• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What are we going to do with Salmons?

Diesel

• Premium Member

I have never been a fan of cap space. I am also not a fan of Ferry's drafting. With the news that Cleveland is in serious talks to get Love if Lebron goes there it is just getting worse.

Cap space and blowing first round picks is not going to get us anywhere. Maxing out guys like Chandler Parson's and Gordon Hayward is not going to get us anywhere either.

We need some serious trades and we are simply not active enough.

If Ferry doesn't get it done this summer with a major acquistion like a Monroe, then the writing is on the wall.......

• Premium Member

I have never been a fan of cap space. I am also not a fan of Ferry's drafting. With the news that Cleveland is in serious talks to get Love if Lebron goes there it is just getting worse.

Cap space and blowing first round picks is not going to get us anywhere. Maxing out guys like Chandler Parson's and Gordon Hayward is not going to get us anywhere either.

Take a chillpill @MrMeltdown, we should see Ferry do something soon.

• Premium Member

My problem with his planning is that he thinks he will convince a superstar to sign here as a FA, but I see zero evidence that we will sign such a player no matter how flexible we appear to be.

Hell he cant even make a trade much less sign a major free agent

• Like 1

Hell he cant even make a trade much less sign a major free agent

It's hard to get a superstar as a FA in the first place. So many obstacles. You sometimes have to deal with players being RFA's, the home team having the ability to offer more money and everything else. It's obviously even harder to get someone to sign here.

• Premium Member

I understand the frustration, but look at what he's had to work with. His first offseason wasn't a full one but he got rid of two players that most of us didn't want. He also had LD coaching the team and I doubt any good player really had any interest in playing for Drew.

The next year he had a rookie coach. Many dreamed of CP3/Dwight but the minute Rivers went to LA that dream was shot. Still though, it would have been a tough sell because Bud wasn't a proven coach at the time.

Now you have this year and free agency hasn't really started yet. Once LeBron makes his decision we will see what happens. I doubt the results will make us into the team most of you want, but I still feel we are in way better shape now than we were before Ferry took over. I hope we can get Monroe or Deng, and I agree it wouldn't be a successful offseason if we only added Shefolosha and Bazemore but there is still a lot of time left to see what happens.

• Like 1

Take a chillpill @MrMeltdown, we should see Ferry do something soon.

I have already seen him make 4 1st rd picks and I did not agree with any of them.

I have already seen him operate with cap space to make moves and the results were nothing to write home about.

I have seen him make trades and none of them have yielded us any talent.

What else am I suppose to wait to see him do before stating my opinion? My opinion, which is based on facts; is that he is not doing a good job of improving the talent level of this team nor the franchises chances of winning titles?

Edited by MrMeltdown
  • Like 1

Man, Kevin Love is my favorite player, but if he joins up with Lebron on the Cavs......yuck.

Hope we at least get Lance or someone with potential like him. I'm not excited about the Deng rumors.

Man, Kevin Love is my favorite player, but if he joins up with Lebron on the Cavs......yuck.

Hope we at least get Lance or someone with potential like him. I'm not excited about the Deng rumors.

I want Ferry to get fired. None of the FA options are appealing.

Ownership needs to tell him to try and build this team through the draft or get lost.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

^Funny thing is, I think the situation we are in is ownership's doing. Now Ferry doesn't a have good track record when it comes to the draft or free agency (Cavs or Hawks, Millsap being the only good free agent), but I still trust him more than the ownership or any other GM we have had.

My problem is, he wants a franchise player? Well none of them are walking onto this team. So it's either draft one or trade for one. Can't draft the highest potential without tanking, and can't trade for one if you don't have prospects to do so. Signing guys like Deng to keep steady in the East sounds like the Joe Johnson led squads that the ownership was behind to me.

I'm, (just like many of you) frustrated. We want a legit shot at winning and a franchise player to lead the team year in and year out. I just want hope, not to keep running the treadmill.

Edited by RWF
  • Like 1

Ownership isn't going to just willingly tank. We're already losing money as it is I believe.

The only way to get a top pick is to trade one of our best players

The problem with Bud is he is too good to tank. He can win 35 games with Pero starting.

• Like 2

The problem with Bud is he is too good to tank. He can win 35 games with Pero starting.

Agreed...we do everything Bass-Akwards....shaking my head.  Now we can't tank - no lottery - no real hope of a top free agent - we won't stink but we will likely have a "ceiling" for the for-see-able future.  Braves are unreliable, Matty-Ice has a noodle arm, fish aren't biting...aaargh!

P.S. - here's an option...maybe Salmons can still play?

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

I want Ferry to get fired. None of the FA options are appealing.

Ownership needs to tell him to try and build this team through the draft or get lost.

Sometimes I wish some fans could get fired too.

As I said in other threads, I'm giving DF this offseason to give him a chance to do better than tread water.

What if he doesn't?

They extended his contract until July 10th, right?

Well, he better do something quick if that is the case.

5 million is going to just get you a scrub considering how players are getting overpaid left and right.

We have been hearing about cap space and flexibility for a few years now and what has it landed the Hawks so far? I'veseen zero evidence that Ferry can move this franchise past treadmill status. Which is what he claimed that he wanted to do. I have not even brought up the fact that his draft picks have yet to really pan out.

We signed a f***ing All-Star last year.

We signed a f***ing All-Star last year.

I doubt he would have been our all-star if Horford stayed healthy. The NBA just seems to give us an all-star selection every year for being a playoff team, and Horford would have received it IMO.

Edited by RWF