For future reference, what is your tipping point contract for Deng if we get him

sturt

• Premium Member

...that is, the contract that is the most amount of money and years that you're content with, and anything more, to your mind, would be giving up too much.

I'm not one who's all that on-board with getting him in the first place, so I'm probably going to be on the low side compared to most of you... for me, I can go $9 mil and no more than 2 years without asking to have my Hawksquawk membership abolished.

• Premium Member

3year/33 million..I like the years and the price there.

This is a good starting point, with the flexibility to go 3/36 if needed.

I do a 4 year $40 mill contract with year 4 as a team option. Prefer 3 years $30 mill.

I would pay $22 mill on a 2 year contract.

Deng>Monroe...whatddya say coach? ;-)

Deng>Monroe...whatddya say coach? ;-)

I'd agree just because we would most likely have to give up Millsap to get Monroe (either sign and trade or just to fit Horford/Monroe in the frontcourt).

I have high hopes in getting a superior player, so not set on either, but would be fine with both.

Monroe is a scrub. Can't play defense and is low bbiq. The hawks already have Millsap and Horford who are lightyears ahead of that guy. I'd pay Deng 4 year 11mil per year. Deng is a lite-two-way player. He would also get less minutes than chicago. That means his productivity would be better. 

• Like 3