• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If you're like me, you're thinking $9.5 mil for Thad Young is looking mighty good right now

sturt

• Premium Member

Thabo and Bazemore as our free agent pick ups (while trading away Bebe) would have me off the Ferry bandwagon real quick like.

As if Bebe was Hakeen Olajuwon. Getting rid of Lou was addition by subtraction. I'm sure DF and Bud had a real good reason to trade Bebe as well. Maybe he just wasn't a good fit after all, like someone had stated before. Suspending his contract with Estudiantes Asefa, taking months to deal with his tendinitis (which some think it's a minor problem), I dunno.

DF wouldn't get rid of him for nothing. And plus, we have Tavares (read: bigger, healthier Bebe) now.

Edited by BrazilianHawk

Dude, Gallinari didn't play AT ALL last year! What are u smoking. This guy is a joke and how much is he getting paid per yr right now? Oh yeah he made 11.5mil last yr and didn't even play.

Well no. Gallo made $10,146,925 last year. What are YOU smoking?

• Premium Member

So be it? Wow. No offense but I am sooo thankful that neither you nor BK are running this team. You don't overpay 2nd or 3rd tier players like Hayward and Parsons to the tune of 15 million per season, that's just insane. That's how you get in cap hell with contracts that are incredibly difficult to move. 

1000326-00-00-00-00_lg.png

Heyward / Parsons would be JJ situation all over again.

• Like 1

I really think Lance is gonna get his from the Lakers or Charlotte (now that Utah supposedly is matching Hayward's offer) so to get him will be more costly than previously thought.

Also, why would Young be immune to the development genius everyone's saying Budz is?  (That's not meant as a sarcastic shot.)

Everybody always points to player X's improvement last year (under Budz) as compared to their career numbers.  Young's numbers in Philly aren't stellar but why would Young not benefit from the coaching, development, system, etc.?

$9.5 mil for him sounds a lot better than $14+mil for one of the restricted fellows.

Millsap's shooting ability is the only reason I'd consider trying him out there. He isn't quick enough to defend the 3 nor is he quick enough offense to blow by defenders. Millsap is best jacking up 3 pointers or snagging rebounds for garbage buckets. I mean, how many SF's in the league are the pick in the PnR/P?

Couldn't we have Thad/Millsap switch when on defense and guard the best option? If you are offensively a 4, could you not guard the 3 on defense if you have the quickness to do so like Thad? Let Millsap fill the 3 on offense and defend the 4... This ain't a video game where they guard their position opponent. I'm sure Coach Bud could figure that part out.

DMC/Thabo would be in rotation also for the 3 so I'm sure they could work out a plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Premium Member

Sorry if you're one of those who've seen me write this for the third or fourth time, but it's my take that Millsap is a good solid traditional 4 in every way, though he often gives up an inch or two or three to his man. His height is slightly lacking, but the rest of his frame is 4 all the way.

Young is what Millsap might be if he had more of a SF frame... not saying he has the perfect SF frame, but he's closer to what you want than Millsap. I'm persuaded... though I know some of you aren't... that as long as you have wings like DMC and Korver in the rotation, and at the other end, post players like Horford and Antić, Young is a fit because he is fully capable of playing either the 3 or 4 depending on who else is in the game. And at the end of 48 minutes, his boxscore line reads a whole lot like Millsap's.

So, from my perspective, acquiring Young allows you to flip Millsap to fill assets, particularly given that you've just drafted Payne.

Edited by sturt

Agreed! What so we just get the leftovers at discounted prices like usual. Big deal. We need to sign an impact player for once and if you have to overspend a little then so be it. I mean Parsons and Hayward are not even 24yrs old and will be all stars. I agree 15mil is high but I would do it for either one of them since they haven't reached their ceiling and are already borderline all stars. Plugging either of these guys in at SF instantly makes us ECF contenders if we stay healthy

Now we are talking about Gallinari? Talk about an overpaid bum. Good lord

So you're ready for Joe Johnson all over again? How soon they forget. Overpaying gets you nowhere but capped out.

• Like 1

On the face of it, sure it's overpaying, but could this just be the NBA now? Deng wants 12. Would you not pay 3 more for a young guy you can build around instead of a guy you'll watch decline?

My point is, if they all get overpaid, where do we expect to find the deals? Xavier Henry and Shawn Marion?

Everyone else is going to cost far more than they're worth.

So you're ready for Joe Johnson all over again? How soon they forget. Overpaying gets you nowhere but capped out.

Joe Johnson was a 6 time All Star and played both ends of the floor. Sure he was highly overpaid but I'd rather give JJ 20 mil than Parsons or Hayward 15 million. All of them are cap killers though.

• Like 2

On the face of it, sure it's overpaying, but could this just be the NBA now? Deng wants 12. Would you not pay 3 more for a young guy you can build around instead of a guy you'll watch decline?

My point is, if they all get overpaid, where do we expect to find the deals? Xavier Henry and Shawn Marion?

Everyone else is going to cost far more than they're worth.

There's not enough money for everyone to be overpaid. We need to be patient in FA and for potential trades to get teams cap room.

There's not enough money for everyone to be overpaid. We need to be patient in FA and for potential trades to get teams cap room.

Yup, but Deng, Ariza, and Stephenson are not going to be those guys. Theyll still go for good money.

So who are we talking about? I wasn't trying to be extreme by saying Marion and Henry. Thats who I think will be left and a good deal. Perhaps Jordan Hill but I expect him to get market value or better.

Yup, but Deng, Ariza, and Stephenson are not going to be those guys. Theyll still go for good money.

So who are we talking about? I wasn't trying to be extreme by saying Marion and Henry. Thats who I think will be left and a good deal. Perhaps Jordan Hill but I expect him to get market value or better.

Who knows but one of them might get left out. And there's guys we could probably get via trade with teams looking to clear cap room.

As if Bebe was Hakeen Olajuwon. Getting rid of Lou was addition by subtraction. I'm sure DF and Bud had a real good reason to trade Bebe as well. Maybe he just wasn't a good fit after all, like someone had stated before. Suspending his contract with Estudiantes Asefa, taking months to deal with his tendinitis (which some think it's a minor problem), I dunno.

DF wouldn't get rid of him for nothing. And plus, we have Tavares (read: bigger, healthier Bebe) now.

It's not Bebe, it's a year old 1st round pick. We traded a 1st to clear Lou's contract and possibly cut Salmons for Sef and a Bazemore/Deng? That sucks.

It's not Bebe, it's a year old 1st round pick. We traded a 1st to clear Lou's contract and possibly cut Salmons for Sef and a Bazemore/Deng? That sucks.

Sunk cost.

• Premium Member

I never studied much of the dude, but I do know he's well-adjusted to losing. I'm good.

Good point that i don't know if anyone else in this forum has mentioned. The losing culture is definitely a problem for Ferry with him and a player like Deng would be more likely considering he comes from a good culture.