• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We just need another backup center other than Pero....

JTB

After going back and forth with this..."we need to get horford to the powerforward position" I think I overreacted big time (usually I'm all for horford staying a center).

Horford is a BIG man tweener like Duncan that can play both PF & C.

If we look at our roster. We have 3 guys that can play minutes at center Horford, Pero, Payne. Soooo....What we need is a big who can come in and provide minutes or start at the center position when horford is out matched size wise. We already have a 3pt shooting big in Pero who has size now we just need to add another big body talent like a Jordan Hill and our Big man rotation should be above average.

I think Jordan hill or another quality backup big man is more important as well as getting a good wing defender like deng.

Pero is a bum honestly and we shouldn't even keep him IMO. We need a legit back up C like Jordan Hill.

That guy you're calling a bum was on the short list for rookie of the year honors for most of the season.

• Like 1

• Moderators

That guy you're calling a bum was on the short list for rookie of the year honors for most of the season.

Thank you.   Geez.   Shoot bad in your first ever playoff series and people hate you for some reason.   I think its safe to say that Pero exceeded anyones expectations for his first nba season.

and i'm on the Jordan Hill bandwagon also.   

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I'm firmly in the Jordan Hill camp although I think Pero's efforts to play through injury put an ugly scar on his body of work last season.  I think if we saw the healthy Pero in the weeks after Horford's injury and before his own injury for a full season/postseason, we wouldn't hate on him so much for what he did in the playoffs.

I'm firmly in the Jordan Hill camp although I think Pero's efforts to play through injury put an ugly scar on his body of work last season. I think if we saw the healthy Pero in the weeks after Horford's injury and before his own injury for a full season/postseason, we wouldn't hate on him so much for what he did in the playoffs.

Pero will be ok we just need to allow fans to hate and then cool off!

Other than that hey! We got 3 bigs that can knock down the 3 ball! (Pero, Sap, Payne....maybe horford)

• Like 1

Let's be honest he is what a 30yr old rookie? I don't call that a rookie really when he is playing overseas professionally.

Let's be honest here. Pero is NOT a rookie like someone out of college. He is 30+ yrs old and played professionally overseas. He is not going to get any better in his career. He should be a 3rd string back C at best in the NBA. If he doesn't hit 3's which is exactly what he did the entire playoffs he is pretty useless since he has no other offensive part to this game. It's not like he can defend centers in the NBA either. He gets abused on that end as well.

• Moderators

Let's be honest he is what a 30yr old rookie? I don't call that a rookie really when he is playing overseas professionally.

Let's be honest here. Pero is NOT a rookie like someone out of college. He is 30+ yrs old and played professionally overseas. He is not going to get any better in his career. He should be a 3rd string back C at best in the NBA. If he doesn't hit 3's which is exactly what he did the entire playoffs he is pretty useless since he has no other offensive part to this game. It's not like he can defend centers in the NBA either. He gets abused on that end as well.

I thought his defense we pretty good.   But you're overlooking his primary job on offense which is to set picks and pull his man out of the lane.   Which he did very well.

• Like 2

Let's be honest Pero really wasn't brought in to play starter minutes last year, it just happened to happen due to injuries.

Let's be honest he didn't do that bad at the 3ball last year, after all he was on the team to be a 3rd string center like you said.

Let's be honest he really can improve...not to anything major but it's very possible for him to shoot the 3ball better next season.

Let's be honest why does his defense have to be superb? How many scoring centers you know are actual scoring threats in the post?....let's be honest it's only 5-7 in the nba today...let's be honest centers are used to protect the rim against slashers more so than against other true centers...let's be honest who worries about a 3rd string center having top notch defense?

• Like 1

Glad you mention Channing Frye because Pero plays like a Channing Frye clone.

I've also been on the Jordan Hill bandwagon for awhile now. I'm just saying there's no reason to crap on Pero. If we got Hill he'd be our 3rd string C but he'd also be the best 3rd string C in the league, by far.

• Like 1

Glad you mention Channing Frye because Pero plays like a Channing Frye clone.

I've also been on the Jordan Hill bandwagon for awhile now. I'm just saying there's no reason to crap on Pero. If we got Hill he'd be our 3rd string C but he'd also be the best 3rd string C in the league, by far.

I think a Horford, Hill, Pero rotation would be perfect. Unless we get Monroe. Then swap Horford for Monroe in the center rotation

• Like 1

A center rotation of Horf, Hill, and Pero would be the best in the NBA. Goes even deeper when you toss in Moose and Payne.

Edited by hazer

Pero is horrible and a huge reason why we didn't go farther in the playoffs.  All he does

is hang out on the 3 point line and jack up shots, which he historically hits at a very mediocre rate.

We need another big who has size and can play tought D inside.  Please lets ditch Pero.  

He's just Smoove 2.0

Pero is horrible and a huge reason why we didn't go farther in the playoffs.  All he does

is hang out on the 3 point line and jack up shots, which he historically hits at a very mediocre rate.

We need another big who has size and can play tought D inside.  Please lets ditch Pero.  

He's just Smoove 2.0

• Like 1

Pero was getting national attention for a brief stretch, he's fine. I was one of the most outspoken for his awful postseason shooting, but I forgive him and maybe give him a pass for his foot or whatever it was.

I don't know why Jordan Hill isn't here already. Tough, young, likes to bang, fair IQ, with good size for cheap to mix and match our frontcourt's strengths and release pressure off Al defensively? C'mon Ferry, it's a no-brainer. Throw him a little extra if you have to, he makes our 4 AND 5 spot among the top in the league if Payne excels and Al stays healthy.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

Pero Antić Per36:

13 points

8 rebounds

2.3 assists

41% fg%

32% from 3

55% from 2

Thank you. That's a starter on a bad team, second string on a good team, third string on a real contender. There is no shortage of teams that would kill to have him on their depth chart. He has outstanding instincts as far as the team movement, on both sides. Slides his feet and uses his body as well as you could expect. Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2