Woj: Cracks in the triad

sturt

King James' new theme song:

"How great I am!  How great I am!  Nobody knows how great I am!"

Ali was "The Greatest" and, as a fighter, he was out there all alone.

Basketball, however, requires a team and a complete team effort

to be successful.

If King James takes all the money, where is the payday for the remainder

of his team, where ever he is?  Maybe it's not him.  Maybe it's his agent.

He's doing nothing to correct this if it's not him.

Can he have a team with him and the remainder of the players D League

members and expect to win the NBA title?  Gray Mule, that's silly you say.

Sure, but where is the money coming from to pay others if he takes most

of it?

Sounds like his ego is getting the best of him.  Greedy.  I want it all!  Mine!

Mine!  Mine!  To heck with everyone else. 

If the NBA allowed teams to pay whatever they wanted to, to whoever  they

wanted to, as baseball does, then I could see it happening.  That's not the case.

I may be all wrong and L. James right about everything here.  What do you think?

• Like 1

Wojnarowski is reporting tonight that James has told Pat Riley to impress him with who he can bring to the roster, and that he's going to be expecting the max...

So, my question... if they both put themselves on the market, would you want DF to pursue Wade or Bosh or neither?

Wade--- heck no.  Old and broken down.

Bosh is a great fit for our system but probably not.  That would give us three bigs--Bosh, Millsap, Payne with similar skillsets plus Horford.  Talk about a log jam at PF.  Even if we trade Millsap, I doubt we'd pursue him.  

Don't see us getting any of the "triad."  I think one of the tells of the Triad is if Miami can sign someone to upgrade their roster outside of the big 3.  The longer it takes for Miami to get something done, the greater the chance of the team to be dismantled.  

I would love to see Lebron out of the east.    

• Like 1

• Premium Member

If Melo goes west, LeBron goes to Cleveland and Miami is left with Bosh/Wade it really opens up the East.

Whoever has LeBron is going to be the favorite but he will be playing with new coach/players. They aren't going to be as good as Miami has been the last three seasons.

If King James takes all the money, where is the payday for the remainder

of his team, where ever he is?  Maybe it's not him.  Maybe it's his agent.

He's doing nothing to correct this if it's not him.

Can he have a team with him and the remainder of the players D League

members and expect to win the NBA title?  Gray Mule, that's silly you say.

Sure, but where is the money coming from to pay others if he takes most

of it?

Sounds like his ego is getting the best of him.  Greedy.  I want it all!  Mine!

Mine!  Mine!  To heck with everyone else. 

If the NBA allowed teams to pay whatever they wanted to, to whoever  they

wanted to, as baseball does, then I could see it happening.  That's not the case.

I may be all wrong and L. James right about everything here.  What do you think?

I think James may just be a little bit perturbed at Riley, although I agree that his ego may just be getting the best of him.  Surely after all the celebrating died down after the last Championship he had to think - wow - if Ray misses that miracle shot we don't win...and he probably lobbied for a better supporting cast for this year.  Now, after the debacle in the Finals he has to be thinking..it's not getting better...it's getting worse.

The odd news conference Riley had may be a hint.  When it's all said and done I expect the big three to all return...but is it really a "Big Three" anymore?  As others have posted - Wade is fading and Bosh is working on his threes (possibly to extend his career).  LeBron may just be thinking "I can lose in the finals with a max contract just as easy as I can with a reduced one".  He may see the handwriting on the wall.

• Moderators

Miami has reportedly talked to Morrow as well.  If this is Riley's attempt at building a roster to keep James, Miami is screwed. sarcastic_hand.gif

I hope Bosh goes to LAL, Phoenix, or Houston, Lebron back to Cleveland or somewhere, and Wade is put in a tough spot.  Either Miami or New York for Wade.  Maybe Chicago, but I remember hard feelings back in 2010...

Miami has reportedly talked to Morrow as well. If this is Riley's attempt at building a roster to keep James, Miami is screwed. sarcastic_hand.gif

I hope Bosh goes to LAL, Phoenix, or Houston, Lebron back to Cleveland or somewhere, and Wade is put in a tough spot. Either Miami or New York for Wade. Maybe Chicago, but I remember hard feelings back in 2010...

Get `em Marv! Help ruin the hopes of the Heat!

No but seriously, i hope Marv does well...even if means ruining the Heat. :-)

• Moderators

Twittersphere is blowing up with rumors that Lebron is going back to Cleveland!  Saying Dan Gilbert's private plane is en route to somewhere in Florida... Man, I hope it's true.

• Like 1

Yeah but what is @DJlaysitup's son saying is gonna happen? saythat.gif

NSA-Squawk at it again assassin.gif 

Got a tweet (and it may be on ESPN soon)...Atlanta Hawks have come to an agreement with Andrew Bynum for a three year contract with a player "opt out" for the third year.

Contract terms will be around 3 for $36m.

YES BABY!!!

peanut-butter-jelly-time.gif

Hate to make a new post out of it but I am suspending myself for poor conduct.  I took (what I now know) was a rumor, and posted it on the main board...and even embellished it a bit.

I admit I wanted to be first to post something positive (signing Bynum) and kind of be a hero.

Obviously I should have checked it out.

I didn't make it up out of thin air - but - well - F - I messed up.

Sorry to all who were mis-lead.     -DJ  kickcan.gif

• Like 2