• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Danny Ferry - Does he have a Plan?

Guest BraveHawk

I have to say if we gave up on Bebe and do nothing this season with the cap space then IMO that is grounds for termination. Here's hoping DF does something that actually makes us a real contender.

I completely agree with this. If we don't sign anyone THIS off-season then we traded our first round pick for nothing!! He wasn't even on our payroll yet. He HAS TO sign someone this summer or else we might as well have kept lou and had the cap space next summer.

• Like 4

At this time, it's Lance or a trade for a superior player than what we have for me. Lance, I guess along with Bledsoe to me, is the only real top FAs that could have an impact on this team for 'years' to come. A trade is really our only shot at getting a better player. Horford can't be the best player on a contender.

• Like 1

This team doesn't have anything. Cleveland along with Chicago, NJ and Washington are all going to be better. Possibly Charlotte also. I forgot Indy also.

I disagree. There's nobody that I'd say that has a clear advantage over us.

Chicago might be better because of how well coached they are.

Charlotte might be better if the Jazz don't match Hayward's offer sheet, but they still lost McRoberts who was a big part of their offense.

Brooklyn ain't sh*t. Lionel Hollins might prove me wrong, but they could lose some other key players and they don't have the cap space to replace them.

Washington could be in trouble if they lose Ariza. Even if they retain him, I still think we're better.

Indiana is a joke. They may get the best record, but I'm not worried about them come playoff time.

I'm not really worried about Cleveland either, but I don't think they're done yet. All I'm saying is that while Ferry has unimpressed this free agency, we have improved and I think we can do something this season.

• Like 2

I disagree. There's nobody that I'd say that has a clear advantage over us.

Chicago might be better because of how well coached they are.

Charlotte might be better if the Jazz don't match Hayward's offer sheet, but they still lost McRoberts who was a big part of their offense.

Brooklyn ain't sh*t. Lionel Hollins might prove me wrong, but they could lose some other key players and they don't have the cap space to replace them.

Washington could be in trouble if they lose Ariza. Even if they retain him, I still think we're better.

Indiana is a joke. They may get the best record, but I'm not worried about them come playoff time.

I'm not really worried about Cleveland either, but I don't think they're done yet. All I'm saying is that while Ferry has unimpressed this free agency, we have improved and I think we can do something this season.

Brooklyn had the best record in the conference after the all star break and they just hired a better head coach. They will get Lopez back also.

Washington has size and toughness up front. This team has an undersized center and an undersized PF. Gabarge for wing players also. This team is going to roll out Carroll and Korver as starters again next year.

• Like 1

You can plan all you want but if just above average players, like Hayward and Parsons, continue to get 14 to 15 million a year starting, that plan gets shot to hell. I don't think its over yet, but those two signings are atrocious.

Brooklyn had the best record in the conference after the all star break and they just hired a better head coach. They will get Lopez back also.

Washington has size and toughness up front. This team has an undersized center and an undersized PF. Gabarge for wing players also. This team is going to roll out Carroll and Korver as starters again next year.

Brooklyn has lost Livingston (they did replace him with Jarrett Jack) and could also lose Paul Pierce.

Hollins might prove me wrong but that team will probably get worse due to the regression of its players.

Washington has little depth and only decent coaching. Even with their size advantage our front court players are still better.

Everyone thinks cap space is so important but we don't do anything with it, so it means nothing..  Building a team in our situation is solved 2 ways.

1.  You get into the lottery and get lucky.

2.  You SPEND money to get free agents.

The Atlanta Hawks are not going to spend the money to bring in a major free agent.  Just watch and see.

While this is probably true.... they don't want to be in the lottery either.... 

Brooklyn has lost Livingston (they did replace him with Jarrett Jack) and could also lose Paul Pierce.

Hollins might prove me wrong but that team will probably get worse due to the regression of its players.

Washington has little depth and only decent coaching. Even with their size advantage our front court players are still better.

They will also get Lopez back.

This team has little depth also. Guys like Mack and Jenkins are bums. Scott is a one trick pony of a player. Payne is a rookie. Dennis sucks.

I'm glad you have the faith though. I sure don't.

They will also get Lopez back.

This team has little depth also. Guys like Mack and Jenkins are bums. Scott is a one trick pony of a player. Payne is a rookie. Dennis sucks.

I'm glad you have the faith though. I sure don't.

Fair enough. All I know is that the player development we saw last year was real, and more importantly the players know it.
  • Like 2

Danny Ferry is mediocre, we all got hope when he was able to dump JJ and Marvin but outside of signing bargains.. He's failed on majority of his draft picks (Jenkins (he isn't special) Bebe, and we'll see how Schröder and Payne do 

But I don't really have faith Ferry is doing anything besides keeping us first round and done.

• Premium Member

I know I'm probably in the minority but if I was in Danny Ferry's position, I don't know that I would have done anything different. Would I have traded last years No #1 pick for cap space? Maybe. We don't know what information he has on Lucas's health. Also, Danny may have been trying to do something else with the cap space that didn't work out. Would I go out there and sign some of these free agents just to say I did something? Absolutely not. I'm tired of paying top dollar for fringe talent. Even if it half way works out, you handicap yourself with the salary cap going forward. It's easy to criticize but what would you have reasonably done if you were in his position. 

The majority of posters here have said more than once they are giving DF this offseason to prove himself. It just started so no one is ready to hand out pink slips. Yet.