in either of those proposed deals.

Payne could be a nice piece, sure, but he's not going to wow anyone like 1st round picks do. Millsap will be a FA after this coming season, Horford will be a FA the year after. Zero chance Horford resigns with the TWolves, maybe Millsap would if you overpaid him.

In conclusion, you're going to have to add 1st round picks to Paul/Al and Payne to make up for the fact that all Minnesota is really getting in those deals is Adreian Payne.

Kind of defeats the purpose of tanking if Love didn't end up resigning.