• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What are we going to do with Salmons?

Diesel

The 10th is almost upon us - WWDFDWS (what will DF do with Salmons?)

My bet is that DF pushes the waiver date back again.

Realistically, this will only happen if Free Agency is in a standstill on July 10th because Melo hasn't decided and LeBron's people can't figure out how to update his app. Man, samsung is a powerful company.

My bet is that DF pushes the waiver date back again.

Realistically, this will only happen if Free Agency is in a standstill on July 10th because Melo hasn't decided and LeBron's people can't figure out how to update his app. Man, samsung is a powerful company.

Glad you mentioned that because i was wondering if there was any restriction on pushing the deadline out again. Good to know we have options.

Glad you mentioned that because i was wondering if there was any restriction on pushing the deadline out again. Good to know we have options.

If both DF and Salmons agree, then it can be done. I'm not sure how much behind the scenes interaction with Agents matter, so I have no clue how likely this is.

This is the unanswered question.

To me, Salmons = 7 to 10 Million in Capspace or in player trade. Ferry extended the waiver deadline for a reason.

Nothing really stands out as to what we can get for him.

If he is moved, he would have to be moved alone and that's 7 to 10 million player. Who are we targetting? Not Deng or Monroe.

I personally believe that somebody will be trade for Monroe and that whatever Sf we get will be signed outright.

So what's with Salmons? Any guesses?

In my heart, I would love to see him moved for Crawford/Barnes.

Us not sign Deng or Ariza and give Barnes a shot? Cut Crawford and go into Next season with a ton of cash.

but that's one of my pipe dreams..

Monroe is off the table for us? Really Socrates? We could trade them Millsap and salmons for Monroe in a sign and trade and be done.

Truly head scratching topic.

• Premium Member

You'd probably cry even more when he bolted for L.A. after next season... Just sayin'.

I don't think he would do that. He's said for years he wants to play for a contender. If the Wolves had made the playoffs last year he'd be staying there.

So Ferry traded the first round pick from last year for nothing because it looks like he will be unable to do anything with Salmons.

This is a stupid comment and doesn't help your reputation as a hater because it is just wrong.

• Premium Member

This is a stupid comment and doesn't help your reputation as a hater because it is just wrong.

Whoa there hoss.............it is a legitimate question.  Ferry through away a exception when Horf got hurt this past season.  

Edited by Vol4ever

Whoa there hoss.............it is a legitimate question.  Ferry through away a exception when Horf got hurt this past season.

Well then same goes for you if you believe Ferry "through away a exception" this past season. And Hotlanta did not pose any question, he made a statement that Danny Ferry traded away a first round pick for nothing. That statement is 100% wrong and is not a question. If Hots posed his statement as a question, then I wouldn't have responded the way I did. He didn't, and it is a stupid comment.

It is one thing to criticize the team, which I do often and am completely fine with posters doing in general. It is another thing to completely miss what the hell is going on with the team. It appears both you and Hots are doing this.

Well then same goes for you if you believe Ferry "through away a exception" this past season. And Hotlanta did not pose any question, he made a statement that Danny Ferry traded away a first round pick for nothing. That statement is 100% wrong and is not a question. If Hots posed his statement as a question, then I wouldn't have responded the way I did. He didn't, and it is a stupid comment.It is one thing to criticize the team, which I do often and am completely fine with posters doing in general. It is another thing to completely miss what the hell is going on with the team. It appears both you and Hots are doing this.

Well, what does he have to show for it?

He brought Lou here a few years ago to help lure Dwight (which completely failed) and then he trades him away with a first round pick even though Lou is going to be a FA soon anyway. What does he have to show for that? Nothing.

Well, what does he have to show for it?

He brought Lou here a few years ago to help lure Dwight (which completely failed) and then he trades him away with a first round pick even though Lou is going to be a FA soon anyway. What does he have to show for that? Nothing.

Well let's see, the Hawks can still flip Salmon's for up to $10.6m in a player. Or they can waive him and have ~$5m in Cap Space in order to sign someone else. Are those not real things that we can do with Salmons?

If you think that Cap Space is unimportant, then can I please have all your cash? Because that is the logical implication, that you are implicitly saying that Cap Space in and of itself is worthless. OK, so same for cash unless you plan on using it to wipe your ass or to start a fire.

Oh what is that? Cash isn't worthless because it can buy other assets? Well what do you know, the same applies for Cap Space. An NBA team without Cap Space is a person who doesn't have cash. I mean, I guess you can pay with credit (MLE or BAE) or you could re-mortgage your house to buy that jet ski you want (trade other current assets). But if you can just buy a jet ski with cash (Cap Space) then why don't you?

• Premium Member

They extended his contract until July 10th, right?

Well, he better do something quick if that is the case.

5 million is going to just get you a scrub considering how players are getting overpaid left and right.

We have been hearing about cap space and flexibility for a few years now and what has it landed the Hawks so far? I'veseen zero evidence that Ferry can move this franchise past treadmill status. Which is what he claimed that he wanted to do. I have not even brought up the fact that his draft picks have yet to really pan out.

I will have to second this.  We are no better than 5 years ago

• Like 1

• Premium Member

They extended his contract until July 10th, right?

Well, he better do something quick if that is the case.

5 million is going to just get you a scrub considering how players are getting overpaid left and right.

We have been hearing about cap space and flexibility for a few years now and what has it landed the Hawks so far? I'veseen zero evidence that Ferry can move this franchise past treadmill status. Which is what he claimed that he wanted to do. I have not even brought up the fact that his draft picks have yet to really pan out.

I have to agree with this post here because this is simply the truth. We're in the same position right now as we were in WLOC era. Unless Ferry makes a splash somehow I don't see what the real difference is between then and now.

• Like 1

The only difference is the names on the back of the jerseys. This team will continue to tread water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never been a fan of cap space. I am also not a fan of Ferry's drafting. With the news that Cleveland is in serious talks to get Love if Lebron goes there it is just getting worse.

Cap space and blowing first round picks is not going to get us anywhere. Maxing out guys like Chandler Parson's and Gordon Hayward is not going to get us anywhere either.

We need some serious trades and we are simply not active enough.